Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sweet Peach Sketch

My sweet friend Keri Babbit is the sketch artist at Sweet Peach Crop Shop and this week she provided us with this lovely sketch. I am all about rectangles and lines, but tilting things is difficult for me, lol. However I did manage it, and here is my take on the sketch.

My mother has more patience than I do and she can't stand the thought that someone's hair is in someone's face. :)   Particularly after a nap, someone's hair gets fixed up nicely while someone is still drowsy :)  I just take advantage of the whole situation and get a few photos while I can.  That crazy bow thing on her hair was inspired by something I saw on Gymboree.com.  The girls and I made a bunch together.  They didn't turn out looking like what Gymboree was selling, but this one seemed to be well loved and well used.
I triple layered the large square and used the Cosmo tag stickers, and a 7Gypsies rubon.  Everything except the rubons on this layout came from the July Juicy kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shop.

This sweet circle border is a new die I bought from My Favorite Things.  I just had to put it to use immediately :)

One last thing of note... I outlined the orange patterned paper from Webster Pages with a copic marker in some kind of shade of gray.  I don't mind the look at all. I think I have found another use for my collection of such markers! :) yay!  
Oh I hear the water toy being in use outside, photographer duty is calling!!  :) 

20 comments:

Karen B. said...

Such a cool technique with the marker, adds a lot of depth.

sweet craf-tea chick said...

fabulous layout, jj :)! love all the images you used and all the layering. wonderful job! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Sunday! *hugs* steph :)

Keri said...

Love how you rocked this tilty sketch...I had a hard time tilting it while making it too, lol! Love the way you used the CC tags and trim from the kit, alternating with the adorable photos. :)

Sue said...

This is so cool. I like the blocking used on the photos.

Sandi Cl~ said...

I must say that I never realized it but yes, you seem to be a linear kind of gal! But you took the challenge and passed with flying colors. Wonderful use of those tags. Think you nailed another one!

Tracy said...

Your layout is stunning.
I have trouble tilting layouts as well. But I love how you did this. Hmmm maybe I should try this sketch?

alexandra s.m. said...

meme quand tes photos sont de travers tes pages sont belles et super clean ;-)

Bravo!

Pearl said...

you sure did the tilt thing well here !! what a fab mix of brands too !

Deana said...

Totally darling page... and hair bow, too! :-)

Kim said...

teehee love those fabulous photos...they reallytell the story!!!!!! your bits and pieces are perfect!

teacher jessy said...

Love your take on the sketch!! Adore all those OA pieces for sure!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

You rocked this sketch. Adorable page. Love the paper that you used. :)

Christie Bryant said...

What a fun layout, her hair looks adorable, love the bows you made!

Lydia said...

So cute Jing-Jing, I love your use of stamps!!! Great stuff!!

Alice Wertz said...

love that big bow in her hair. she is so cute! love what you did with the marker, too. super layout, Jing-Jing!

Aubree said...

This is adorable! Love the way you used those tags!

Audrey Pettit said...

Very, very cute, Jing Jing! You did a great job putting a little angle on your straight lines. :) Love the layering, and LOVE those photos. Her face is just priceless. The fussy cut flowers look fabulous peeking from behind your papers and I love the circles and vintage image on the side. Really cute stuff!

Charlene said...

Hellooooooo Jing Jing :-) Gorgeous page!! I will have to get me one of those circle dies...you enabler you!!! You DD is so cute! Love the photos :-)

Lydell said...

Georgeous JJ, AND very proud of you for making it tilted too!!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

So cute!! Maybe you should tilt more? ;) I loved the story of your mom doing A's hair while she's still drowsy. LOL