Monday, November 7, 2011

Got Stuff? Confessions...

The October WIP's add-on kits came with two 5x5 Kraft boxes.  I liked the school theme so I altered it into this and gave it to Second Child to store her crayons.  She was very enamored with this box and for a few days all was well as she used it for her crayons.  One evening, First Born decided to "give" her sister all her crayons in a container (French's French Fried Onion sans lid).  Instead of transferring the crayons in the hideous Fried Onion thing into my glorious box, Second Child proceeded to take crayons out of the box to fit into the Fried Onion thing!  In my award-winning Mother of the Year moment, I dumped out all her crayons from her box and told her that I'm taking back the box and now it's her older sister's. 
You can all imagine how well that went over!  So the only solution left was to alter another box to maintain world peace and redeem myself!  I did just that with WIP's November main kit.  This time, I even bothered to label the box!  And of course, now that there are two boxes, no one really wants either of them any more!  It figures!
I also created this card using the WIP November kit. I dedicate this to my wonderful blog readers and friends!  Thank you for reading this silly post (a.k.a. confession of an unfair mother) and for visiting so faithfully!  Have a wonderful week!

20 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Oh, yay! Me first! I adore both of your boxes and can think of oodles of things to go in them! LOL As I'm sure you can too! Great use of the kit and as for that card, love it! I need about 20!

Deana said...

LOL... hopefully you feel better after that confession. Too funny. The boxes ROCK, but really... what's wrong with storing things in a stinky, greasy french fried onion box??? ;-)

Denise Price said...

Hee hee, this story made me giggle, Jing-Jing. :) Well, I like your altered boxes, even if your daughters are already over them. In particular, I'm digging the "stuff" label--can't go wrong with that!

Nathalie said...

Je comprends bien qu'à partir du moment où il y en a pour tout le monde, c'est bien moins intéressant!!! ;)
Tu peux toujours utiliser tes belles boites comme cadeaux pour Noel (avec quelques surprises dedans?)

Charlene said...

So funny! Awesome altered boxes and I love the card too :-)

Beth Hallgren said...

We are at the mercy of mere children! I've had many "Mother of the Year" moments :) Just did a layout about one! The "Thank You" card is beautiful.

Karen B. said...

So will we be seeing a French Fried Onion canister remake soon? I do something nice for my boys and they seem to dig the old stuff out of the Goodwill pile. Lovely altered boxes.

alexandra s.m. said...

You crack me up! Ces boites sont magnfiques!!
Moi aussi je me batterais pour elles!
et la carte est très belle aussi...

TFS~

liana suwandi said...

you're so funny JJ! you really nail it down on using the kit!

Blossom inch said...

oh wow...beautiful bozes and card.

Patricia said...

Beautiful boxes for gift... Noël approche...

Lydia said...

Great little boxes Jing jing, that has inspired me to spuce up my budget kleenex boxes for the holidays!! Such a funny little tale to go with them too!!! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, you are cracking me up! I can picture this scene so clearly! :) LOVE your altered boxes. They are fabulous! So love how you used the tag on the school theme one, and love the label on the second. Such a cute card, too. Love that vintage image.

teacher jessy said...

You just know how to work those boxes!! They are lovely!! I love them all.

p/s: feeling much better :)

Linda Beeson said...

Cute story and great solution. LOVE your boxes!

Christie Bryant said...

Love the "I'm only human" posts. LOVE your boxes, both of them. If your girls don't want them I have dibs! :-)

Michelle said...

Isn't that Murphy's law about the box?? LOL You aren't the only one to do something like that. ;) I may or may not have done that a time or two. I think your boxes are beautiful, as well as the card!!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

LOL. What a funny story! Your boxes are awesome! I would've wanted to keep them for myself, LOL!

Pearl said...

great altered boxes , girlie ! love how they turned out !

cashemere said...

Oh, I love the boxes and the card.
Kisses from Brazil