Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Walk Down Memory Lane

This month I am doing guest designing work for A Walk Down Memory Lane.  It is an LSS serving the Northwest Iowa, southwest Minnesota, and southeast South Dakota area, but of course everything you can find in the physical store is also available online.

I met Lisa, the owner of AWDML on a shuttle on our way to the LAX airport after CHA winter this year.  We were on the same flight back to the Twin Cities so we shared a meal together.  We talked about the show and the new products coming out and also worried about the weather that could have prevented us from flying home.  I am delighted to have this opportunity to showcase some products in her store!  Oh goodness, does she have a full store!

The featured manufacturers this month are Little Yellow Bicycle and Unity Stamp, which means their products in the store are 25% off!  I totally missed LYB's Travel's collection when it came out so I was very excited to get my hands on these glorious papers! I think they are the perfect mood for my photos of alpine strawberries, a new addition to DH's gardening repertoire this year.
Photobucket

Here is my attempt at coloring a stamped image.  I stamped it once to try out different colors and once I decided on the colors I colored in my strawberries.  It turned out mostly okay :)
Photobucket
Here is a close-up shot of the Unity strawberries stamped and colored and a little Maya Road watering can misted with Mr. Huey Apple Jack by Studio Calico.  
Photobucket
Here is a list of supplies I used to create my layout that you can find in the store:

LYB Round About
LYB Navy Wide Stripe
LYB Green hexagon
LYB Small Compass Rose
Maya Road Kraft Envelopes
Maya Road Chipboard Set Green Thumb
Copic Markers

One last thing, these berries are indeed extremely fragrant. There really not much to eat but they are very tasty!  Have a great weekend!!

23 comments:

elisa said...

I love this Lo!!! I love the strawberries!!!

Nathalie said...

Je n'y crois pas que tu as des fraises des bois dans ton jardin!!!! J'aime beaucoup ta page trés c&s et ton usage de l'envelope kraft!
Of et félicitations pour ton GDT!!! :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hi, Jing-Jing! Wow, I would never have chosen those papers for a strawberry page but they are perfect together! So fun that you are chronicling your hubby's gardening!

Mandie said...

what a cute layout, jj!

Karen B. said...

Another great layout, complete with fantastic stamping too!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love the LYB paper. Adorable page. :)

Deana said...

So cool how you met! Love the page...just gorgeous! And your Copic skills are awesome! :-)

Kathy Martin said...

Oh YUM! Love your page! We just had some sweet, juicy strawberries for dinner! :)

Blossom inch said...

beautiful! love the strawberry, fabulous page!

Pearl said...

love the how the copic strawberries turned out ! ;) Great layout as always !

Alice Wertz said...

fab coloring with Copic, Jing-Jing! love the layout, too. fab design! hope you have a beautiful Sunday! =)

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS coloring! The strawberries make the page POP!! Congrats on the LSS guest designing!! Have FUN!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, gorgeous layout, Jing Jing! Fabulous layering and stamping here. I have that paper line, but have never used it......and now you really have me thinking. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Courtney K said...

those colored strawberries are too cute!

Michelle said...

Hi Jing Jing! I didn't realize they were pretty local!! I am from the Twin Cities, but now am just over the border in WI. I will have to check them out! Your page is wonderful. I need to use my stamps more for embellishing. Lord knows, I have enough of them! Fun idea to chronicle the garden. We have a garden this year. I have taken photos along the way.. some. Not a ton.

jazsutra said...

Hi JJ, I love strawberries and I love your page!!!! So berry cute!! Your photography skill and love shines in your photos ....*wink* love them!

xoxo
jaz

Keri said...

Yum, my kids always get to our meager berry patch first this year, so I've yet to have one, lol.
Love the trio of "sweetness" sentiments on this layout, great design element! :)

Charlene said...

OM goodness isnt this page adorable! And the Strawberries...LOVE!!

Kim said...

OOOOO how cool are those strawberries.......love your design here too Jing Jing!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a gorgeous page, Jing-Jing! These papers are just awesome with your photos! You are so creative!

teacher jessy said...

You are awesome with the coloring!! I see more strawberries lol! What a pretty layout :)

Christie Bryant said...

I love this layout Jing-Jing! Fabulous! I actually thought those strawberries were stickers when I saw your first photo! How fun that you colored them and then cut them out! Clever, clever!

xoxo

Emily Leiphart said...

As soon as you mentioned strawberries and I saw them on your page, my mouth started watering! Your art does that to me. Great Copic colouring, too. I expect to see more. LOL