Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy U.S. Labor Day Weekend!

Color me excited with a three-day weekend!  Our YMCA is partially closed for its annual cleaning, so we went to a different YMCA at dinner time to take the Cardio Kick class with our usual instructor.  It's basically an hour of non-stop jumping around and I usually just want to fall over and die around 20 minutes.  LOL.  But nothing beats getting an intense workout in before the weekend!

WIP kits' projects have been posted so let me share a layout and an album cover here.

This layout is based on a sketch by the talented Lydell Quin for the Color Room #72. I adored the palette and the sketch but I just couldn't fit it in so I used the amazing sketch on this layout.  This year was the first that Second Child could actually slide down this water toy.  She loved it!  And I love her goggled look :)
The WIP kit came with an 6x6 mini-album.  I altered the covers and gave it to my mother. I didn't expect her to like it but she immediately raided my stash of photos and make herself a brag album.  "Now I can show off the photos anywhere I go," she said! LOL.
I seriously considered not doing the 3-d foam adhesives knowing that I'm giving it to my mother.  She prefers everything to be flat.  Her embellishment choice is always flat stickers :) I guess in the end, I just had to add some dimension! :) 
The kids are finishing watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatball, and I'm ready to lie on the couch and vegetate, lol.  Weekend is here!!  So excited!! I hope you have a great one!! 

16 comments:

Karen B. said...

Fantastic and fun projects. Your goggled girl is just too cute!

Deana said...

The book is amazing and that's hilarious that your mom only wants flat embellishments. You can use plenty of SRM stickers for her then! :-)

Love that page, too. Love that she wears swim goggles to do the slip n slide! So cute!

liana suwandi said...

Hello gf... EVerything that you do is amazing!!! With flat or 3D emb ;) happy labor's day weekend.

Aubree said...

Did you use your fancy dropper on this one? :)

Love that mini...glad your mom enjoyed S well!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Fabulous projects presented with your usual mirth! Glad that your mom liked her gift. Isn't it great when people surprise you? Have a great weekend .. I'm heading out on a little vacay!

Alice Wertz said...

so cute! love the delightful layout and that big ampersand is so cool! beautiful album cover, too. so nice to hear that your mom loved it right away. that is so sweet! hope you have a fabulous long weekend! =)

Denise Price said...

That LO makes me want to go play in the water RIGHT NOW--it looks so fun! I especially love the mini letters on the ampersand and the eclectic assortment of buttons--very fun details!

An update on the pencil situation...we had open house at my kiddo's school this week, and the teacher was very surprised to hear that the school had put "48 sharpened yellow pencils" on the school supply list. He told all of us parents that we didn't really have to buy that many pencils. So, I bought 48 pencils for nothing! Oh well, at least I will probably never have to buy pencils again.

Kim said...

simple and so stylish Jing JIng!

Tanya Tahir said...

LOVE your layout here! WOW! What a fun sketch! And I also adore your TCR layout below - the apples! So cute!

teacher jessy said...

I adore that huge amperstand on ur layout!! You always make the best layout with awesome colors! That is one cute album and I can see why ur mum wanna brag about it :)

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Love how you did the slip & slide!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Slip & slide is soooo much fun. Love this. Happy Labor Day!

Charlene said...

I love how you created the title in your LO...Pictures are cute and the whole page is amazing! The card? really really love it! Its got the WOW factor lol!!!!!

Christie Bryant said...

Fantastic layout! I love that you placed the "slide" on the &! Totally cool! And your mini cover, FABULOUS!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a fun slip and slide layout! LOVE how you did the title, and LOVE that photo arrangement. Her little goggled face just makes me smile.
And what a fun mini! Such a great combo of papers and colors. How fun that your mother just snatched it up, dimensional embellishment and everything!

Virginia L. said...

How FUN is the layout! It's brimming with happiness! I love the mini album also.The added dimension sure is lovely...doesn't matter if the receiver likes it or not, you just "have to" (I know that feeling-LOL)!