Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gardener for the Color Room

“Why try to explain miracles to your kids when you can just have them plant a garden.”
 - Robert Brault

This year the kids each got her own garden.  They are responsible for picking out what they want to grow in their little gardens, weeding, watering, and posing next to them with smiles for photos. Yesterday for supper, we ate the three baby bok choys harvested from Second Child's garden, not bad...  More have been planted now.
Here I have a rather simple layout for the Color Room when we were just getting started with gardening this year.  (By "we", I mean everyone else except the royal we, lol.)  This color palette is especially good for these photos, and for garden beds that are covered by soil only yet. 

The particular shade of green reminded me of Cosmo Cricket's Earth Love.  One thing I have noticed is that even though the new CHA is just around the corner, I find the releases from 2-3 years ago as tried and true as ever for me.  It's one of the reasons I find it difficult to purge. I loved the stuff when I bought it then and I love the stuff still :)  like the Earth Love collection!
Thank you for stopping by and I'm going to collapse on the couch and vegetate a little.  The Y kicked off Body Pump release 78 and it has several really challenging tracks!  A couple of them were like the Titanic, the song would go on and on... 

And don't forget to stop by the Color Room and say hi and check out the latest release!!  :)

25 comments:

Missy Whidden said...

This is beautiful! What a gorgeous color palette...you interpreted this so perfectly! I always love your work :)

Chloe :-) said...

What a gorgeous take on the colours! Love it :-) have a great weekend :-)

Tanya Tahir said...

Loving the earthy colours of this palette! YUM! Love your layout too, gorgeous work!

Christie Bryant said...

Seriously cute layout! Love that the girls get their own garden!

xoxo

Kim said...

beautiful soft pallete and those photos seem to pop off the page, love the scallop edge too!

Jocelyn said...

What wonderful color and you did a Fabulous Job on the LO!!!! LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!

Karen B. said...

I have an unused pack of this paper and now I must pull it out and use it! Your page is lovely.

Larajc said...

great layout, you hit the pallette dead on!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a great quote to start your post, Jing-Jing! Your photos are so darling and your page is just gorgeous. That palette is so perfect for your pics. Love the design and, as always, your journaling!

Audrey Pettit said...

You are SO right....Earth Love is PERFECT for that color challenge and perfect for your page. Love, love how you take photos of just bare earth and turn them into a beautiful page. The photo block is fabulous, love the cardstock sticker, love the entire design! :)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

So fun that the kids got their own garden. Your page is adorable. :)

Deana said...

Beautiful page, Jing-Jing! And I love the quote at the beginning of your post! :-)

Niki said...

Pretty, pretty!

Keri said...

I'm still in love with Earth Love too, and should finish it off with a couple more projects like this! Lovely page for this palette, love the trio of photos, the thick decorative border at the top, and that cute little snail. :)

Alice Wertz said...

awww..... look at the expression on your girl's face! she is very serious about this! =) really cool that they get to eat what they grew, such a wonderful experience. totally agree with you about the older supplies. i have a hard time getting rid of them, too! =) love love your fab layout and hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Pearl said...

oh my ! I'll have to say it again ! How blessed you all are to have your own garden and grow ! lol

Too cute ! the story , pics & layout !

Debbie said...

I just adore this layout!!! The colors are perfect for the pictures!!

Emily Leiphart said...

JJ, this layout is absolutely gorgeous! I love your daughters' raised gardens. So beautiful!

curlyqmosaics said...

This layout is amazing! I love the photos, the scallops and the color palette. Beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

You make want to try gardening--almost!I adore this layout and how you used the colors--absolutely PERFECT! The green and black are so beautiful together! I only BUY baby bok choy. That's what I have to be content with :)

alexandra s.m. said...

J'adore cette page Jing-Jing si belle et bien construite!
Bravo, je dois me remettre au travail avec TCR moi ;-))

Est-ce que l'on peut se voir si tu viens toujours à la CHA?

teacher jessy said...

I love the quote with a lil humor! Lol. What a cool idea to let the DDs to have their own garden! Totally teaching them be responsible :) Bravo to you! I love the earth tones too. Awesome layout!

liana suwandi said...

really love the gorgeous color palatte and you did perfectly WELL DONE!!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

hi, J-J! I saw this color pallette the other day and just turned away from it right off. Now I see that I shouldn't have! You chose the perfect photos and papers. I'll bet those girls are proud of the fruits of "their" labors! Hope you are getting over your workout .. LOL

Sue said...

Love the colours on your layout!