Sunday, June 5, 2011

Keen and Cards Making

Friday was the release of Front Porch Kits' June Kit: One Sunny Day.  I just love the deeply rich colors of this kit to pieces.  Tracy and Lolly took feedback from the last kit and made this one less thematic, so there are many directions you can take with this beautiful kit.

My family is very "Keen" on Keen shoes. They are definitely spendy so we are only allowed one pair each, but do we rely on them, lol.  I think it's the signature toes with all that room for the toes that attract me to them. Before Keen shoes, I would come home with black toenails every time I traveled somewhere where I did a lot of walking in tennis shoes.  Keen shoes solved that problem for me! 

I adore this wood grain paper from MME, it's just so beautiful and so versatile.  The tree is a die-cut designed by Lolly and included in the kit. Isn't it neat?
Saturday I was invited to Christine's place where we enjoyed a take-out pizza and some quality paper crafting time. She is obviously amazing at photographing her projects with close-ups and detailed shots, but it is nothing like looking at these projects in real life.  It's a bit like visiting a museum for me: I want to look and see everything, but there's only so much time, lol. 

I brought with me some older kits and asked Christine for her "Ethan stash" (from which I raided and now a bunch of awesome stuff are a part of my "official stash," sorry Ethan!).  Armed with a stack of SRM Stickers, I went to town making cards for shower gifts/prizes. It's pretty hilarious because Christine's feedback is always, "can't you add a little something more?"  To this, my response is consistently "Flat is good." How does one send out a really layered card with flowers, ribbons, pins, jewels, chipboards, you-name-it in the mail? with a padded envelope?  I am sticking with flat, lol.

Photobucket

All right, so there are a couple of cards with bulky embellishments, but let's not dwell on those...
Photobucket
I think I'm all set with shower gifts/prizes.  Now we just have to worry about the food, the cake, the punch, the decoration, you know, the minor details... oy vey... 

20 comments:

Karen B. said...

Those DO look like great shoes, and you layouts and cards are so much fun.

teacher jessy said...

Love the title...very nice! Of course you never fail with creating beautiful layouts ;) those cards are darling!! Glad you had fun at Christine's

alexandra s.m. said...

et moi qui croyait qu'avec la visite de tes parents tu ne pourrais pas nous gater autant que d'habitude, j'avais vraiment tout faux!

Tout ceci est très joli!
merci ;-)

Deana said...

"Can't you add a little more?". Hilarious! But so true. Some cards are impossible to mail. They have to be hand-delivered. LOL

I think your cards are fabulous! And the LO...simply adorable! Loving the tree! :-)

Aubree said...

Fantastic title...clever as always! Hey, I see multiple dad's day cards there, feel free to address one to my DH and sign it from N, S and H. Save me the trouble!

Kim said...

HOW cool is that TREE!!!!!! wow I love it it is so striking!!!! Beautiful cards as alway!!

Jocelyn said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that Lo and those shoes are FABBY!!!!

What beautiful cards!!!!! You rocked them!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous week!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ca-Ute stuff, Jing Jing! Love that fun layout you did. The subject matter is super fun and I love the design with the woodgrain and the tree. I think I need to get me some of those shoes. :)
Love the cards. Flat is definitely better for mailing. I have an issue with keeping things flat....never seem to manage it very well.

Larajc said...

I am KEEn on your layouts! Great job! :)

retrospection said...

Hello Dear Friend - I did the exact opposite of you this weekend and made a super size, overly deluxe card that I plan to send to you via UPS because USPS would probably be too expensive. J/K of course, but had to mention it since you brought up the bulky card issue. Laugh. Love'en them shoes as well - always clever with your titles.

Charlene said...

I will have to try a pair. I bought a pair of wolkies and I love them...but sadly they bit the dust :-( They are so comfortable!

And look at your go on the cards :-) they are wonderful!!!

Virginia L. said...

I have never seen/heard about the Keen shoes ( I must live in another planet!?). But they sure look cozy and pretty...LOVE your layout! You can make anything look GOOD! And about the cards, I LOVE flat cards! I really do not like to send out cards with too many embellishments...but that doesn't stop me making them (LOL)!! Your cards are going to be the door crasher-I guarantee it!

Keri said...

Love the shoe close-up and the way you used the little flower accents as part of a larger tree accent! I'm with you on the flat cards too...the super-layered ones ARE gorgeous but not too practical! :)

Rbarakat said...

Wow girly - you have been busy! Cute cute cute! And those shoes are the best! Clever play on words!

Alice Wertz said...

hummmm.... we'll have to look into these shoes, good walking shoes are hard to find. thanks for the recommendation! =) super layout as always, love that big tree and LOVE your fab cards! beautiful designs. and yeah, i always send my bulky cards with padded envelops... =) oh! love your new profile picture, too! you look fabulous, girl. have a fabulous week!

Patricia said...

like this layout and the cards are very very beautiful...

Emily Leiphart said...

JJ, those shoes are awesome and so stylishly funky! Do they come in adult sizes? Such a fun layout! Those cards are fabulous and I love that you made so many different ones, all flat! I love making flat cards but I also admit to having a supply of padded envelopes just in case.

liana suwandi said...

how fun you two. I wish I were closer to you but now that we're moving even further away, someday... come visit me JJ!

Tanya Tahir said...

what a cute cute layout and I am LOVING all your cards too :)

Isbella James said...

I love these Keen shoes. I already owned a brown pair of these shoes. I prefer wearing this shoe over my tenny-shoes.