Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Teardrops" on a Happy Day!

Today is a big day for us as my kids are finally going to walk down the aisle as Flower Girls in a dear family friend's wedding!  We will be headed out the door for hair appointments in less than two hours and I doing a quick post before the festivities begin!

This month's Sweet Peach Crop Shop's kits feature such beautifully delicate colors.  I am always so impressed with Corrie's color sensibilities.  It is so enjoyable using her kits! 

This layout is inspired by these 7Gypsies clear charms.  It was total serendipity that I had these pictures on my desk!  They somehow moved themselves next to these charms... As I looked at the photos of her crying and these gorgeous clear "drops," it came to me, how I wanted to use these charms and what I wanted to title the layout. 

These charms are so gorgeous and usually I would be hoarding them instead of using them, but I sure do like the look here. I do, however, wish I have a few more to use on a mini-album or banner, so I guess I'll be shopping soon :)
One last detail shot here.  This elephant is a sticker from Glitz Design, it has tiny jewels embedded in the image!  It's not only cute but goes well with the theme of "remembering." I added it onto the Elle's Studio's tag and some Authentique stickers. 
Most everything I used here came from the Juicy kit, but the elephant is a part of the Sweet kit.  I only added brads and cords from my stash. 

That's it for this Sunday. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, we are leaving for the wedding soon! FUN times ahead :)

27 comments:

MrsETaylor said...

What a beautiful Layout Jing Jing. Love those charms.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! this is fabulous, Jing Jing! SO gorgeous! I love all those papers, and love your design. And those jewel charms?? Brilliant!
Hope you all enjoy your special day today. :)

Lydia said...

Great layout Jing-Jing, and I adore that little elephant tag!!!

Alia said...

Stunning perfection, Jing Jing!!

Karen B. said...

Oh my this is the most beautiful layout I've seen in a long time. I love that you've kept some of the background white-the tears (drops) really shine!

Deana said...

You have the most well-thought out page designs/embellishments/etc. Always LOVE your work, Jing-Jing... always!!!

Virginia L. said...

Oh my, this is incredible!! First you captured the "precious" moments (gasp!) and then that hanging "tear drops" (double gasp!!)! I love this, Jing-Jing!! What drama and FUN!!

MommaSaid said...

This is such an endearing and beautiful page. I agree, the charms were perfect..... Do you think our kids ever wonder what exactly happened in our Mommy brains to make us think that tears were a perfect photo opportunity? I do it, too.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Gorgeous page. I'm so lovin' those clear charms. :)

Mel said...

This is so pretty Jing Jing! Love those charms and super cute pictures:) I just want to (((HUG))) her

Sue said...

OMG! Love love love the way you used the gems. perfect!

Tanya Tahir said...

Oh wow, I love the idea behind those beautiful clear charms! What a stunning page! And how exciting about your little girls being flower girls for the first time - how sweet, I hope you take lots of pictures! ;)

sarah said...

i'm in love with those photos! her face is priceless. :)

...and can you please please please please tell me how you do it?! every one that you pop out is amazingly gorgeous.

hugs,
sarah.

Larajc said...

beautiful layout. Adore the title!

Alice Wertz said...

such a beautiful layout! that you used those pretty charms to represent her tears. so clever! love this, Jing-Jing! hope you all had fun at the wedding!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous, Jing-Jing! LOVE those dangly jewels, and how perfect that serendipity came along! Just beautiful!

alexandra s.m. said...

Merveilleuse cette page Jing-Jing!
et je sais que tu vas encore prendre de très jolies photos que nous aurons vite le plaisir de voir sur tes pages!

Bon voyage ;-)

Kim said...

wowowowowowowowow those jewels are just perfect for thi slayout, and this unusual colour combo /pattern ppaer combo really works!!

Keshet said...

Love this JJ! So soft and perfect!

Beth Hallgren said...

Those charms are to die for! You always catch the mood of the picture perfectly :) I tried to peamail you but it just keeps sending me my message to you, back to me without a reply. My email is ehallgren@frontier.com I have a question for you :)

Mandie said...

this is so pretty!

Christie Bryant said...

The charms on your layout is fabulous! So fun to scrap different photos...so, so sad to see her tears.

I hope that you have fun at the wedding! Good luck to your flower girls!!!!

Karen said...

Jing-Jing: I wanted to visit you again. I haven't talked with you in a while. Thanks again for the OA cards. I hope you will visit my blog again. I've finally learned how to "play the blogging game", post photos of my work, participate in things, etc. It has taken off and I hope you will stop by. You can see my OA creations - it will always be my favorite! I was looking for the OA blinkie to add to my blog, but I'm having troublre finding it. Any suggestions? Hope you are well. This layout is adorable! Keep in touch.
Karen
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Charlene said...

TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Your pages are always so well thought out and the design impecable :-) Such an inspiration!! I bet the girls looked so cute as Flower Girls!!

Jennifer Larson said...

That is gorgeous--I love what you did with the charms!

Pearl said...

oooo yeah ! those 7 G charms are just stunning here ! Good to hear the flower girls & mummy were all good ! teehee !

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, those charm are absolutely stunning and so is this layout. I was waiting for you to explain why A was crying! I'd also like to know what you used to adhere the charms to the page. :)