Thursday, October 27, 2011

Doodlebug - Monster Mania

All week long this week, we are showcasing the Monster Mania collection on Doodlebug's blog. Today, two of my Halloween theme projects were posted on the blog and here they are.

I can't tell you how good it feels to have made these trick-or-treat bags for the kids.  For the last three years, they have gone out trick-or-treating with Macy's shopping bags, un-altered.  If you think I'm joking, do you see the red star of Macy's on the right in certain people's hands? :)  The kids did not mind of course but some of my scrappy friends have ridiculed me for not putting forth any effort!  Even our dear neighbors made a comment about these red star bags and mocked me for them, lol.

I didn't even plan on altering these two bags until I finished my Sweet Witch layout below on Sunday.  As I was waiting for guests to arrive, I thought to myself... since everything was out already, I wonder if I have a couple of shopping bags that I could use to alter...  (The Macy's bags are still full of candies from last year)  And voila, I threw these together in a matter of 30 minutes.  I don't have a picture of the back, but they are decorated as well.  Of course, the kids immediately went on to fight over who gets which bag! Ugh, it did remind me why I let them use boring and un-altered Macy's bags!  LOL.
This year, she's going to be a witch as we have finally said goodbye to the Dragon costume!  We got good use out of that Dragon costume and now it's been given to Uncle Steve :)  Well, let's just say, come Halloween, she'll be holding one of these two fashionably altered shopping bags and layers more clothes to keep her warm!  And I believe the prospect of getting candy will entice her to smile and pose for me again, even if it is a little cold outside :)
Here are some close-ups of this layout.  Isn't this collection absolutely adorable?!  Don't forget to check out Doodlebug's blog for non-Halloween projects using Monster Mania as well!  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Haunting!



25 comments:

Nathalie said...

Bravo pour les sacs qui sont vraiment mieux comme ça! Et ta petite sorcière est adorable! Cette collection était parfaite pour tes projets!

Michelle said...

Those are some cute treat bags. As for the Macy's bags, whatever works right? :) Cute cute page!! Doodlebug has the cutest Halloween goodies.

Alice Wertz said...

your girl is sooooo cute in her witch costume! super fun layout and i adore the altered bags, too! that is a super cute collection. fabulous projects, Jing-Jing! hope you have a fab time trick or treating! =)

Kathy Martin said...

Love it! Great goulish goodness! :)

Beth Hallgren said...

That is one sweet little dragon with her tulle skirt! Lovin' the snow queen outfit too :)Where are you finding such adorable costumes?
I love Doodlebug products but my kids are no longer "kids" but teenagers :(

Karen B. said...

Why is it that little ones like to wear the same thing over and over when you know they would look adorable in so many other things? Cute layout, of course, and some super sweet bags!

Blossom inch said...

cute treat bags and beautiful and pretty layout of your DD...totally stunning!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Too cute! Love them!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Ok, so first off your little witch is the cutesy thing and I adore that layout. Secondly, I love the altered bag idea. My kids are using pillow cases (I do have to admit they go with their costumes) but yous are so much cuter! :)

jamie said...

you are the most awewsome mom, ever!
love.it.
and that sweet witch is to die for.
absolutely.
~jamie

Deana said...

You really crack me up! Love the altered bags this year. It's about time you put your creative hands to work! LOL. What is that quote about the cobbler's children having no shoes....I can totally relate!

The new page is adorable. You are such a perfect fit for Doodlebug!

Eila Sandberg said...

My gosh JJ! the bags are really wonderful, good of you to finally graciously cave in! My oh my how cute can a witch get, she is soooo adorable and cute! Superduper job as always! xxx

Kim said...

wowzers, how cool is that layout, I must say those photos are just soooo adorable!!!!Perfect little bags as well!!!!

Scrapowe Sosasowisko said...

So lovely! These are amazing!

Jennifer Larson said...

Those are just so cute! Talented you, my kids just go out with the orange plastic pumpkins.

alexandra s.m. said...

Quel beau post pour Halloween!
Ces sacs sont magnifiques, tes filles trop mignonnes et la page parfaite. On peut dire que tu sais mettr eune collection en valeur grace à ton scrap!

Bravo & Happy halloween!

jazsutra said...

Oh Cute cute cute! love their costumes!!! and what lovely altered paper bags!!

Have a nice week ahead JJ ;)
jaz

Denise Price said...

Super-cute projects: both the LO and the altered bags! Have a Happy Halloween tomorrow! Looks like it should be blizzard-free this year. :)

I loved your story about your first winter in MN. I had sort of the opposite experience that year. My family was hosting a high school exchange student from Siberia, and she was completely disgruntled that the Halloween party we'd been planning to attend got rescheduled because of the blizzard. We tried to explain to her that it would be impossible to drive to the party when the roads were filled with snow. She said, "In Siberia we have such snow often, and we still go out." I guess it's all a matter of perspective. :)

Virginia L. said...

YAY for the treat bags! The girls can now go trick or treating in GRAND style!! Love the darling photos and layout! Thanks for the eye candy of the day :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Love your bags, Jing-Jing! 30 minutes, huh? Maybe I should alter something right quick for dgd! Always love your meaningful post and crisp. clean pages! Thanks for coming by my blog today and leaving me some love!

naop said...

JJ, your daughter is soo cute!! I love the richness in the colour on this LO. It surely is very beautiful.

Naomi

Pearl said...

awwww aint she just the most gorgeous little witch now ! lol

super Halloween bags with the DB !

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh! How stinkin' cute! LOVE that layout and LOVE those treat bags. What a huge improvement over the Macy's bags. ;) I don't know which one I would fight more for, as both are SO darn cute! LOVE that layout, too. And what adorable photos.

Christie Bryant said...

These bags are so cute Jing-Jing! What lucky girls, my kids still use the cloth Trader Joe's bags. You have inspired me to do better next year.

LOVE, love, love the Witch layout. Your daughter looks ADORABLE!!!

joy said...

What a darling sweet witch! Love your layout and those wonderful colors. She brought a smile to my face!