Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Fancy Pants in the Color Room

It's Thursday and another release day at the Color Room.  This month, Maja Design is sponsoring the Color Room so the inspiration photos are based on its paper collection. 

I chose to do this layout using exclusively Fancy Pants products, and almost all of it from the new release: Wave Searcher.  I took Lydell's sketch as a starting point and have been looking forward to posting this project finally!  I adore the more earthy colors of the Wave Searcher collection, a nice break from the more traditional colors associated with sand, beach and water collections! 
Here are a couple of close-up photos of the layout. I love the printed chipboard pieces for easy embellishment, and I did some machine stitching, and even rounded the corners with my 40 years old sewing machine, not too shabby! :)



Speaking of Fancy Pants, here's a peak of a layout that is posted on the Miss Fancy Pants blog :) My right cheek looks really puffy but we'll wait to critique that problem when I post it here, lol. 
We are headed out to eat at Baja Sol tonight!  I am super excited!  I know it's pathetic, but we only eat out probably once a month!  I told DH that perhaps we eat out more often, I wouldn't gorge myself so when we do, lol.  Hopefully I won't be too stuffed, there is BodyPump tonight!

18 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo said...

gorgeous! I love the colours this time :)

Michelle said...

This is so pretty!!! I think I need a bit of that line for some water park pics. :) I love the peek of the other page too. Enjoy your dinner out!

Nathalie said...

A rally fun page Jing-Jing! I love the colors especially the big pops of red!

Aubree said...

Makes me want to go to the water park myself!! So bright and fun!!

Hope you had a good time at dinner! We may out to dinner even less than you...but we do take a lot, does that count?

Blossom inch said...

fabulous page as always

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute, cute layout, Jing Jing! Such bright and happy colors, and I love your take on that sketch. Your stitching is fabulous. Love the little starfish and how you used the arrows, too. :)
Enjoy your night out! Sounds wonderful!

Angi said...

Love the super fabulous colors on your page. :)

Charlene said...

WOW this is Gorgeous!! I can't sew for the life of me...I bought a cheap sewing machine to stich my cards and I have more problems then not lol!! LOVE the colors!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Voici une bien jolie page exactement de la couleur ambiante!!

Bravo Jing Jing!

Karen said...

Beautiful- and love the one on the FP blog too :)

Deana said...

Cute sketch & adorable page! What a fun Fancy Pants collection, too! I'd say you rocked it! I'm sure you rocked your Body Pump class too...even after gorging yourself! LOL

Christie Bryant said...

Love the layout! I will go check out Fancy Pants blog too! I hope your cheek is ok.

Patricia said...

very very beautiful page...

Denise Price said...

Such a fun, summery page!

Sandi Cl~ said...

What a fun and cheery page ..natch from you! Always love your clean lines .. everything just pops. Hope you have a fantastic week!

Alice Wertz said...

love how you off set the busy background with the blue and yellow. love all the layering, too. fabulous layout, Jing-Jing!

Janetcraft said...

Wow, colors are the right place !

Virginia L. said...

You make me want this paper line! I never have Fancy Pants paper--how deprived am I!? You rock this color challenge!