Thursday, August 4, 2011

Braidy Girl

Before I get to the palette and the layout, let me say that we had a wonderful time at our dear friend's wedding.  The girls did very well as flower girls in all their duties and through all the waiting.  I must say, it was kinda glorious being the mother of the flower girls :)  I could totally do that again! LOL.

This week at the Color Room, we have an incredibly beautiful and refreshing palette! I just drool all over the inspiration photo! I would love to move into this lovely room! 
Not only are the colors so beautifully put together, I also love this unique sketch by Lydell! I don't often cut photos into circles but this sketch is worthy of an attempt :)  I reached into my stash and used up a sheet of Fancy Pants Design paper that looks like watercoloring.  I also used an assortment of embellishments that matched the palette. This is my attempt at being whimsical, albeit a feeble one, lol. But the colors make me happy so I will call this a success :)
Thank you so much for visiting here!  Be sure to stop by the Color Room and try this palette!  Meanwhile, I'm sure we are having a grand time visiting new places and treasured friends. ;)

18 comments:

Nathalie said...

Ta page est rafraichissante comme un verre de limonade! :)

Blossom inch said...

this is super gorgeous page...lovely indeed!

Jaime Lee said...

This is totally an awesome layout JJ, your background is beautiful!

Trish said...

Beautiful lo, JJ! She's a keeper!

Aubree said...

I think you should try whimsy more often, this is adorable!!

Karen B. said...

Oh to be ale to braid hair in the morning instead of spit down cowlicks...very cute layout!

Beth Hallgren said...

Beautiful colors & sweet photos :)

deborah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alexandra s.m. said...

merveilleuse page Jing-Jing et ta fille est trop mignonne! ;-)

Bonne visite ~

Janine K said...

Gorgeous page JJ and i love the way you added the border to the page as it gives it such definition.

Debbie said...

I just love this layout!!! The colors are bright and vibrant and those pictures are precious!

Debbi Tehrani said...

OMGosh, those photos are darling, Jing-Jing, and I'd say your layout is completely successful--totally whimsical, beautiful design, fab pictures and stories, and awesome use of color!

Deana said...

Darling page, Jing-Jing! And I'm loving using that Martha border punch lately, myself!

Have a great week!

kathie said...

J-J, I adore this page! It's just so gorgeous.

How are you? It seems forever. But finally I got a moment to come and pay you a visit :).

Virginia L. said...

YUMMY colors!! Love the details and photos!!

Alice Wertz said...

love those cute citrusy colors and those photos are so cute! she is totally adorable! super layout as always, Jing-Jing!

Tanya Tahir said...

the circle photos are divine!!! Love these fresh colours too :)

Emily Leiphart said...

It's gorgeous and I love the photos of your daughter!