Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Cards Part Two

I have another batch of Christmas cards to share with you using the December Work in Progress kit!

There were a couple of dark draft tags in the kit and I immediately decided that they should be used for holiday cards!  One of the little Ormalu flapper is "each and every day" which is just way too perfect as a sentiment for any card! I paired it with the tiny letters from Echo Park and created this card. A fair amount of 3-d foam adhesive is used, and you can see the depth on the close-up photo.
Next up is a failure apparently. I asked DH if he could tell for which occasion is this card. He stared at it for 10 minutes and told me that he had no idea! Really? I was a little appalled! Maybe I should have moved the number stickers closer together, but I thought the gingerbread man would have been a good clue that it's a Christmas card? Ugh, like I said, apparently, this one is a failure!
I put a couple of 3-d foam adhesive behind the little number flags to make them stay "flapped."
Then I have this relatively obvious holiday card using three tiny tags. I wonder if the non-traditional colors are what threw DH off in the previous one?
Lastly I will sneak in one more card that isn't a holiday card, but kinda cute anyway.

I have thoroughly enjoyed making these cards.  I hope this weekend will bring me some needed inspiration and creative energy.  My parents are leaving in just a few days to spend their winter in Shanghai and I will have significantly less free time soon!  Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 

25 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful and bold!
Love them all my Friend!!

TFS~

Aubree said...

Love that bingo card!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Hi sweet first of all thanks for the lovely comments on my blog!!!
You did a amazing and wonderful work!!Just another great cards..you do always a wonderful job.
I wish a wonderful weekend.
Big kisses and huges from Brazil
Cynthia

Michelle said...

Oh Jing Jing, it is not a failure!! He is a man!! They just don't get those things!! LOL Very cute cards!!! Stay warm, my friend!! It is a nippy one out today!! Kids are antsy, but I don't know if I am brave enough to wander the MOA with all the Christmas shoppers. (my shopping is done).

Nathalie said...

Tes cartes sont trés réussies et je serais contente de recevoir n'importe laquelle! J'aime beaucoup ton utilisation du negatif des punchs!

Beth Hallgren said...

Men! Great use for tags, I've been experimenting with them myself lately. Thanks for the great ideas!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Great cards Jing-Jing!

jamie said...

love your tags on your cards.
do you not adore the chevron paper?
yes. thank you very much.
and while you are at it...mind making me a few batches of christmas cards...so behind!!!
~j

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hi, Jing-Jing .. well, I think the cards are great and self-explanatory!What do guys know anyway about such thing? LOL If you have any extra (cards, that is, not men) send them my way!

Courtney K said...

awesome cards - the bingo one is my fave. but i also love how you punched out the shapes on the first cards.

Melinda Spinks said...

LOL!!! Typical men! It's most certainly not a failure and is clearly a Christmas card. :)
Love what you've done with each and every card.

teacher jessy said...

These are such fun Christmas cards and I totally diggin the clean-simple style here!!

Christie Bryant said...

They're all great! And for the record the "25" card is NOT a failure!
xoxo

Deana said...

I think the cards are AWESOME & of course the 25 means Christmas!! Love the nontraditional colors, too!

And... LOL about the free time comment. Hope they have safe travels though!

Pearl said...

Loving all your Christmas card inspo , hun ! I am sooo behind making more CHristmas cards ! sigh !

liana suwandi said...

You know how much i LOVE your cards JJ, you rock girly :)

Kim said...

men just dont get it LOL!!!!!YOU certainly know how to throw a card or two together....

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable!! Love these! I'm still snickering over your husband.......but just know it's not a failure. I knew what it was right away!

Angi said...

Your cards are all sooo fabulous. I really love the one with the Bingo card on it. :)

Charlene said...

Very cool cards Jing Jing!!!

Michelle said...

My hubby says I am supposed to come and give you my condolences on the Vikes game yesterday. He was listening to it at work. ;) Thanks for the comment on my blog!! :) I would like to say I was trying to be all professional and get that pro look, but I think it was inability to straighten it when putting it up.

Janetcraft said...

Thanks Jing! for noticing my mission in action for the moment...I was on vacation with family...I wish you could come down to Malaysia for holiday...

Alice Wertz said...

really like how you used those tags and the non traditional colors are really cool. wonderful work, Jing-Jing!

Patricia said...

beautiful cards...

Virginia L. said...

Love your scrappy style of card-making!! I would love to be your TWIN--lucky to be the younger version of you! Gorgeous cards, Jing-Jing!