Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh Christmas Cards... Part One

I have been making holiday cards, in fact, since last month, ever since Alexandra asked me to make a sketch and cards for Scrap Rendez Vous.  I will share those in another post soon.

First check out my card creations using the Sweet Peach Crop Shop's December Juicy kit. First is a square card with the silver Hambly reindeer rubon as the focal point of the card. I added a few brads to accent its antlers.
Next, I have a card that focuses on the colors red, kraft, and white. I hand stitched the border around the patterned paper to frame it. I used my trusted My Favorite Things die set for this. 
You can see the 3-d depth here in this close-up.
Lastly, I used the image of this elk in a sheet in Prima's North Country collection as the focal point of this card. A few scallops from the My Mind's Eye paper, ribbons, and a brad all add up to enhance the main image. This one is my personal favorite.
Here is a close-up of this card.
I have thoroughly enjoyed making these, especially using some non-traditional Christmas colors :)  Thank you for stopping by.  I have more cards to share with you yet next time!

22 comments:

Christie Bryant said...

OOOOOOooooh love these cards! So unique!

teacher jessy said...

Gosh I really love the reindeers!! It's so so adorable. Love ur cards, totally festive :)

Denise Price said...

Great cards! You must really be into deer this year. I especially like the first card--the brads on the deer's antlers remind me of ornaments on a tree branch. Thanks for the inspo!

Blossom inch said...

ooo...my what a lovely cards!

Michelle said...

I love these. I like how you took something non traditional Christmas and made it all Christmasy.

Deana said...

Hallmark, eat your heart out. Those are stunning!

Karen B. said...

These are all beauties, really calls to the forefront the wonderful non traditional colors.

Lydia said...

So beautiful Jing-Jing that last one is my fave such a wonderful Christmas combination

Kim said...

OH my these are just STUNNING the hambly just rocks and I sooooo love the addition of the brads!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, what cool cards, Jing Jing! What totally strikes me about these is the non-traditional color palettes you used. Talk about eye-catching! These are beautiful!

Larajc said...

pretty cards! I love the Merry one!

liana suwandi said...

lovely reindeers, love all your cards JJ.

Angi said...

Stunning design. Love the reindeer and beautiful paper. :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh Deer!! (sorry, I couldn't resist!) I love them all!!
Elles sont vraiment très très belles et je te remercie pour le clin d'oeil et le lien ;-)

Nathalie said...

Trés originales ces cartes Jing-Jing!!! J'aime leur coté un peu éclectique!

jaz said...

Reindeer makes me happy especially in December! Love this!

Jaz

Alice Wertz said...

absolutely fabulous holiday cards, Jing-Jing! love the unconventional colors you used for the last one. love them all!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Simply LOVE them All, JJ :) ! The hand stitch finishes the card off so well !

Janetcraft said...

wow, love all the cards, full of joy!!

Courtney K said...

oh how i love these deerly!!

Charlene said...

Very cool cards!!! Creative and very unique!

Patricia said...

simplle and so beautiful.. a master work!