Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Steamed, Boiled, Braised, Poached...

The weather outside has been frightful!  With the heat index well over 110 degrees Fahrenheit, and 80% humidity, it feels like we are in some pots and pans being cooked alive!  I can't wait till Thursday when it will be a measly 88 degrees!

I got my contributor's copy of the Creating Keepsakes' Scrapbooking Tips and Tricks today.  I love it so much!  There are so many great layouts and ideas in this issue.  I am so pleased to have one project in this so I get a copy, woohoo!! :)

We are headed out East in just a couple of weeks. I don't think Atlantic City is in the itinerary but we will be going to the Jersey shores for one day.  Unfortunately for me, I will be fully clothed and completed covered to avoid the sun.  I am visiting a doctor to hopefully figure out the problem, but right now, I can't be in the sun for more than 10 minutes without developing a horrendous rash! 

Anyway, this layout was created for AdornIt last October as their guest blogger.  I also used a lot of fun stamps from My Favorite Things in this layout.


Thanks for visiting everyone, I will be back with a new Color Room layout this Thursday. 
As seen in a special issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

22 comments:

Deana said...

I love it, love it, love it! Sooo cute! Congrats!

And how awful about the sun/rash! Hope you get some answers... :-(

Nathalie said...

Toutes mes félicitations pour la parution de ta page!!!! Elle est fantastique! J'adore toutes les photos que tu as reussi à mettre sur une seule page et ce que tu as fait avec les cadres est vraiment super!

Courtney K said...

love that skyline behind the title. anywhere else besides Jersey Shore on your itinerary - like maybe nyc??

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on the pub--again1! I must seek this issue! Have fun with your time away!! Stay out of the sun!!

Pearl said...

fantastic multi photo layout , my dear !

& oh dear abt that rash ! You're allergic to something ? ;) Hope it's figured out quickly !

piradee talvanna said...

ooh thanks for the heads up; will be stalking my mailman now. i want that magazine!! and congrats on the pub and love the use of the those mini frames, super cute!

Debbie said...

Congrats on the pub!!! Great layout!! Heading out east - I love the Jersey shore! Stay covered and have fun! Wish you were venturing down to Washington DC, - my neck of the woods!!

curlyqmosaics said...

What a fabulous layout! I am loving all the frames and that amazing red border at the top...made with a border punch? If so, I need that punch! :)

Beautiful work!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Big Congrats on your pub. Love this layout. The design & the photos are so super fun.

Emily Leiphart said...

Oohhh, what a wonderful travel layout! I love all those frames!! Yes, I agree the weather is frightful and that opening line reminds me of Christmas and winter which I would gladly welcome over this! LOL Have a great trip and be safe!

Charlene said...

Cute LO!! I love the girl holding a map? so cute!!!! I hope they figure out what's wrong that's awful...especially in that weather!!

Lydia said...

What I would not give to have just a little of your heat, wish we could share, it is breezy and cool here!! Love the layout love the use of so many photos. You know that I love OA, so I am sure those camping photos of mine will find there way to that paper!!! Have you seen the new stuff Oh drool!! LOL

Karen B. said...

I seriously love your layouts, even in this heat!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, how gorgeous! Congrats on the pub! I am so not surprised they snatched this one up. Love the photo collage to pieces, and that lady with the map at the bottom just makes me smile.
So sorry to hear about your sun issue. Hope it gets sorted out soon. makes it truly difficult when you live in a melting pot like you do. Sounds like the weather we're having, too.

Alice Wertz said...

congrats on the pub! and so well deserved. beautiful layout and i love all the details. you are amazing, girl! hope they find out what cause the rush soon so that you can enjoy the sun more!

alexandra s.m. said...

Bravo Jing-Jing! Elle est absolument superbe!!

Sue said...

Love this layout. It's so clean and neat. Congrats on the pub.

Tanya Tahir said...

Congrats on the pub! What a great layout, love the arrangement of the photos. Wow, about the rash - must be hard to stay out of the sun during the heat of summer! Hope you are well x

Jennifer Larson said...

I love how you used the frames! It looks terrific.

Christie Bryant said...

Congrats on the publication!

LOVE, love the layout!!!!!!! You're so good at getting multiple photos down. I need to get better at that.

Janine K said...

Fabulous LO JJ, I can see why it was picked! congrats on the pub.

Aubree said...

One of my fave layouts! The little lady reading the map is beyond adorable!!