Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baby, It's Cold Outside...

According to the weather forecast, tomorrow is going to be a normal spring day tomorrow, at a bone chilling high 40s!  To think only last Thursday, the downtown YMCA finally turned on its air conditioning! And today, I pranced around at Target wearing a t-shirt and shorts. It's back to sweaters tomorrow!

All the papers used here is from Fancy Pants' Winterland collection.  Even though this winter was short, I am not short of winter photos!  This picture is from two years ago when we went to the big hill for the first time.  I went crazy taking and printing pictures from that one day.  You can even see the snow kicked up by her sled.  Oh what fun indeed...


There is a lot of debate between Cameo and Cricut on 2peas message board. I have always loved and used my Cricut Expression. I upgraded to Expression 2 this past September when my Expression broke. I never thought I would want another machine until I took a look at the Silhouette's online store where new designs are introduced daily! I think the images are better marketed than the Cricut cartridges. They are bright, large, and easy to see which make them very appealing. I added over 660 images to my wish list in no time. Even so, after the machine arrived, I have yet to buy a single one. With my Make the Cut software, I am actually searching high and low for free SVG cuts on the internet still!

Anyway, I used both machines for this layout, here the title is cut with the Winter Frolic cartridge, and the snowflakes came with the software for Silhouette Cameo.   So yes, I'm enjoying my new tools, both new and newer.  Now if only time can stand still while I'm crafting... 

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cute page, Jing Jing. I have the Winter Frolic cartridge as well. Your snow flakes are very cool. Weather has been wonderful hasn't it. It did cool off tonight. A little nippy out there. I love how everything is starting to green up and bloom!! :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

What a gorgeous page, Jing-Jing! If these photos were the guide, I"d love winter .. but I don't heehee. Weather is awesome here so I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I am so ready to spring for the SC but not sure I really need another cutter, do I?

Alice Wertz said...

this is such a beautiful layout. love the paper and details and that photo is priceless!

Karen B. said...

It suddenly turned cold again here in WI to my dismay...Your layout is fun, the colors are great!

Nathalie said...

Love the dainty details on your page but my absolute favorite thing is the smile of your daughter on the photo!!! Priceless!

Kim said...

I love your design on this one, straight and curved at the same time FAB FAB!

Audrey Pettit said...

What an absolutely gorgeous page, Jing Jing! I am in awe of your use of patterned paper here! All those pretty prints go straight to my heart!

Debbie said...

Loving this one!!! Such a fantastic picture of your little one with a great expression on her face. It's been back and forth here with the weather also. Last week near 80, this week 50 and frost warnings!

Christie Bryant said...

Love this page Jing-Jing!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh, that is such a fun layout Jing-Jing. Sure to see that one in a magazine this winter!

Patricia said...

very beautiful choice of colors and the snowflake is awesome...

Linda Beeson said...

We don't get snow but we did so one snow trip this winter and so I have some fun pics from that, just wish I had more! LOVE the layout!

Charlene said...

Love your LO Jing Jing!!! And I have the Cricut and the Silhoutte...I love the fact that you can buy an image that you will use for 99 cents virsus a cartridge that cost anywhere from 29-89 dollars and maybe use a few images from it...after the initial learning curve I love the silhoutte better...but still use the cricut :-)