Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Rant, a Layout, and an Undertaking...

Only the second year of "back to school" shopping, and I'm already fed up with it.  My local Target, store 0001 (yep, where it all began), is a popular one and sells out of everything!  I am not sure why a Second Grader needs 48 pencils and why they must be purchased up front all at once, especially considering they are not going into a community pile...  Who knew pencils would be such a hot commodity to sell out at a Target?!  L O L !

Back to the regularly scheduled programming...  Here is another layout I did as a guest designer for A Walk Down Memory Lane.  It is an LSS serving the Northwest Iowa, southwest Minnesota, and southeast South Dakota area, but of course everything you can find in the physical store is also available online.

It's so rare to get a photo of the two of us together, and it's extra awesome that we were all dressed up for the wedding.  We had to look decent as the parents of the Flower Girls! lol.  Anyway, I experimented a little with the background of this layout.  I used a Crafter's Workshop template: numbers collage and misted a cardstock with Studio Calico Mr. Huey. The result looked more interesting than a plain cardstock background, so I will give this a try again another time!  For that matter, I think I will be using the same photographs in the future as well.  Reuse is good right? :)
Photobucket
This past weekend I began a major project to clean and organize my scrapbook room.  A friend of mine came over to help me by taking all the stuff I have decided to shed home with her.  I told DH that I would like to reduce my stash.  He said, "It's like subtracting from infinity..."  So far he is right... 

25 comments:

KanataNewf said...

"subtracting from infinity" - I like that.

Nathalie said...

Elle est superbe ta page Jing-Jing!!! J'adore les superpositions de papiers et de tags et les photos sont trés classes :)

Beth Hallgren said...

What a great pic of you& hubby :) Went school shopping too this last weekend and rear ended someone in the horrid traffic! Grrr! Just what I needed. Did find some adorable clothes for DD :) Looks like you had a good time at the wedding, any flower girl meltdowns or was it smooth sailing?

Charlene said...

What an awesome LO and Love the pictures and backround Jing Jing :-)

Courtney K said...

great photos & layout. good luck with your scrapbook room. when we moved i was so happy because my new craft room is double the size of my old one. turns out i have double the supplies i thought i had!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh how lovely! Great seeing a pic of you and your sweety! :)

Karen B. said...

Your husband is too funny! Great layout, you guys look so happy and I love that misting!

Deana said...

LOL... subtracting from infinity... always the mathmetician! I'm sure your friend scored big... good for both of you!

As for the page... the photo is stunning & your creativity knows no end! Always love your work!

Jennifer Larson said...

So funny about the removing from infinity! Love the background--welcome to the misting side! Those templates are fun.

BTW, you don't need to get all the supplies all at once. That's how I'm going about it this year.

Audrey Pettit said...

Still chuckling over the "subtracting from infinity" comment. ;) And you totally cracked me up with your comment on my blog today, calling 2Peas the veggie kingdom. I'm so thankful I wasn't drinking something at the time I read that!
Love this page to pieces! Such a great photo of you and the hubs. LOVE the misted background, too.

Blossom inch said...

JJ, yes reuse is good. Shed some stash? are you sure? well mine are piling up and it takes me forever to get rid those. Love the misting/masking on that ppp, gorgeous pics of you both - yes look presentable ha for the flower girls...awesome page indeed JJ. Have a lovely day and week ahead and thanks for sharing.

Cheers
yuzz

jamie said...

yes. reuse is good.
and your DH is extremely witty.
love the layout. exceedingly fun!
~j

Alice Wertz said...

you look so cute together!! love that photo of you two and he seems to know you well, too! =) you are so brave to do cleaning and organizing. i am so afraid to do that... LOL! =)

Larajc said...

awesome pic of you and your hubby! I like the subtracting from infinity remark...very creative! LOL

Denise Price said...

We had to buy 48 pencils too! And the school specified that they had to have plain yellow barrels, so I couldn't reuse last year's pencils, which are a random assortment of freebie pencils from fairs, birthday parties, etc. 48 pencils seems a little over the top to me. When I was a kid, I think I just had two or three pencils, and that was plenty.

Shirley said...

Love the layout!

Janetcraft said...

lovely pair of you and your husband..The layout is done perfectly well..love ur way of compostions of the details...

Keri said...

Just finished up school-shopping myself, and I hear you on that! :)
Love the misted/masked background, and those pictures of the two of you are wonderful...great layout! Let me know if you figure out the secret of subtracting from infinity, I could use a scientific equation or some sort of miracle, lol!

Jona Panesa said...

LOL! loved your hubby's comment. what! 48 pencils what do they do with that?

Mina974 said...

Très belle page JJ!! C'est toujours une corvée les courses pour la rentrée!! Il y a tellement de choses à acheter!! Bisous depuis l'ile de la Réunion.
Yasmina

Christie Bryant said...

I had the same problem at the Target here, no pencils. What's with that?
I LOVE your layout! The misting is so fun and the photo of you and your hubby is fantastic!
Love what he said about your scrap-room, I'm sure my hubby feels the same. ;)

Keshet said...

You're near the first Target? How fun! Huge Target fan here:) Love the layout!

Pearl said...

Grill, you should look like this all the time!!!!! So very pretty!!! Great layout too!

theelfqueen said...

I HATE school supplies. Seriously I HATE them so much I've done a layout about it LOL

theelfqueen said...

School supply Layout:
http://elfpaper.blogspot.com/2010/07/still-here-still-scrapping.html