Friday, July 1, 2011

Guest Designing for Fancy Pants

I had the delightful opportunity to work with Fancy Pant's Baby Mine collection as their July guest designer. I really loved getting all the fun embellishments that come with the collection, ideas flowed generously straight from Fancy Pants. 

This layout is one that I've been wanting to do for a while, and I need to take more pictures for some variation on this subject.  In her world, she has many babies and favorites :)  Unlike her older sister, she adores her babies / dollies / animals.  A gift of a plush whatever to her is sure to be a hit, and the latest acquisition will surely accompany her to dreamland every day and night.  One day I found her in her room having arranged her clan on the floor thusly... Some of the most treasured ones were even covered by her own blanket... It tugs at my heart.

I really loved the label diecut paper and I used it strategically to stretch that one paper onto two layouts :) I am pretty proud of this, lol. It just so happened that I had a tiny photo of her holding the bunny up so I thought I would put them in the hot air balloon, totally gratuitous embellishing, lol.

I am sad to report that the Mama Bunny did not come back to our yard this year. Did Second Child disturb the baby bunnies too vigorously last year? Oh my goodness, I took a lot of pictures, all the while I was a bit grossed out. I wouldn't touch these things!! Second Child didn't seem to mind!

Then I did three cards. There's no resisting doing  baby cards with this collection, so with the help of an SRM Stickers sentiment, this is the first one I did. 

I knew what I wanted to do with these diecut fishies as soon as I saw them.  So here it is an extremely simple card, made easier by Fancy Pants' darling diecut animals from Baby Mine and another SRM Stickers sentiment. I like this one quite a bit :)  coz it's a bit humorous :)

Lastly, I played with Fancy Pants' filter flowers.  I pleated a couple of them into a flower and added a big button. It looks okay.  My pleats were uneven, maybe the next flower I make out of the filter flowers would be better. 
Well, that wraps up my exciting guest gig with Fancy Pants.  Thank you Amy and Fancy Pants for the opportunity and thank you for stopping by!  Happy Canada Day today and Happy Fourth of July and long live long weekends! 

31 comments:

retrospection said...

Yes, the first to comment!! Thought I'd visit you here since I finally found a moment to sit down - can anyone say it's hot outside?! Great job with your Fancy Pants projects - should hop on over there and see what's going on. Congrats on the gig friend!

tweety said...

Amazing job!!! So nice colors! Really great!

Nathalie said...

Ton travail est toujours si bien équilibré et soigné! J'adore ce que tu as fait avec cette collection! Adorables sujets :)

Christie Bryant said...

Wowza! What amazing projects and how fun to guest design for FANCY PANTS! Have I told you lately that YOU ROCK!?!

Deana said...

AMAZING and STUUNNING projects, my friend! Hilarious that Mama Bunny decided to not return is year. I think you should get an award for most and best guest designing gigs in one year. You rock!

Kathy Martin said...

Love all these pages and the way she's holding that wee rabbit! ;)

Belinda said...

Yay for being GDT! :) Lovely projects!!! You're totally rocking it! Awww, so sorry about the momma bunny not coming back!

jamie said...

i for one love your cards. the baby card is extra sweet. great job with all these projects. sweet!
~j

Beth Hallgren said...

Love way youn cropped your photos in the "Baby Hers" layout, cute :)

Karen B. said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designs spot. It's nice to see your soft and elegant side come out.

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Congratulations! Welld one on being Guest Designer at Fancy Pants! Your work is awesome and it comes as no surprise. The projects here are gorgeous! Have a great weekend.

alexandra s.m. said...

Tu as vraiment su mettre cette collection en avant!
Bravo, je ne la connaissais pas et maintenat j'ai très envie de l'avoir!!! hmmm...c'est mon porte-monnaie qui te dit "merci" ;-))

Pearl said...

awesome job with this FP Baby Mine line ! perfect to scrap your kidlets !!!perfect for your style too !

Congrats on another fab spotlight !!!

Tanya Tahir said...

Another fantastic GDT for you!! Awesome work, congrats! Love love both your layouts and cards. The collection is adorable!

Jules said...

gorgeous jing jing!! and congrats on the guest spot... just love what you come up with. what an awesome little collection! :)) x

Sue said...

Congrats on your Fancy Pants gig. Great projects!

Kim said...

your designs are always soooo amazing, I adore both those layouts and you clean crisp cards are superb!

irene moira said...

congrats jing jing! love to see ur projects in many brands.. so lovely, so inspiring.. keep on creating n inspiring us :)

Colette Bate said...

OMG. Okay. You've MADE it in MY book! Guesting for Fancy Pants? Honey, it doesn't get any better than that if you ask me. That's my FAVORITE manufacturer EVER!!

Stinkin' adorable projects, too! So cute to put A in the hot air balloon! And, I think your filter flower is perfect on your card! In fact, all the cards are awesome!

Whew. You've got MAD SKILLS girl. Mad Skills! xoxox

Jennifer Larson said...

Congrats on the guest! I love the brackets. So so cool!

Alice Wertz said...

Congrats on your GDT spot! and wow! girl! you are amazing. not only with layouts but also with cards!!! LOOOOOVE all the details you put into your pages especially the stack of animals and the little photo on the hot air balloon. absolutely fabulous work, Jing-Jing! thanks for sharing and hope you are having a fantastic 4th of July weekend! =)

Patricia said...

Ces réalisations sont vraiment adorable. les petits animaux sont trop mignons...

Missy Whidden said...

Your work is absolutely stunning! Everything is beautiful!

liana suwandi said...

No surprised at all you're super star girl ;)
These projects are grievous!!!

Courtney K said...

congrats on the guest spot - and i love that fishy card!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Adorable paper. Love these fab projects. :)

Debbie said...

Congrats on the GDT at Fancy Pants!!! Wonderful layouts!!! I adore the first one with your dd and all of her stuffed animals! I had a bunny nest this year in my yard!!! They are so precious!!! Happy 4th!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Super sweet!!! I love what you have done with this collection! You are sooo talented - wow!!! :D

Keri said...

I LOVE the Think Love fish card, it's too awesome! And the teeny detail-cut photo in the hot air balloon is adorable...congrats on yet-another GDT, girl!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous job you've done with your guest design gig, Jing Jing! Fancy Pants is so lucky to have snagged you for the month. I just adore your projects. Each and every one is beautiful and creative and so unique, too.

Emily Leiphart said...

Congratulations on designing for FP! These are all so delightful and sweet, JJ!