Sunday, October 16, 2011

Now, an Apple Picking Mini Album

This is the third consecutive post with an apple picking related project. 'Tis the season I suppose :)  I created this mini-album for Jillibean Soup as their October guest designer.  The mini-album (box and chipboard pieces) is by Maya Road.  I finally put it to good use after having it in my stash for probably three years now :)  I am always reminded how much I enjoy making these mini albums when I make them, but I dare say that I have only made a couple this entire year! 
The size of the interior pages of this mini are almost the perfect size for the Bite Size Bits of the Jillibean Soup papers. Basically, I add the photo on one side of the chipboard piece, add the cut down Bite Size Bits to the other side and journal.
One more photo of the cute little box from the right hand side.  The chipboard apple is also a Maya Road one, perfect size for my project!
I spent the weekend making cards for our annual United Way auction.  In fact, I haven't made a layout in nearly two weeks and I feel completely out of practice and a little terrified!  It's just like exercising, if not done in two weeks, the first time will result in much anxiety and hurt!  I must get myself into this mode again, here's to hoping that I will have something to show later this week!  

25 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great little mini, Jing-Jing. This looks like one that I could actually do LOL! Keep the apple project coming .. they are awesome!

Michelle said...

What a fun mini!! I have never made one before. This really looks to be up my alley! I hear you on the not scrapping for a few weeks and being out of practice. That is me lately. Glad I am not the only one. ;)

Kim said...

I saw this on the Jillibean soup blog, WOWZERS it looks amazing, I am so not a mini album gal but you make me want to try one!!

Pearl said...

such an adorable little mini ,JJ!
awesome GDT creations for JBS for sure!!!

Nathalie said...

Superbe! Il est adorable!

Karen B. said...

So I just finished making applesauce, apple muffins, apple banana bread and apple crisp and none of them looked as beautiful as this album does!

Blossom inch said...

this are gorgeous...love the mini..with small small cards...and journal

Denise Price said...

Nice! I like how the sky blue bits pop against the red, chartreuse, and orange.

alexandra s.m. said...

This is so much fun Jing Jing!
Love that sweet album of yours ;-)

merci

Lydia said...

I loved this when I saw it on their blog, who would think apples and gnomes would make such a wonderful collection? Fantastic project and I love the use of those journalling cards!!

Virginia L. said...

How precious!! I can't get enough of you apple -related projects! This mini album is DELICIOUS!! Now all you need is the Apple Pie now...I can provide that :) My DD took this apple pie that I made http://www.flickr.com/photos/-slu-/5869875878/in/photostream (feel free to browse through her photostream). She just went to China for the first time this summer!

Alice Wertz said...

so cute! love seeing all the photos in the album and love how you dressed up the box. fabulous mini, Jing-Jing! love it!

Deana said...

Ohhhh... so that's my problem. I haven't exercised my LO brain in awhile. I have 3 pages in progress that have been sitting there for WAY too long because I can't figure out what to do with them. SO... I'm going on vacation tomorrow instead! LOL

The mini is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE and congrats on being guest designer at Jillibean Soup! You've had one awesome year of great gigs, girl! Go Jing-Jing! :-)

Rhonda's Ramblings said...

so so cute. i want to make a mini.

Patricia said...

so adorable...

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute, cute mini album, Jing Jing! Love the box and how perfect are those bite size bits for the journaling side? Makes creating a mini a breeze....and SO cute, too. This is just adorable!!

Christie Bryant said...

LOVE this mini! SOOOOOOO cute! I love how you used the cards for journaling! You're so creative!!!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Fun project - looks like something I'd like to try!

Melanie said...

This is adorable--I love that the photo is on one side and the journaling on the other. Clever!

Two weeks off . . . you'll be fine. It's just like riding a bicycle ;-)

Courtney K said...

you totally Rocked this mini-album!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super fabulous mini. I love the box that it's in and the fun paper. :)

Charlene said...

This is so fun!!! I love every little detail fun,fun,fun!!!

Agata said...

Love your apple series! ;) And this album is great to crown it all! Beautiful details everywhere! And I don't believe this fright of the big, 30x30 page! You don't forget it, it's like riding a bike. Especially when you're a professional! :)

Debbie said...

Love your mini!!! Love the cover and all of the great pictures inside!! Makes me want to give it a try!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Love your apple projects or strawberry ones too for that matter!! Adorable mini album, looking at yours I almost fancy I could have a go at one myself. Never tried before. You've worked the Jillibean papers to a tee! xxxx