Tuesday, July 12, 2011

School Layout and a Birthday Card

Believe it or not, I do not have any "first day of school" photos this past school year :)  I only have these on my layout because I happened to be at home on her last day!  I know she is very much looking forward to school starting again the second it ended :)  Not that her summer lacks activities.  She's off to a Chinese immersion camp starting next week for two weeks and we are headed to Philadelphia in August to visit Cheese, Blondie and their families!!  so pumped...

This layout is done using Sweet Peach Crop Shop's kit and I added just a few things from my stash: an OA border, chipboard, and some SRM Stickers. Overall, I just love the colors included in this kit, so perfect with my photos!
Here is a card I made using mostly products from the Sweet Peach Juicy kit. Only the cardstock and the tiny diecut border is from the Sweet kit.  I used a stamp and die set from My Favorite Things. The sentiment "mom" is actually a tag from Elle's studio, and I diecut it using the MFT set. Believe me, I struggled with the tilting of the typewriter, lol. 

Prior to joining the design teams of SRM Stickers and My Favorite Things, I had never used their products.  However, now that I am no longer on the teams, I use their products even more than before!  I am seriously hooked for life! 

21 comments:

liana suwandi said...

georgous layout JJ, i really this b'day card as well :)

Jules said...

gorgeous jing jing! LOVE those pp's.. you have used them so well as always! i missed the 'first day' photos this year too. I think i've become a little slack since number 4 came along!! :))) x

Lydia said...

Super cute Jing Jing, love the stars creates great separation between the photos!! :)

Mina974 said...

Très jolie page! Ne t'inquiète pas, je n'ai pas non plus de photos de la rentrée des classes de mes filles!! lol!
Bisous. Yasmina

Virginia L. said...

How SWEET! Love the fun layout and CARD! Wish I did the scrapbooking thing when my kids were still little! Your summer plan sounds fabulous!! I know what you mean about using the products from previous DT, I imagine I will use them (namly SRM STickers) for life as well (LOL)!!

Kim said...

love love the design here and those stars rock!

Beth Hallgren said...

love that you punched the tab out of vellum. I don't have pics of my kids...teenagers !

Jennifer Larson said...

Terrific designs!

Jocelyn said...

Love the LO and card!!!! So adorable!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

teacher jessy said...

Your daughter looks good in the photo! Very pretty layout. Love the blocking style :) And that card is yum!! Love the typewriter for sure!

Karen B. said...

I've got to remember to take some shots of the last day, thank you for the reminder! Super great layout, as always.

sarah said...

love the design of that LO, JJ! :)

are you gonna be at cha at the end of the month?

hugs,
sarah.

Pearl said...

great last day of school pics & layout ! that yellow school bus looks huge !

Summer sounds like it's gonna be so fun !!

Blossom inch said...

Beautiful JJ and she is gorgeous!

Alice Wertz said...

such a cute layout, Jing-Jing! you always add perfect embellishments. and i adore your card. so very pretty! i think i NEED that stamp and die set!! fabulous work as always!

Audrey Pettit said...

What an awesome page design, Jing Jing! I love all the papers and your photo block is just fabulous. And look at you getting all tilted on your designs. So adorable!

Jaime Lee said...

Another gorgeous layout JJ! Love those stars and the typewriter card. Thanks for sharing! :)

Christie Bryant said...

Such and adorable layout!!! She's darling!!!
Love your card too!

Deana said...

Cute, cute, cute! And your daughter is so cute, too!

Emily Leiphart said...

Such a pretty layout of your older daughter, JJ! I love the journaling, too. Your card is perfection! I LOVE the tilt! I have a very hard time doing that, too. One reason why you've never seen it on my blog. LOL

Courtney K said...

super cute Jing-Jing. so, which of your girls is going to become a brilliant mathematician like her mom??