Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Home Orchard

When DH bought and planted two apple trees in our backyard, I thought "No way, we can't grow apples!" But that's what I think no matter what he plants, and so far, other than the dead banana tree (kidding), everything has grown and produced just fine. It will always remain a mystery and miracle to me, how if you plant a seed or sapling, stuff will just grow from the soil and produce fruits or vegetables!  I will never cease to be amazed!

This year, we had a big harvest of apples from our two trees.  Now in their third year, they were prolific!  We made a point of picking them one Saturday morning, and I did not really plan ahead as she was clearly wearing things don't coordinate with the apples, lol! 

I used the Work in Progress October kit for this layout.  These photos were "collaged" in Picassa and printed as 5x7 prints.  I didn't even have to cut them apart for this grid design layout!  It's super easy and simple to do!
Okay, so this punched out squirrel came in the kit, and it is entirely too appropriate here as many of our apples were "picked" by squirrels.  Quarter-eaten apples strew the lawn sometimes.  Eventually, we just left a few apples under the tree to save them the hassle of having to "pick more," but that did not always help :)
I also made a card with some leftovers from the kit, just a quick note :)
Ah yes, I think that's two posts in a row on apple picking!  I don't think we are quite done with that theme yet!  There will be more to come!  As I have said before, my life evolves around fruits during non-winter time :)

23 comments:

Shirley said...

Love the layout and the card! You should plant more fruit trees in your yard! :)

Michelle said...

This is so darn cute!! I love Picasa for making photo collages.

Charlene said...

Your dd always has the most precious innocent look on her face :-)Always love your LO'S and this is soooooo darn cute!!!!

Karen B. said...

A great tip about Picasa, thank you! And too funny on how you might consider coordinating the kids' outfits! Great layout and card, of course.

Deana said...

Adorable! And who cares of the clothes match he apples or not! It's a sweet memory and an awesome page! And I love that you're trying to outsmart the squirrels, but it's not working. LOL

Deana said...

Sorry for all the typos. iPhone. LOL

Kathy Martin said...

Great page! I bet those apples are awesome! Cute card too! :)

Alice Wertz said...

ahhh.... picking apples from your own yard. so nice! love the little squirrel embellishment. super layout and card, Jing-Jing! love them both!

Blossom inch said...

love the page and pics JJ...how nice to have an apple trees...yummy!

Kim said...

OOOOOOOOO I so love this one that squirrel is just to cute and I LOVE that card, its a new fav of yours!

Audrey Pettit said...

LOL, you are your fruits, Jing Jing!! But how lucky you guys are to have so much fresh produce to pick. I can't grow a darn thing out here in NC. :(]
Love your page design! That photo collage is fabulous. Love how you used one journaling block in the grid. Gorgeous papers, too.
And what a fabulous card! Love just that small bit of die cut paper on there. :)
Thank you, by the way, about your note on my blog about my big win!! Woo Hoo!

Patricia said...

Quelles jolies photos... adorable page.
bises
Patricia

Debbi Tehrani said...

Fantastic page and card, Jing-Jing. Your daughter is just so adorable. Love how you used that die-cut paper!

Sandi Cl~ said...

What a fab design, Jing-Jing! I love your apple picking pages. I have never in my life really picked apples except off my parents crab apple tree, does that count? LOL Lot os pears though! Cute card, too!

Sue said...

How lovely to have an apple tree in your own backyard. Love the layout and photos and that card, Jing-Jing!

Nathalie said...

Elle est super jolie ta page! Et en plus je suis jalouse! Je veux des pommiers!!!

Lydell said...

Oh how lovely to have your own harvested apples!!! Great page and I love the card!

liana suwandi said...

love seeing all your fruit trees, loved it loved it, brilliant!

Christie Bryant said...

Such a happy layout! I love that you printed your photos as 5x7, totally cool idea. Love your card too, you talented lady!

Keri said...

I say, keep those apple&garden posts coming! Though, it always makes me wanna come live at your house, heh. :) Love the collaged 5x7's, love that alphabet, and love the how the hints of PP Nantucket work so well here on an orchard layout!

alexandra s.m. said...

Tu me fais rire!!
Cette page est très réussie et j'aime aussi bcp ta carte ;-)

Bon week-end jing Jing

Virginia L. said...

Darling layout and card!! Your DD is so CUTE! Again, I am envious of your apple trees as I am an apple pie makers! Just spend good $10 buying apples today! ENJOY your harvest!

Eila Sandberg said...

Oooh love the squirrel! and the story about them little rascals nicking your apples. Cute is what both the girls and your layout it! super cute! xxxx