Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lil Red Riding Hood

Five days into this new year and already I have let this blog gone a little stale! Work has kicked into full gear where I find myself in the midst of getting a challenging and rewarding project started. On the scrapbooking front, I actually have some unexpected CHA projects to do, more on that later! I will not be attending CHA in person this time, so hopefully my projects will represent. 
Here is a layout using Work in Progress January 2012 kit.  For such a simple and easy design, I slaved over this one for days and days!  I absolutely love these pictures of her, so of course that meant to me the layout needed to be superb to match. It's not superb but I still like it because I love the photos so much.  I don't know why I stress over "having to be perfect" sometimes.  After all, it isn't like I am running out of prints of these photos to scrap! 


The little swirly thing under the title is cut with my Cricut Expression 2. Over my staycation this past Christmas break, I made a point of using my Cricut on layouts and cards. I specifically made three projects for a Cricut birthday call and they have all been accepted for publication.  It has been a long time since I did any serious submitting, so it feels extra wonderful to be recognized!

All right, it's time to head to the YMCA!  Yep, it is definitely my new hobby: group exercises!  Presently, it has taken over scrapbooking as my #1 hobby :)

27 comments:

Nathalie said...

Oh, your page is adorable and your reasoning about favorite photos needing "perfect" pages resonates with me... and if I exercised as much as I scrapbook I would be in super duper shape!!! (Not gonna happen though!)

Kathy Martin said...

What a precious photo and lovely page!!!! :)

curlyqmosaics said...

Could little red riding hood be any cuter? I think not! Great Cricut swirl on there too, it pops off the page fabulously!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh le joli petit Chaeron Rouge ;-)
Ta page est magnifique!

TFS~

Blossom inch said...

Happy New Year! JJ

Precious pic and beautiful page!

Beth Hallgren said...

Your girls are so photogenic :) Love the bright white with the craft and red. Are you having any trouble finding Cricut mats in MN or do you order online?

Kim said...

lovely and simple design here Jing JIng really allows the photos to shine!

Rhonda Merry said...

Happy New Year JingJing. Your LO is precious. We'll miss you at CHA. Can't wait myself, I'm excited for new goodies.

Jona Panesa said...

isn't she so cute!!! loved your page!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful use of doily, colors and patterns! Love love this darling page! Your DD is totally adorable! ENJOY!

Keri said...

Congrats in advance on whatever CHA projects you're working on unexpectedly. :) And I love the color-blocking you've done with all the red-on-kraft MME papers here! Definitely adorable.

Denise Price said...

Great LO--I really like the color combo & the doilies. And, congrats on getting your projects published!

Michelle said...

This is really really cute!! I love the title and those pics are adorable!! I really need to use my cricut machine more. Have a great weekend and enjoy the warm weather! I am loving it.. weird to have no snow though. Are we going to pay for it later in the month??

Shirley said...

Super cute layout! Congrats on the publications!

Deana said...

CONGRATS on the THREE pubs! Can't wait to see them! And I'm right there with ya on the hobby situation, girlfriend! But considering how sedentary scrapbooking is...it's probably a GOOD thing! :-)

Jennifer Larson said...

This is adorable--love all the red! And the photos are awesome.

Alice Wertz said...

love those cute photos, too!! beautiful layout and colors! happy exercising, Jing-Jing! =)

sarah said...

love the pops of red... and i'm with deana on the sedentary comment, hehe.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Well, I think this is seriously cute! Great composition and of course, adorable photos!

Charlene said...

CHA?? FUN!!!! LOVE the pics they are always so cute!! Great page :-)

Cynthia Lloréns said...

First of all thanks for your lovely words in my blog!!!Was very sweet and you really makes me a very happy person!!
Second this page is gorgeus I love all those photos.
Have a wonderful 2012!!
Big huges and kisses
Cynthia

Angi said...

Awww what a sweet page. Love it. I've been thinking about joining the Y. Love their zumba classes.

Rita Barakat said...

Well this is darling and congrats on your publications! I keep meaning to submit...I was going to say more but that would mean I have been submitting ! LOL!

Pearl said...

Hahaha! Good on yer for developing a healthier #1 hobby! That's inspiring,Hun! My muffin top is just too much alas! Would love to do zumba,I think!

Yup, little Red Riding Hood is too cute here! Way to go with using the cricut more! My slice is not getting the workout it should! Sigh! And I'm thinking of the Bigshot!

Christie Bryant said...

What an adorable page! The photos of your daughter are SO CUTE! love them. Exercise of scrapbooking? Has the world gone mad? Just kidding! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, I think your page is stunning, Jing Jing! That kraft paper is SO up my alley. And those photos....yes, I can see why you love them. So adorable. Love the arrangement. Love how you used the doilies and your fun title work, too. Good for you for using your Cricut, and congrats on the pubs!

liana suwandi said...

happy new year JJ, congrats on your publ dear!