Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snow Angel

If every winter in Minnesota is like the one we are having this year, I would actually consider liking living here. Funny and not surprisingly, many people complain about the lack of snow this year including my kids.  I suppose they don't remember last year when we got one foot of snow every other week!  All I know is that I must count the blessings of this mild winter and brace myself because it ain't exactly over yet :)
Meanwhile, when it did snow here and there, the kids took advantage and gotten their share of winter fun! Isn't this a wonderful snow angel she made?  I used the February Work in Progress kit for this layout.  I didn't think all the distressed cream colors in the October Afternoon papers would look good with snow photos but in the end, everything seemed to have worked itself out! 
For the title of the  layout, I used the Winter Frolic cartridge. Isn't it great to not have to think up something clever, just use something existing already :)
Well, it's almost time for the big game. Let it be a close one for some excitment please :) I am most looking forward to the half time show and the Melanie Amaro Pepsi commercial! Now onto supper making...

19 comments:

Patricia said...

what a beautiful color combo.. this pink and blue is so beautiful.. and the photo is awesome!

Denise Price said...

I know exactly what you mean about how NICE the weather has been. The air is very dry, but I can live with that. :)

Very fun, cute layout. Her snow angel looks great!

Aubree said...

We haven't even gotten enough snow for a snow angel...sad! Fantastic layout. I love the mini tag banner!

Michelle said...

This is a cute page. I think the white and blue paper in the kit makes your photo pop even more. I am with you, I like the mild winter. While I like the lack of snow, I know if we don't get much more by spring, it won't be good. Enjoy the game! The grocery store and Sam's Club sure were busy with those buying last minute goodies to make/eat.

Sherry Eckblad said...

I love the layout! As a fellow Minnesotan I am enjoying this winter and wish all of them could be more like this one and less like last year.

Beth Hallgren said...

We are having the same odd weather here too...makes me worry about the rest of the year. kwim? I love how you punched the striped paper and the loopy twine. I didn't pay much attention to the game, we had 7 (count em') seven teenage boys here for a Superbowl party!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun and fabulous snow layout, Jing Jing! I really love the paper and the colors you put together. Great title work, too. And you're so right......the cream works just perfectly.

Angi Barrs said...

This is such a fun design. I love the twine that you added to the page. :)

liana suwandi said...

fun show angel layout... I miss those snow...

Virginia L. said...

I love how you used the twines to "tie in" all the designs (literally)! Darling layout and photo! I am with you about having a milder winter...but it's too early to say good bye to winter just yet! Sending warm hugs!

Debbie said...

Great mix of papers! Love the banner and twine!!

Karen B. said...

Such a cute layout, colored snowpants are the best! (We just have black here)

Alice Wertz said...

love the photo! the big fancy scallop border and the twine+tag are super fun, too. fabulous layout as always, Jing-Jing! love it!

Nathalie said...

Very cute Jing Jing! I love how to twine pops out!

Deana said...

Love it! Adorable photo, too! We're having a very strange winter here, too. Makes me worry we'll have snow on Easter since we haven't been getting it now like we should! :-(

alexandra s.m. said...

Tu me fais rire et ta page est adorable! comme ta fille d'ailleurs ;-)

Larajc said...

cute layout!

Melinda Spinks said...

Such a fun and fabulous photo. Your layout is just beautiful Jing Jing, and the colours are divine. :)

Christie Bryant said...

So adorable! I love this layout!