Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Crop with Sweet Peach - Self Portrait

The Sweet Peach Crop Shop is hosting a two-weeks long crop on the blog and there will be a drawing at the end of this week for a three-months subscription to the kit club!

Today is my turn to post a challenge and a project, so here it is: include something on your project that is handwritten/drawn/painted. 

The crop is titled "Back to School" so naturally I thought of scrapping my school-aged child.  She drew this only a couple of weeks ago. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to use the Sweet Peach kit to scrap it.  I've seen ideas similar to this in a CK magazine where the scrapper took photographs of her children's artwork and scrapped them.  In this case, the drawing is small enough so I included the original artwork on the page.  Then I interviewed the artist and turned that material into journaling for the layout. By all means, I am a proud Mama and very happy to have this medium to showcase her artwork.
These Nantucket papers from Pink Paislee are serenely beautiful.  These hexogonal chipboard pieces have a glossy finish and are perfect for accents!
So maybe you have a drawing by your child or by yourself that you want to scrap as well?  If not, just include something handwritten/drawn/painted on your project.  To be eligible for the grand prize, please be sure to link your project based on this challenge and all other challenges in the comments on the Sweet Peach Crop Shop blog.  I really hope to see some participation :)

23 comments:

teacher jessy said...

Totally fun!! I heart that hexagons in the layout. DD definitely drew an awesome self-potrait :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Gorgeous LO and I love her self-portrait! Great way to show it off.

Beth Hallgren said...

I wish I could remember all the stories from when my kiddos were little :( Alas, I wasn't a scrapper then and my memory stinks! I like how you used all the different patterns yet they all mingle well together.

alexandra s.m. said...

superbe page! je craque complètement pour ce beau dessin! Trop mignon!!
Chaque détail d eta page est absolument parfait et me donne des idées alors MERCI!

et puis le baseball c'est quand meme plus charmant que ces brutes à casques!! lolo ;o)

Agata said...

How I can believe that you're one proud Mama! And your daughter will also be when she can truly appreciate your art! Gorgeous layout!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is gorgeous, Jing Jing, and so fun, too! I LOVE that you were able to include some of your DD's actual artwork on here. I did one layout once that had a series of my DD's drawings on it that were small enough to include, and that page is very special to me because of it. Love your design, too. Great use of all those patterns. Love the little hexagons. :)

Virginia L. said...

Love the layout with the self-portrait! SUPER precious! My DD used to draw her own portrait similar to you DD's! The PP paper is so gorgeous and dreamy!

Nathalie said...

J'adore cette idée!!! What a wonderful keepsake for your daughter!!! <3

Karen B. said...

Your daughter is as talented as your are. What a great way to document a memory. So beautiful too!

Alice Wertz said...

her self portrait is so cute! another artist in the house! super sweet layout, Jing-Jing!

Sue said...

Oh look at how much your dd has grown! That's such a great self-portrait. And a fantastic layout. :)

Deana said...

Zig zags/chevron patterns are SO in style right now. She's an artist AND a fashionista!

Adorable page! Love that photo of her AND her beautiful art work! :-)

Tracy :) said...

You are one busy gal! Love the LO and congrats on the Doodlebug Team!

liana suwandi said...

This is a fun challenge, just love that lil hexagons :)

Kim said...

totally sweet and those circle accents really create something differernt for the layout!

Courtney K said...

super cute layout and love that self portrait your daughter drew!

alexandra s.m. said...

Désolée Jing-Jing, j'ai l'impression que tu n'as pas reçu mes mails? j'aurais voulu savoir si tu aimerais réaliser une carte de Noel pour notre blog Scrap RDV?

merci
(alexsirmac@aol.com@aol.com)

Pamela said...

Love this! LOVE how you included her drawing!!! :)

Pearl said...

Awesome topic ! Perfect for a proud ,scrappy momma to feature ! lol

Tracy said...

Awww what a sweet layout. Love that you added her hand drawn self portrait.
Good idea on the journaling :)

Charlene said...

This is gorgeous!!! And sooooo cute!! I love the color combination and the self portrait is great!!!!

Wendy Kwok said...

Wow... that drawing is uber cute!!! Love it. And thanks for your prediction about the CP feature -- my mini album. LOL. ....

Christie Bryant said...

Such an adorable layout! Love it!