Monday, August 8, 2011

On Vacation, Showing Vacation Pages

Today I am sharing two layouts using the sold-out WIP August kits. This month I got to play with the add-on kit which featured Echo Park's splash collection.  This collection is vibrant, fresh and perfect for summer and water themed projects. 

One of the staples in WIP kits are tickets, tags, baker's twine and other fun hand-made items from Trish.  I started this layout really wanting to use these items together.  Not that you need a ticket to dine anywhere on the cruise, but I liked the theme.  I was going to title the layout "Ticket to Dine" or something to that effect until I settled on the present title :)  Check out those GIANT hotdogs in front of my kids.  Is it me or that thing is almost as big as Second Child's face?!  lol.  Is that little crab totally adorable?  It came just as it is in the kit, love it!


It feels good to finally scrap these photos, sitting in an album since 2006!  We were on the Big Island and on our way to a snorkeling site.  These dolphins came up to swim next to us to take advantage of the current generated by the boat. Yes!  These are dolphins in the wild, how lucky were we to see them swimming with our boat, and how lucky was I to get them on camera!

As I prepare this blog post, I feel incredibly lucky, to have traveled and experienced so much.  My DH can testify how I am never satisfied with the amount of travel we do, but I do know I am blessed in so many ways.  Today, we celebrate thirteen years of marriage, visiting hallmarks in downtown Philadelphia, with kids in tow. Blessed indeed :)

21 comments:

sweet craf-tea chick said...

oh your layouts are fabulous, JJ! love the little crab and tickets with baker's twine. those hot dogs are big! also love your dolphin photos. so pretty. love the strips of paper. thanks for sharing and i wish you a lovely day! *hugs* steph :)

Beth Hallgren said...

Those are some huge hotdogs! Love that little crab. Lovely layouts :)

teacher jessy said...

What fun layouts!! Looking at the dolphin layout is so peaceful! I miss the beach now... lol!

Nathalie said...

Happy anniversary and enjoy your vacation as a family! Precious moments indeed! I love what you did with this fun collection! I love the tickets combo on the first page! Beau travail :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Awwww, happy, happy anniversary, Jing Jing! Love your layouts! I just got this Splash line, so this is really catching my eye. Love how you used the wave paper. Such cool photos, too. The Meal Ticket theme is so perfect.
Hope you enjoy every single minute of your vacation!

Mandie said...

these are totally fun, jing jing! :)

Keri said...

Happy Anniversary, Jing-Jing...love these bright, happy layouts, especially the clusters of tickets on the top one! Here's wishing you a relaxing, enjoyable family vacation too! :)

Charlene said...

Happy Anniversary to you!!!! I love these LO'S!! You are so talented! And to see those dolphins...WOW lucky girl!!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super fun. Love that cute little crab and the tickets. :)

Karen B. said...

Very bold and very beautiful!

Christie Bryant said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I absolutely LOVE both of your layouts! Love the title "Meal Ticket" so cute and clever. And the dolphins swimming next to your boat - FABULOUS! You are a blessed woman!

Pearl said...

haha ! you go girl ! happy holidaying again ! fun travel layouts these are !

alexandra s.m. said...

Comme elles sont belles!
Quel joli travail sur les lignes! Bravo!!
Happy anniversary <3

Deana said...

LOVE the new pages, JJ. The journaling on the first page is pretty amusing. CONGRATS on 13 years & I hope you continue to see the world....with or without the family in tow! :-)

Kim said...

gosh I love that bundle of tickets all tied up with twine JUST PERECT!!

Virginia L. said...

These happy layouts are utterly delightful! you have such a way of sharing the lovely photos of your girls!

Alice Wertz said...

Happy Anniversary! you have such a cute family! =) those dolphin photos are amazing. so glad that you captured them. fabulous layouts! have fun and enjoy the rest of your vacation! =)

Tanya Tahir said...

ooo both of these are super adorable! I just love that crab and how big are those hotdogs lol!

Tanya Tahir said...

p.s Happy Anniversary!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

HAHAHA, yes, that hot dog IS as big as A's face! And that's crazy. The layout is so much fun!

Michelle said...

Fun pages!! I love the colors in the first one. Completely enjoyed your dolphin page! My favorite animal! Did an up close and personal kids class with my kids this summer at the MN Zoo.. it was a you can look but can't touch situation. That was SO hard! It's like dangling candy in front of a kid and not letting them have it. We right on the edge of their pool. I hope you had a wonderful day in Philly and a very Happy Anniversary!