Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Color Room Projects

Oh I have been bad and neglected to post last week's Color Room challenge and here we are at this week's release already!  Better late than never, this is what I did for palette 61. 

I actually really love this palette but I didn't get my act together to use the papers for a layout.  As I sat there staring at the papers I have chosen, I told myself: "It's okay to cut into 12x12 sheets of paper to make a card."  That took a lot of convincing but here it is.  Again, I'm using the My Favorite Things stacked dies to make this card. I'm getting my money's worth out of those dies, no doubt about it!!! Add an SRM Stickers sentiment, la voila!
This week at the Color Room is a whitewashed palette. The idea is a monochromatic palette + white.  This looked to be a huge challenge until I was at Christine's place and in the Ethan stash were several consecutive pieces of paper in the orange palette.  Then it was a matter of finding some photos that would fit the palette :) a little backwards from what I typically do. After an all important vintage family photo with a labyrinth of stories, time to scrap some light hearted food photos :)  They look better than they taste, them ebelskivers!  When they come off the cooking pan in their puffy and round gloriousness, there's no resisting them, lol.  However, I just much prefer the good ol' traditional American pancakes which I can drench in syrup and douse in toppings.
This wraps up two Color Room releases in one post. I hope you will come and try these palettes!

25 comments:

Aubree said...

Jing-Jing, this orange layout is awesome! I love the layers of off kilter papers...and the color scheme is fantastic! Glad you were able to "save" these papers!

Pearl said...

Pity abt the Ebelskivers not tasting as good as they could ! lol Fab whitewashed take with the orange ! & the card for the previous card is great with the stacked dies ! yums !

Karen B. said...

Orange orange orange! Love the orange and how you've used the paper.

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, that card is super duper and the layout is making me drool! Love the blues in your card and the oranges in your layout. So complementary!

Tracy said...

Your blue card is so pretty.
I too have trouble cutting up pretty paper.
You layout is beautiful. Orange is not my favourite colour, but this is stunning.
I am a lover of Finn or German pancakes, they are more like a crepe.

Jessica said...

Fabulous projects! I hear ya about cutting into a 12x12 piece of paper for a card! I just can't do it- that is what my scraps are for! :)

Alice Wertz said...

love your fab card. really loving how you have been using those staked dies! and i absolutely LOVE the design on your layout. you are amazing, girl! thanks for the inspiration!

Jules said...

these are awesome creations jing jing!! love your stories and love your work! :)) x

Jocelyn said...

Fabulous sweet friend...Love these colors!!!!

You are so super talented...can you send me a little...just a little!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is absolutely gorgeous..I just love it! LOVE the colours and definitely love those dies!

Jing Jing..thank you for dropping by my blog just now. Your comments meant a lot to me. I appreciate it!

Charlene said...

I cut 12x12's all the time lol :-) I find it weird when I use a whole piece without cutting it up :-) Awesome card and LOVE the lo!! You rocked the colors!!

Christie Bryant said...

I love them both! The card is fabulous! So, so, so pretty! And the Orange layout is gorgeous too. The love way you stacked the papers!

xoxo

Deana said...

Oh my goodness, that LO rocks! Love the coordinating pattern strips and the journaling flipped sideways. Love it! That card is completely adorable too!

Christie Bryant said...

P.S.
Just got my CK mag in the mail. SO FUN to open it up and there is a FULL page with YOUR layout on it!

liana suwandi said...

awww so pretty, i really like this color combo feel like summer. and your card is so those dies.

alexandra s.m. said...

Bravo, c'est trop beau!
xox

Patricia said...

very very beautiful projects...

Janine K said...

Both projects are fabulous JJ. I too have a funny thing about cutting into new sheets of paper for a card. I always dive into my box of scraps for a card! LOL! So you are definitely not alone on that score.

Nadhrah Maidin said...

jing jing...i love your latest creations with the TCR color challenge. Everything falls right in front of eyes. Is interesting to keep looking at it. Well done again dear!

Kim said...

more delish cards and I really really really LOVE the design of that layout, so unsual!!!

Linda Beeson said...

LOVE both takes on those color combos! WOW! The card is my fav with that great black/white pattern.

Cynthia Lloréns said...

This is a amazing and stunning LO and your card is lovely!!!!
I just love evrything in here!!!!!This is my first time in here and I loved.I´m follower now.
I wish a wonderful week.
Kisses and huges from Brazil
Cynthia

jamie said...

I do the same thing over a 12x12 sheet of paper. It's hard to make a card from fresh paper and not scraps.But the card is gorgeous. absolutely!
I did a search on the My Favorite Things stacked dies...are they Papertrey?
~j

Angi @ CokiePop said...

WOWZA...Gorgeous projects. Love your card and the orange layout is a fun burst of color. :)

Virginia L. said...

LOVE LOVE his color palette! You did an awesome job!