Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sweet Peach Crop Shop Layout

How lovely it was to have a three-day weekend!  We were busy in good ways.  The kids stayed with Yeye and Nainai for a night so DH and I had to go strawberry picking without them on Saturday.  That was nowhere close to being fun, just an hour of squatting and hurting my knees!  We attended a birthday party at Uncle Steve's and had a smashingly good time.  The kids did some bicycle riding with my parents and what not's...  I did a lot of scrapbooking, specifically, using Sweet Peach Crop Shop's July kits.

I am very happy with how this one turned out :)  From the beginning to the end, this layout was about re-acquainting myself with a tried and true technique, playing with some products, trying a specific look, and having fun making something pretty.

I wanted to do something with the negative of the chipboard letters in the Juicy Kit. I got a bottle of white mist by Studio Calico a while ago, and finally I put it to use on this page. I did go a little mist happy and used 1/3 of a bottle in misting the background here! lol.

I cut the chipboard piece into half using scissors. I mounted the top half onto a piece of October Afternoon and the bottom half I used as the misting template.


After watching the mist dry and much arrangement and adhesives, I arrived at the final layout.  Here are a couple of detailed shots.  I thought adding these wood grain stars onto the muted background cardstock is a good look.  And who else adores Crate Paper's eclectic buttons?  The big one is just way too adorable not to showcase :)

The little bracket border is created with a new die I purchased last week from My Favorite Things. It's so dainty, I love it! :)  I am totally addicted to MFT's dienamics.  If only I knew what I know now, I would have bought them all while I was on MFT's design team, you know, with a discount! :)
That's it for this day after holiday post!  I could really use another day off to make more projects, soon enough hopefully...
 
Also, Lolly will be doing a Front Porch Live tutorial on Wed. July 6th at 8:30pm CST on UStream.  She will be demonstrating putting together this adorable project, so don't miss it!!  See you there!
 

28 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Fabulous LO! I love how you used the "leftovers" for your LO instead of just throwing it away! TFS GREAT work!

Samantha Sibbet said...

that mist gets used up fast! This is a great lo, love the random elements on it and congrats on fancy pants! love seeing you everywhere!

Deana said...

That is just seriously gorgeous work, Jing-Jing! Wow...

Robin Gibson said...

Congrats on the Fancy Pants gig!!! LOVE this layout! You always inspire me! Your girls are SO CUTE too! Ok, NOW, I'm off to email you...seriously...I mean it...really :P

Aubree said...

Love the misting! Are both of those borders, the bracket and the laddered one? I might have to start buying some dies!!!

Nathalie said...

Encore une trés belle page Jing-Jing! Tes techniques me donnent toujours envie! Bravo!

Keri said...

ADORE this layout, it's so detailed in such a great way! Love the stars on the custom background, it's perfect!

Alice Wertz said...

the misted background is fabulous. love that's in white, too. so fun. i don't think i would ever be able to use my Crate Paper buttons. they are too yummy to be used... =) super layout, Jing-jing!

Kryssi said...

WOW AMAzING!! I love that you used the negative alpha sheets! So clever you are!!

Karen B. said...

You are quite the enabler. I'm convinced that I need white mist and MFT dies. Thanks! Great layout, love the playfulness of it.

Rhonda Merry said...

Another FABU idea. Love the letter chipboard and layers.

Tracy said...

Love your layout, like how you used the negative part of the chipboard.

I used to bring my girls to pick berries with me, it went by way faster, lol.

Virginia L. said...

Aren't you the SMART cookie!! Love your use of the negative side of the chipboard! The colors and elements are always so captivating! I can just imagine how fun it is for Ye Ye and Nai Nai to spend the precious time together!

Christie Bryant said...

Wowzer! LOVE what you did with the misting! Such a great layout, your girls are darling!

I'm glad that you had a good weekend!

xoxo

Sandi Cl~ said...

Why fool with tried and true? LOL But everything you do looks great. Love the misting. So glad to hear that you had a good weekend. We all need those!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love the page Jing-Jing!!
So unique and cleverly done ;-)

Jennifer Larson said...

Left the page love on the peas. So gorgeous!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous page, Jing Jing! I SO love your use of the negative chipboard letter packaging. I think it's brilliant the way you cut it apart and used it two different ways. Really awesome!! You're making me want to go do some scrapbooking now.............
but not strawberry picking. ;)

teacher jessy said...

Love the negative u did with the alpha! And of course what a beautiful layout!

Janine K said...

Fabulous page JJ and the use of the alpha is fabulous, the way you used it as a mask as well as the negative on the LO as well! Very cool.

jamie said...

great techniques, girl!
intrigued by your product packaging use, the mist, and the outcome of it all.
i really like this layout!
~j

Kim said...

totally cool techniques and that layering is just rockin!!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

What a fun page. Love the lettering & other techniques that you use. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Whoa, you are totally amazing, JJ! I love coming here! Your daughters are the cutest. I love their expressions! And you're totally enabling me with that MFT die!!

Pearl said...

oooo ! fun stuff you have going on this layout ! go you with the white SC mist ! I have yet to get ahold of it ! Too cute these 2 look together !

Heather Jacob said...

OMG !!!!! WOW WOW WOW !!! these are all drop dead gorgeous ... my mouth is wide open with amazement ... perfect plus ... love all of these .. big hugz x

Courtney K said...

this layout is awesome Jing-Jing. love the background. i've been wanting to try something like that forever!! maybe tomorrow.

Jaime Lee said...

JJ, this is such awesome layout!! I love it so much! I hope you allow me to scrap-lift it :D. Loving your style a lot!