Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Cards, Part Last

Back in October, Alexandra asked me to create a sketch and a Christmas card based on the sketch for Scrap Rendez-Vous.  I'm totally going to admit it, I felt that I needed to overachieve, lol.  At a minimum, I was going to do two cards with vastly different styles.  So that was exactly what I did.  First is the card sketch.

The first card uses Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium collection that Aimee had sent me. The 8x8 paper pad is just way too awesome for making mini-albums and cards! It's wonderful that manufacturers make their collections into these smaller formats.  The cool vintage looking buttons came in a kit from Scrapbook Attack from probably two years ago now! 
Next I tried out my new Cricut Winter Frolic cartridge. I admit it, I like cutesy things, very very very much! I don't think I will ever tire of that trend, even when it is no longer a trend!! I would like some suggestions on what kind of papers to use for faces, you know, natural skin tone colors.  This is something I struggle to find every time I want to make cut a person!  I used an SRM Stickers sentiment for this card as well.
Lastly, unrelated to Scrap Rendez Vous, I have a Santa card using Santa's workshop collection from Doodlebug.  And have you seen the newest collection by Doodlebug: Sweet Cakes? Oh my, Valentine can't get here fast enough!  But before we go there, ho ho ho, I wish a very merry Christmas to you and yours!! 

19 comments:

Karen B. said...

Great sketch and designs! Love that one with the girl on it, she's so happy!

Courtney K said...

all 3 are absolutely perfect!

Alice Wertz said...

you are soooo talented, girl! i love your sketch and cards. fabulous work as always!

Michelle said...

Oh Jing Jing... these are wonderful!! I love them all, but my favorite is the vintage one!!! I hope you are having a great week! From my family to yours... Merry Christmas!!! :)

Deana said...

The cards are all so different & all so beautiful! Just one question. Was your husband able to recognize that they were all Christmas cards? LOL!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love love your cards Jing Jing!
Merci ;-))

Christie Bryant said...

I love both cards! They're both so different but lovely in their own way. You're such a talented lady!
I hope that you have a VERY merry Christmas!
xoxo

Kim said...

These are just delightful Jing Jing, but I must say that first one i s just exquisite!

Audrey Pettit said...

What totally cute cards, Jing Jing. Or I should say elegant, with the Graphic 45 one! Love the vintage style there. Those buttons are fabulous. And I adore the cutesy looks, too. No clue what paper to suggest for skin tone, but I think you did a great job. I just finally broke down and purchased my first Copic marker......a skin tone one. Going to try to muster up the courage to give it a try. ;)

Angi said...

Super fun cards. I love the little girl's pony tails. So cute. Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas.

anieb said...

Xmas Cards So cute. Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas.

Beth Hallgren said...

In love with the 1st card but they are all so cute! Great sketch, someday when I have time to scrap again I'll try it out ;)

naop said...

Hi JJ. Those cards are just so cute and yummy! I am in love with them!

Patricia said...

to cute this cards.. like it!

Pearl said...

cute cute cute, my overachieving friend ! lol bbbb

Denise Price said...

Super-cute cards! Merry Christmas!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Stopping by to wish you a very Merry Christmas Jing Jing! Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday!

Debbi Tehrani said...

OMGoodness, how adorable and awesome are these! Each one so special and creative!

Janetcraft said...

Hey, Jing Jing...these cards simply lovely...and cute!
Merry Xmas and a happy new year....!!