Friday, October 21, 2011

Cards - Jillibean Soup & Doodlebug

I really have not been scrapbooking. It's been three weeks now!  Instead, I've been making cards nonstop for a while.  Next week begins our annual United Way auction, and after nearly 10 years of planning to be organized each year, I am actually organized this year!  I had prepared close to 50 cards and envelopes, photographed them, uploaded them to the company auction site, and they are ready for the grand opening next Monday! 
Meanwhile, here are a couple of cards I made for Jillibean Soup.  It was my first time using a pad of 6x6 papers and are they ever wonderful for cardmaking. As a scrapbooker primarily, I don't buy patterned papers in such sizes, so it was a delightful experience to try these mini-stacks and I can totally see how these product address a need in the cardmaking segment of the market!! I am a fan!!
This banner was created with My Favorite Things' Die-namics banner dies. Of course I used a trusted SRM sticker sentiment as well.

Now onto my first two official cards designed for Doodlebug, you can see more inspiration here and get the supply list for my cards. These Create-A-Card from Doodlebug are cute enough to mail as they are!  Gosh, the colors are just so colorful and cheerful!  This banner here is even easier to create!  Both banners are glittered cardstock stickers from Doodlebug. Peel and stick!  I did add a little 3-d foam dots behind the tip of the triangles to help them pop out a little bit.  Adorable stuff!
I went with a non-Halloween theme because I have plans to use the adorable Monster Mania collection on a layout this weekend.  I finally am going to scrapbook again!  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

24 comments:

Michelle said...

Great cards, Jing Jing! I love the twine flower on the Jillibean one. The Doodlebug ones are so cute. I popped into Archivers yesterday and picked up a couple of Doodlebug cards!

Alice Wertz said...

so fun and delightful! LOVE your cards, Jing-Jing! hope the auction goes well!

Karen B. said...

Kudos to you for being organized, and thank you for supporting the United Way. Each year for the past nine years I've designed our local brochure, and am quite involved in the campaign at my work.

Janine K said...

Gorgous cards JJ and I can totally understand creating cards for a bit instead of LO's! Love the bright colours of Doodlebug!

Lydia said...

What a great collection of cards I love the mix of pattern papers

Beth Hallgren said...

You always mix patterns, colors, and shapes so well!

Deana said...

Yay for being organized this year. Your cards are FANTABULOUS! Hope it goes well! :-)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Missing your layouts...but loving your cards. Seriously awesome work Jing Jing. Hope you are well and I hope it all goes well. Take care, Nadia.

Lisa Dorsey said...

These cards are all so adorable Jing-Jing!! So cute and fun!

Kathy Martin said...

Hi Jing Jing! Your first three cards aren't there! Dang...I'm wanting to see some of your crafty inspiration!!! :) LOVE the two Doodlebug cards! I'm really diggin' the Creat-a-Card line! I just posted one on my blog today! :)

liana suwandi said...

so georgous cards JJ, love all the mix and match colors :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Comme elles sont belles et joyeuses tes cartes Jing Jing!
Bravo

Audrey Pettit said...

Love, love the cards, Jing Jing! So bright and happy and adorable! SO love the fun banners you used. And aren't those 6x6 papers da bomb? They are my most favorite things evah!
I am so impressed with all the cards you have made, photographed and uploaded for the United Way auction. That is absolutely amazing! Way to go!!

Kim said...

card a way as these are totally gorgeous...what ever you do is always totally GORGEOUS!

Pearl said...

darling cards all !!! ;)

Wow ! 50 cards for an auction ! that's just fantastic, hun ! All the very best with the auction now !

Melanie said...

Oh, I SO love your cards! Jillibean Soup and Doodlebug both make me drool :)

I haven't tried the 6x6 pads either. But it is a great idea for card making.

BTW--great job being organized for the auction! I admire you for that because it is really hard to do.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great cards, Jing-Jing. And for a good cause! They are just awesome .. love the twine flower!

Christie Bryant said...

I love all of them! Your cards should be in magazines! Oh wait, you're getting published all the time, you genius you!
xoxoxoxoxox

Blossom inch said...

Beautiful cards JJ love the twine and I hope the auction goes well!

Kehkshan said...

Like your cards :)...the color selection is awsome and the all the designs are lovely :)...
Plastic Cards
Scratch Card
Custom Gift Cards
plastic business cards

Patricia said...

like this funny colors... this cards re gorgeous! Elles sont très jolies avec ces coy)uleurs toniques... j'aime !

Larajc said...

cute cards! I missed you at OA sale last week. I went on Thursday afternoon!

Virginia L. said...

I noticed your masterpiece over SRM FB page! And I checked "LIKE", of course! I adore the texture and colors! Beautiful--all of them!

Eila Sandberg said...

Crikey JJ they are all just fabulous! vibrant and happy! 50 cards! cudos to you! I read in one of your later posts that you have many bids on them already, WTG!! xoxox