Sunday, October 30, 2011

And Though She Be Little, She Is...

Fierce!

Just look at her face while "fencing" against her older sister, lol.  This is the product of watching Barbie and the Three Musketeers!  Don't mess with the dress, let me tell ya!  Of course I win Mother of the Year award for taking pictures instead of trying to stop the violence. LOL.

This is my first layout using the November Sweet Peach Crop Shop's sweet kit. There are some rich and deep colors in this kit. I love the pink and plum especially!  It's not a color combo I would normally pick but I like it!
Photobucket
I painted the wooden letters by Pink Paislee with some Shimmerz Pearlz Blue by You.  I chose these colors because it matched very closely to another contrasting color included in the kit. You can see from the picture on the right.  That's my little tip: do not do more work than you have to. Leverage the colors chosen by the kit maker :)  Here is a close-up of the letters on my layout, such an adorable font.

I think we are mostly ready for the big event tomorrow night.  Alas, we must wear coats to cover up the adorable costumes, but I do hope the kids would pose with their Doodlebug bags so I can take some pictures :)  Happy Halloween!

20 comments:

Michelle said...

This is really cute!!! I love the color combo. Love playing around with wrapping paper rolls! :) It is going to be a chilly one tomorrow night, isn't it! :) Have a great time!!! Hope you get some fun pics!

liana suwandi said...

aww what a cute cute layout JJ! have a BOO-tiful halloween!

Debbie said...

Cute layout!!! Love how you framed it with the twine!!! Hope they have fun tomorrow!!!

Kim said...

teehee love the photos!!!!! and I am lovin the blockish design on this one!

Blossom inch said...

beautiful pics of your two DD...they are having a fun time and great page JJ.

Linda Beeson said...

How great is the pink on that layout! CUTe!

Nathalie said...

Adorable! J'aime beaucoup le sujet ;) et les photos!
Happy Halloween!

Janetcraft said...

oh MAma Jing, she is so fierce..but with a sweet chubby mouth!! She is cute..your layout NEVER bored to see!!

Lisa Dorsey said...

LOL Jing-Jing, love that title! Great layout and love those colors.

Pearl said...

Happy Halloween,Hun!!

Such Adorable pics these are!

Deana said...

I'm guessing she gets her fierceness from her mommy! So cute & so funny! Love it!

Hope it's a fun Halloween! :-)

Alice Wertz said...

really cool that you captured these, Jing-Jing! precious photos and love what you did with the wooden letters. lovely layout! hope you have a safe and super fun Halloween! =)

Karen B. said...

Well this sure gave me a chuckle, for a minute there I thought you might have had two little boys! Love the shade of pink and I think your layout is fantastic.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful page, Jing Jing! I love your color combo. I have a hard time with the pink and lavender, but I love how you've used it. Looks fabulous with the woodgrain and touches of aqua. The whole look is SO eye catching. And by the way, I love that you were taking photos instead of stopping the carnage. :)

Charlene said...

Hi There! This is really super cute!!! Love the lettering and the pictures!! Brings me back to those days when my brother would chase me down with those rolls lol!!!

Christie Bryant said...

Cute! Go girls! It almost looks like light saber action. ;)

alexandra s.m. said...

Elle est trop belle!
et ces couleurs sont vraiment superbes!

Bravo

Lizzyc said...

HI! just poppin in for a look.. i love your layouts.. and i had to smile when i read your words about taking a photo before stopping the violence...hey you are a scrapbooker.. we take photos first!! it could make for a great layout.. and these photos have.. your layouts are like a story.. they are so descriptive and beautifully decorated.. these are lovely!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Ooh yes love the colour combo and the heart above the letter "I". Super super cute page JJ and gotta giggle at the pics! We might come in small packages, but boy beware when we ignite! ;))) xoxoxox

jhonblack said...

How fun! Am I the first one linked? :") I included the template and assembly steps on my blog:)Construction logos