Friday, November 18, 2011

Painted Face

A week later, all the furniture we bought at IKEA have been assembled, including two storage units for my scrapbook room.  As DH so wisely quipped on my purge effort a few months ago, my attempt at subtracting from infinity, while successful, is not visible.  So now I must resort to hiding some of that infinity.  I have a lot of work to do to get all the stuff on my tables and floors arranged and put away. 

This layout was up this week on the Doodlebug's blog so I can share it here now.  I used the Doodlebug's Colorwheel collection, a very bright and cheerful collection with flowers that look like the ones painted on my kids' face at Flint Hill Children's Arts Festival.  That was an event we went to in June when summer was getting into full swing. The most "memorable" thing about it was the horrendous rash I experienced due to apparently sun allergy! These pictures and layout are nice and everything but I can't help but cringe every time I think back to this day and the weeks that followed! 
I tell ya, I do love stickers and Doodlebug's cardstock and glittered stickers really make me happy.  Here is a cluster of flowers and my title in close-up:
The weekend is here!!  Hip hip hurray!  Have a great one everyone! Thank you for visiting!

16 comments:

Karen B. said...

Good luck at hiding the infinity, if you've got a secret, perhaps you can share. Cute and bright layout!

Beth Hallgren said...

Sun allergy!? Oh No! I live to feel the sun on my skin (here in not so sunny MI). Neat trick with the brads and twine :)

Deana said...

That is darling & I love how you used the twine as a border. So cute!

Michelle said...

This page is so cute!! It is a perfect match.. your photos and Doodlebug. Wow! Too bad about the sun allergy!! I too would like to know the secret to hiding your stash! I need to revamp the closet and reorganize my expedit in my scrap room. Hubby just looks at me funny. Isn't IKEA great though! LOVE that place!

Nathalie said...

What an amazing match!!! Are you sure you didn't photoshop those flowers on the photos?!! Just kidding! Your page is so colorful and fun it is perfect for the subject :) and I really like how you did the title.

liana suwandi said...

lovely and such a bright happy layout JJ, have a great weekend to you too!

Virginia L. said...

I do not like clutter...so good for you for purging! I am so ready for another purge! I love the colors and use of twines in this layout!Congrats on making the COVER of Create!! You so ROCK!!

Linda Beeson said...

What a great little combination!

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, there must be some way to hide all that stuff! ;) This layout is so sweet! I love the girls' faces and I love the variation in the size of the letters.

Kim said...

totally totallylove all the bright happy colours you have in this one, and that twine border is a knock out!

Christie Bryant said...

Ooooo love the twine around the brads! Clever! The face paint is so cute!
Exciting to have some new storage. Love that you said, "Hide infinity"...so true!
xoxo

Keshet said...

This is so cute, JJ!

alexandra s.m. said...

Superbe cette page, ta grande fille est si sérieuse sur la photo! Tout est en parfait raccord! Bravo!!

et tu me fais rire, merci!!

Pearl said...

Just darling this layout is with the DB goodness , hun !!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oooo, sorry to hear about the rash. I have been there and that is NOT fun. Love your layout, so bright and fun!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love your comment about subtracting from infinity! I'm feeling a bit that way about my scraproom right now, too. How to organize and store all the stuff in there is a bit overwhelming right now. :)
Your layout is just adorable! Love the photo block in the center and how you framed it with the baker's twine. Those flower stickers are so perfect with the photos, you are SO right. LOVE all the polka dots. Really sweet and fun! (Except the skin reaction, of course)