Monday, September 12, 2011

Cricut Cards

Today I came home to a big box of stuff from Northridge Media. Two layouts and two cards were returned along with my copies of the magazines.  It was unexpected and meant that I have new materials from six months ago to share finally, yipee! :)  I have two cards published in this wonderful magazine.  As a Cricut owner and user, I can't tell you how much I love these Cricut cards magazines from Northridge media. Talk about a whole lot of inspiration at once!  Perhaps more than anything else, if I have the cartridge, it is really quite easy to replicate a card. 

In defense of old scrap that you may be still holding onto... The papers I used for the balloon and the bird's body are from Basic Grey's Phresh and Phunky collection, courtesy of 2005 I believe :) The dots paper is Melissa Frances 2004 if not earlier! Yeah baby, who said hoarding scraps don't pay off eventually? lol.  I initially made this card for a Valentine's Day assignment for SRM Stickers but I actually held it back because of the old supplies I had used!  I am glad that the editors liked it.


This card I made for Midnight Rooster and I had previously posted this before.  Again, I used an SRM Sticker for sentiment. Even though I am no longer on that design team, I continue to use these versatile stickers from SRM.  What can I say, the products shine! :)   I also used a very delicate scallop edge trimmer from Purple Cows for the dark brown background, cute stuff!

Lastly, I want to mention that I will be at Scrapfest again this year at the Graphic 45 booth. If you are there, please stop by and say hi!!!  It starts this Friday!  I am so happy to say that my back is 98% recovered so I should be good to go standing for hours on end :)

Have a great evening, now I must go do some scrapping!

24 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

So happy to hear your back is feeling better! Love the chickie card :)

Nathalie said...

Congrats on more publications!!!! I always feel that submitting stuff with old supplies is not even worth it but you proved me wrong!!! Great work comme d'habitude! :D

Blossom inch said...

Congrats on the pub and you must be happy getting the box and what a beautiful cards you have created using Cricut. Thanks for sharing JJ!

Virginia L. said...

WAY TO GO, Girl! You must share these happy news with Susan! I bet that she will be thrilled and perhaps send you some NEW SRM goodies to thank you!!!! CONGRATS! I am a Cricut owner, but never still never open my box yet. You have inspired me....thank you!

Patricia said...

Elles sont adorables... Bonne rentrée Jing Jing...
bises

Janetcraft said...

Congrats Jing Jing..so happy for you..Yes more and more publications..from your talented makeover..oh I just wish I have a big box from Northridge as well..

Kim said...

woot congrats...is it any wonder these are fab!

Karen B. said...

These cards are amazing, I can see how they swooped them up for publishing. Have frun this weekend!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such adorable cards, Jing Jing! Super huge congrats on the pubs. You so make old papers shine. :)
And I'm so glad that you back is almost fully recovered. I know what a relief that is for you.

Shirley said...

Congratulations! Love the cards!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! fabulous cards, Jing-Jing!! love love that super cute bird! sigh... i should really start using my Cricut again! thanks for the inspiration and congrats on the pubs!! very happy to hear that your back is feeling much better. i wish i could be at scrapfest to meet you!! have fun!

Deana said...

Congrats on all the pubs & the big box of goodies! The cards are darling & I love hearing that you used old stash to make them! And if I lived closer, I'd for sure stop by & see you at the G45 booth. One of these days our paths will cross again... I just know it! :-)

Paula said...

Love these cards. Northridge has done a beautiful job with this publication. Way to go!

liana suwandi said...

congrats congrats on pubs...you really inspired me to use my cricut :)

jamie said...

congrats on yet another publication! you just simply rock the circuit, don't you !!! so well deserved.
and i laugh at your use of old stash...i always wonder about that!!!!!

congrats, jing jing...
and have fun this weekend.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Big Congrats on your pubs. I looovvvee that little birdie with the balloon. :)

ellen s. said...

i just got mine this morning!!!

hey....you going to Scrapfest? email me...esosnosk@gmail.com. I will give you my cell.

Want to hook up for drinks or whatever? The team we have going is AWESOME!!!!!!!! you will love them..we have way too much fun.

Christie Bryant said...

Congrats on your publication! Such cute cards!
So glad to hear that you're back is feeling better!
Have fun at the G45 booth!!!!

xoxo

Pearl said...

awesome these are !!!!!!!!!!!!! diecuts are just great for creating memorable & unique projects !!!!!!!!!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

great cards Jing-Jing!!
Merci du partage ;-))

Janetcraft said...

HI Jing Jing, oh I just wish I can fly to US to see more fests / CHA and just 'grab' what ever I love..and of course to meet many talented crafters ppl like you..
locally, we can hardly buy the scrapbooking items bcos firstly too expensive that invloved pricely shipping fee and not many choices like in US.
so most of the times, I have to create something similar to the 'buy' then..you see..
btw your comment with 'so supportive', pls not to mention it..I am always a fan of yours..my lady!
Have fun..oh not again another week is going to another one..we dont know that we are getting older till we see our children is growing..then only we know!

Kathy Martin said...

CUTE cards! Guess what girl? We get to design together for Doodlebug! Yipee! I'm thrilled to get to work along side you!!!! You rock! :)

Elizabeth said...

Way to go on making Doodlebug design team!! It's great to be working with you again!!!
e.

Kelly Braund said...

Congrats! I'll be working at Scrapfest as well with Basic Grey, mabey we'll bump into each other! :)