Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What I Have Been Up To...

Hmm... both "up" and "to" are prepositions, should I un-capitalize them in the title? de-capitalize them, lol? Jenny?

I haven't abandoned my blog nor have I been idle in the paper crafting department.  However, there are other more pressing things at the moment... like learning this thing before we go on vacation next week.  It's very similar to my "old" XSi but the whole point was to get the video making functionality, so there's a bit of learning to do there.

When my parents came back this year, my dad told me that he wanted to buy a DSLR.  Well that was a no brainer!  He should buy my 1.5 year old XSi and I shall upgrade to the one with video functionality! :)

I waited as long as I could and finally I bit the bullet and completed the transaction this past week, just in time for our upcoming trip.  I found the manual for XSi on Canon China's website and told him to read it.  So I guess you can say that he and I are learning together, at least I hope so.  Don't let this post fool you into thinking that I enjoy reading manuals! Ov vey, au contraire! But when one invests boocou dollars into a thing, and a free manual happens to come along with it, why one must at least read the freebie manual carefully :)

That isn't the only thing I've been doing either...

I also won this on ebay in the very last 20 seconds with my heart beating out of my chest! It arrived just two days ago and a massive undertaking of "making animals" with my Second Child began yesterday. 

When I first bought my Cricut, I really could take it or leave it. But in the last year and half, the cartridges have gotten out of control adorable :)  I am enjoying using my Cricut more and more, and it doesn't have to be for layouts (where I typically feel justified spending money.)  Second Child and I spent at least an hour assembling animals after dinner.  DH asked her what she plans to do with her animals.  She said that she will make a forest and her animals will all live there.  This gave DH the idea that we should paint a forest on her wall, I suggested that we could perhaps start with a pin board :) 

I have quickly turned my stash of animals into cards.  They are gifts, oh heck if they see them here before they get them :)  Please pretend to be surprised :)  Here are three of them. 
I feel like I'm typing at the speed of light.  I should go and continue ploughing through stuff.  Thank you so much for stopping by! 

26 comments:

Jennifer Larson said...

I'm totally not anal in that way. Except with my students, LOL! Have fun with your camera!

Pamela said...

These cards are adorable! I love them!!! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Elles sont superbes ces carte set vraiment adorables en effet et j'ai beaucoup ri en lisant ton post! MERCI!!

Deana said...

You are too funny about your ebay bidding. Cute, cute animals though... so it was obviously worth all the anxiety! The cards are ADORABLE!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

great cards!!! very cute! I love that cartridge. Congrat's on your purchase. I have the Cannon XSI but would have loved to have gotten the one with video. I have had mine for a few years now so maybe one day in the future i'll updgrade :-) Enjoy it!!!

Larajc said...

Have a great vacation! Enjoy your little new toy!

Beth Hallgren said...

EBay makes me feel very anxious too! I don't have any of the lite carts because they are so expensive for what you get. Are they worth the $$, did you get a good deal on EBay?

jamie said...

the theme of not abandoning one's blog nor being idle is consistent all around.
i love the story of you and your daughter crafting together.
~j

Alice Wertz said...

too cute! love your adorable cards and hope you have fun with your new toy! =)

sarah said...

CUTE cards, jing jing! makes me want to get that cartridge. ;)

can't wait to see all of those photos with the camera!

hugs,
sarah.

Beth Hallgren said...

Me again :) I can't submit it silly, it was in The Big Book of Scrapbook Ideas. Thanks for the warm fuzzy though :}

Tanya Tahir said...

these animals (and the cards you turned them into) are soo adorably sweet!! Whoever gets these is one LUCKY recipient! Good luck with the new camera! I bet you are having fun while learning eh? :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Aw, adorable animals! Glad you and your daughter can have fun together! Good luck learning how to use your new toy! And have a wonderful vacation!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

I'm so lovin' your new camera. And your cards are super adorable. :)

Aubree said...

Adorable!!! ...which one is for me? Oh wait, my bday isn't for a few months!

teacher jessy said...

Hehe. You are one funny gal! You are so fortunate with the cartridge! Love what you did with your girls, super adorable!

Charlene said...

I love your new camera!! I so need one :-) And the cards......adorable!!!! I love my Cricut but I use it in phases...sometimes I'm lazy...shhhh....don't tell anyone :-)

Emily Leiphart said...

Surely, you mean beaucoup instead of boocou, right? :P First you make me drool over your new camera and then you make me want a Cricut! It's all too much for me, especially after seeing all those cute animal cards! Sigh. I hope you're having a happy non-manual reading weekend. ;D

Karen B. said...

That is so neat that you are crafting with your daughter, and to come up with these utterly cute cards is icing on the cake.

Audrey Pettit said...

Ugggghhh, manuals. I have a definitely love/hate thing with those guys. I admit to generally ignoring them whenever possible. :)
Love your little animal cards. I can see how easy it must be to spend lots of time playing with those little cuties. I like your daughter's idea of building a forest for them. :)

Sue said...

What cute cards, Jing Jing, and you're getting a new camera!! Lucky you!

Virginia L. said...

Hope you are having fun with the new camera! My DD just gave some photo workshop to raise money for her trip to two-week trip to China (going for the first time!!). I saw your published card in Cricut CARDS! Congrats!! I have a Cricut Expression sitting in the box since Christmas...and I am not eager to use it! You just might make me break it out open!

Christie Bryant said...

Yay! New camera! Love that you can take video too! Need one of those myself.

How fun that you're making animals with your daughter. SO fun!!!

Courtney K said...

those animal cards are too cute!!

Janetcraft said...

great camera to play with...no matter how easy or tough, I am sure you can handle well..!

Janetcraft said...

great camera to play with...no matter how easy or tough, I am sure you can handle well..!