Sunday, August 28, 2011

Swing Low

The weekend is over and it was a busy one. I took the kids to the Minnesota State Fair on Saturday.  The crowd there could have easily put Nanjing Road in downtown Shanghai to shame.  We ate some really expensive and bad-for-you food.  The kids enjoyed a couple of rides.  We headed home after four and half hours because I developed a raging headache!  I know I should be ashamed of myself!  What is a couple of hundred thousand people to a Chinese?  I should be used to millions at a time, right? lol.

The new kits at the Sweet Peach Crop Shops are up and I have yet to post my last creation with last month's kit! This is a take on a sketch by Keri for Sweet Peach using the August Juicy kit.  This was actually the first layout I did using the kits and I adore the tags from Elle's Studio and those cut-out birds from Studio Calico's paper.  
You can see the sketch and what the rest of the Sweet Peach Crop Shop design team members have done with the sketch right here.

Well, this wraps up a short post and here's to hoping that many z's find me soon :)  Good night!

20 comments:

Kim said...

This is just delightful jing Jing,the colours those gorgeous ohotos and your simple layering SUPERB!

alexandra s.m. said...

Lovely L.O and sweet journaling!
It really captures the moment...
J'adore ces oiseaux et j'ai aimé lire ton post.

Bonne nuit ;-)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Sweet page! Love the way you did your photos. Also .. loved your TCR submission this week .. such a fab color scheme this time .. I always love the sunroom!

Nathalie said...

Elle est adorable cette page! Jaime beaucoup les couleurs et les petits oiseaux (mais je n'aime pas les fêtes foraines!) :P

Beth Hallgren said...

Those birds are fab! Your little girla always look so cute :) Hope your headache is better!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ughh, the fair. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with that place. Love the idea and the excitement, and can't stand the crowds. They're always so bad that the day ends up being rather stressful. I can remember when my kiddos were young, how afraid I was of losing them in the masses.
I LOVE your page! Such a brilliant title, and I love your mix of papers. Love, love those birds, too. :)

Karen B. said...

I could have written the journaling myself in one of my own books- It is a fine day indeed when kids learn to pump on swings themselves! Great layout, the collection of birds is divine!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

This page is just soooo pretty. Love the beautiful birds. :)

Shirley said...

Beautiful layout! Had to laugh at the crowd comment as one with relatives in HK. LOL!

Keshet said...

This is so cute! Love the Elle's tag!!

theelfqueen said...

This is adorable - the background paper has a perfect feel somehow, and the birds are great!

Charlene said...

Gorgeous!!!! Gorgeous kit and I spy.... Crate paper!. I drove all the way to Chico this weekend to get the new lines :-) Now I need to find the time to play :-)I hope your headache is gone today!!!

Courtney K said...

i'm impressed - you're little one knows how to swing with a dress on!

Alice Wertz said...

so cute! love the groups of doves(?) that led my eye around the page. fab layout, Jing-Jing!

teacher jessy said...

Love the photo stitching! That is so cool ;) As always my friend, I love your style.

Deana said...

Obviously it's been awhile since you were living among millions of Chinese... so the headache is totally understandable. LOL You are too funny.

The page is gorgeous. Love the series of photos, too!

irene moira said...

sweet layout! super neat birds cutting :)

Mandie said...

lovely! cute pics!

Pearl said...

oooooooo! Sweet pics ! Sweet with the CP !!!

p/s : i caved in & bot the CP random ! Gasp !!! lol

Christie Bryant said...

What a sweet layout! Love the birds and the photos are so precious! Nothing like swinging, especially when you have someone to push you.