Saturday, March 17, 2012

80 degrees in March!

I could scarcely believe it when we touched down in Twin Cities International airport that the temperature outside was the same as it was in Mazatlan, Mexico where we spent some time vacationing!  Today the temperature will set a new record high in the 80's!!  Is this a part of the global warming?

We had a wonderful time in Mexico.  I will always most fondly remember the incredibly hardworking and friendly people at our resort. They were the highlights of this trip for me. Now I am doing unpacking, laundry, and of course, after such a long time away from the gym, DH and I almost died on the floor of Cardio Kickboxing this morning. 
I do have a layout using the Front Porch Kits.  Over Christmas break, we invited First Born's BFF over for a playdate!  What a sweet and polite girl BFF is.  She had the most wonderful Chinese manner and I was blown away when she thanked me when I hung up her coat with "Auntie, thank you."  I was like, wowser, memory bank overflow!

I cut some mustaches for them just for fun and they looked hilarious in them.  A part of the fun was making chocolate covered cake balls which they ate with glee! 

It's time for me to get back to my laundry.  Have a wonderful weekend and I hope to be visiting your blogs soon! 

19 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Thank you for sharing your warm vacation photos and sunshine report! It's cold over here in Eastern Oregon.. well, 44 degrees, so I am envious!

Adorable layout!!!!

Aubree said...

Looks like a fabulous trip! I see you were reading..anything good?

Cute layout! Thought you didnt cook? Those cake balls look yummy!

Virginia L. said...

Glad that you all had a GREAT time in Mexico! The layout of the girls is always sweet! They have grown a bit since last layout! It's always so wonderful to have well-mannered kids over, isn't it? Here's wishing you more sunshine ahead!

alexandra s.m. said...

Welcome Home Jing-Jing!!


We have had an incredible weather in Chi-Town too...it's a little scary actually...I have never ever been "too warm" on St Patrick's Day!!

I love your sweet collage and that adorable green page of yours and merci pour le commentaire hilarant sur mon blog! You are way too nice with me ;-)

Karen B. said...

The weather is beautiful isn't it?! Great green-ish layout too, your girls are so sweet!

papertrails leaver said...

welcome back! 80 degrees in March is a bit extreme huh? I am worried what the summer holds. Great photos for the trip! Cute layout!

Alia said...

Seems like you had a great trip! I'll take the warm weather in march though I worry it is only a tease! Adorable layout with the mustaches!

Deana said...

Sounds like a great trip...great photos too! That page is adorable...as are the girls! We've had the same warm weather here! Not complaining though. I don't want snow. :-)

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, what a lovely vacation you had! SO happy for you! Love to see your photo collage. And your layout is gorgeous! Totally love those fun photos, and your design is great. The fussy cut diamond pattern really caught my eye. :)

Charlene said...

It looks like a spectular vacation!!!Its like spring here and we have only had maybe 4 days of rain yikes!! Weird weather!! Greta LO!! I love the picture with the moustaches :-)

liana suwandi said...

have fun in mexico, enjoy your magaritas... lovely pictures JJ :)

Liz said...

Such a fun page! Love the greens especially with the wood grain paper. Looking forward to future kits :) TFS.

Keri said...

Love the diamond cut-outs and the great trim...looks like a great trip!

Pearl said...

looks like a great holiday time in Mexico there , hun ! & congrats on the the returning DT with Front Porch Kits !!!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Haha love that layout JJ! Great photos from your trip too!

Kim said...

Ooooo how amazing do those diamonds look !!!!!! Sigh holiday photos .... It's been a whole for me thanks for sharing

Christie Bryant said...

Wow! It looks like you had an amazing trip!
I love the layout of your daughter and her BFF! So, so darling.

Alice Wertz said...

so glad to hear that you had fun and are home safely! thanks for sharing the collage. so jealous!! =) love the photos in the layout, too. BFF sounds like a fun play date. love to hear that kids still have good manners these days. =) super layout as always, Jing-Jing!

Jona Panesa said...

awesome vacation photos. Its summer here in Manila already and yet, there are times its cold and rainy!