Friday, December 2, 2011

Work In Progress Layouts

It's Friday which means that I survived a full work week after having quite a few days off for Thanksgiving!  Now that the weekend is here, I hope I can squeeze in a few minutes of creativity in the packed weekend schedule. Meanwhile, I have a couple of layouts using the December Work in Progress kit to share today.  Both them are documenting our summer trip and our day in historical Philadelphia. 

I used the tags as frames in the first layout.  The kids were just goofing around on the pebble street and I took some pictures.  I finished it off with drops of mist.  It's a pretty simple layout.

We would have loved to visit the Franklin Museum but it was under renovation so we just hung out at the Franklin Court. I really like the picture I took of First Born sitting there, definitely one of my favorites from the trip.
I layered a few stickers from the Echo Park and the etsy tags included in the kit. I guess these stickers reminded me of invention which is a huge part of Benjamin Franklin's life. 

I should say that I quite enjoyed all the chevron stripes included in this kit and I tried to leverage them wherever I can in these layouts.  Chevron stripes seem to be all the rage right now in scrapbooking.  I bet my friend Deana would tell me that they are all the rage in the fashion world as well, she would know, that and twine! ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!  Stay warm!  Count your blessings if you are warm already, lol!

18 comments:

Kim said...

lovin the tags with the photos...what a cool idea!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

YEAH for the mist! Yeah for the tags!
C'est tout beua et ç ame donne envie de sentir le soleil une dernière fois sur la peau avant la période d'hibernation!

TFS~

Denise Price said...

I love the way that you used Christmas colors on non-Christmas layouts.

I agree, chevrons are fun. They really draw the eye in, so they're useful (from a design point of view) as well as beautiful.

Beth Hallgren said...

Great idea to use the tags as photo mats!

Courtney K said...

love all those tags!

Karen B. said...

You've got the splattering down pat! What a great layout.

Patricia said...

fabulous idea : like the photos ont the big tags..
idée géniale!

Jennifer Larson said...

The photos on the tags--terrific!

Linda Beeson said...

How cute is that car on the first layout! Great accent.

Pearl said...

Wow ! Love the layouts! Love the color combos!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome pages, Jing Jing! So love how you've used all the tags here. Totally love the chevron, too. And the vintage look to these is right up my alley! :)

Angi Barrs said...

Your pages are so fun & creative. I love those tags. :)

Alice Wertz said...

love how you used those tags! beautiful photos and i love the details as always. fabulous work, Jing-Jing!

Debbie said...

Love the placement of your photos on the tags!!! A wonderful layout and great job with the misting.

teacher jessy said...

I seriously diggin the simple-clean design!! it's so captivating :)

Christie Bryant said...

Love both your layouts, what fun memories.
I can always count on you to know what is "hip" in the scrapbooking world. You keep me on the straight and narrow...or...err..chevron stripes.
:)

Blossom inch said...

lovely page and what a cool way of using Christmas colors for non Xmas theme. Absolutely stunning JJ.

Deana said...

Umm yes I will admit to having a few chevron-patterned things in my closet. I also have a bit of twine as well. LOL!!!

Awesome pages! Loving the photos on the tags...so CUTE!