Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Color Room 95

Today, palette 96 from the Color Room will be revealed and here I am finally posting my layout for palette 95!  I have not kept this blog "hopping" so far this year because I am devoting several hours more a week to working out at the YMCA.  After so many years of on again and off again relationship with exercising, I have found my one true love: Group Exercise.  It is not a chore nor a dread.  I actually greatly look forward to spending time on the floor of the gym with fellow classmates and encouraging instructors!  I love it!

Onto my layout for palette 95, most of the patterned papers I used here is the Vintage Vogue collection by Collage Press Studio for Pink Paislee, except the bright reds come from October Afternoon.  I snatched up a package of Vintage Vogue around Christmas time when it went on sale. I just can't resist anything that Collage Press designs.

These are some decorative sunflowers DH planted a couple of summers ago.  They were very pretty and attracted lots of bees.  In fact, there is a bee on the flower on the top photo. As I type this... it's not like we plant the "regular" sunflowers for any purpose other than garden "decoration" either, but I guess we could have harvested the sunflower seeds, if only the birds didn't eat them first, lol.

Check out the staples/pins I used on this title.  They aren't really staples but that's the best way to describe them.  It is a new product by Purple Cows called Pin It. There are many decorative pins that can be used to literally attach embellishments to your project, or in my case, for decoration purposes.  It is a nifty tool that you can place anywhere on the project to set the pins.  Like I said, it's a clever little tool and cute pins!
It's Thursday and Body Pump night!  I can't wait to feel the "pain." :)  I will post some of my Work In Progress kits creations next time. I am really happy with my projects this month, so hopefully it won't be another six days before I update again!

17 comments:

Michelle said...

This is really pretty Jing Jing!! I love the little details of the pins and the font of your title, as well as the colors.. they just pop on the black background. Beautiful sunflowers as well!! Enjoy your class tonight!

Maryfrances said...

Hey Jing Jing! How are you? Just love your layout. The title is fantastic and these colors together are really beautiful!

Shirley said...

beautiful layout! (better you than me at the gym! LOL)

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful! The black background is fabulous! :)

Karen B. said...

Beautiful layout, and really beautiful flowers! I didn't know sunflowers came in anything but the rich golden yellow.

Beth Hallgren said...

I love your color combo and the lattice like border. We grow those sunflowers too and some really cute ones called "Teddy Bear". I've even found pollenless ones so I can cut them and bring them in :)

Deana said...

I can totally relate to your first love & think it's really cool where you are in your life right now. And btw...just noticed your new profile photo on your blog. You look amazing & happy. Your hair is longer, too, right? Love it!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, how gorgeous, Jing Jing! Love the design and love your use of those colors. So totally eye catching. the black background makes everything pop.
Good for you with the exercise thing. I joined a gym in November for the first time and have been enjoying the classes, too. Like them much better than the equipment. :)

Nathalie said...

This is a really pretty page Jing Jing! I love the contrast of the bright colors with the black background and title! Good for you for exercising more! :)

Charlene said...

Stunning and I mean stunning!!! I jet love those sunflowers too!!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh WOW Jing-Jing that layout is too beautiful for words! The black background is amazing and the design is perfect!

Pearl said...

I thought you've been pretty consistent with the exercise routine ? rather than on & off affair ! kudos to you sweetie for maintaining the fitness thang ! way to go , hun !

I havent been keeping up much with the scrappy times - altho I can see things happening ! bwhahahaha !

alexandra s.m. said...

It's so so pretty!
Thank you for the rays of sunshine in February Jing Jing!!

Alice Wertz said...

love how the black background makes the photos stand out. beautiful layout, Jing-Jing! happy work out and hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Karen Shady said...

Hi Jing Jing.... I love your work, and am now a new follower... have a wonderful weekend

Karen

Christie Bryant said...

Such a great layout! I truly love it!

I'm glad you're having fun at the gym. I think as life goes through the motions we find that taking care of ourselves should be high on our list of priorities. You're amazing!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the beautiful splashes of color. :)