Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bright and Cheery Color Room 64

My stash is deeper when it comes to bright and cheery colors :) It was relatively easy to pull together papers and embellishments for my layout using this palette. Come check out the release of palette 64 of the Color Room, there are so many absolutely stunning projects! 
This really is just an ordinary every day photo.  I mean look what they are wearing after all, lol.  They weren't getting ready for a photo shoot, that's for sure!  I used Fancy Pants' Beach Babe for this layout.  I actually had no idea what I was going to "title" it until I saw I used eight chipboard banner pieces.  The everyday series of stickers from SRM Stickers suited perfectly!

I guess I have found my thing... I like stacking label and element stickers on top of each other to create a border! I have done this multiple times so I'm declaring it my favorite!  It all started with me wanting to use some of my stickers collection instead of just, ahem, collecting them.  I have a special love for stickers that stem from childhood.  I still remember walking into my LSS for the first time and saw a wall of Mrs. Grossman stickers as a grown woman with a real job...  Let's just say that I let myself indulge fully that day in my childhood sticker fantasies...

Anywhoo... do stop by the Color Room and check out this most recent release, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed it!

27 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Me thinks that you have a very big stash, girlie! LOL! But this is one adorable pages .. with adorable, happy girls! Love it! I too think that you have found your signature thing and it looks awesome!

Alice Wertz said...

really love your banner title and the border/row of layered elements. super cute layout, Jing-Jing! ha! i used to have the same sticker issue, too. LOL! i think i might still have some from my childhood that i still can't bare to use...

Kim said...

man TOTALLY TOTALLY LOVE your banner/heading it totally rocks Jing JINg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jocelyn said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE these colors and even LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this LO more!!!

What adorable little ones and I love the elements on the page!!! YOU did a Fabulous Job!!!

Wishing you a great weekend!!!

Larajc said...

cute page! Love the banner title!

Nathalie said...

Oh, I LOVED stickers as a kid too! I even collected them! :D Your page is fantastic! I love the design and the fun look that you created with all the stickers/embellishments!

Keri said...

Great take on this bright, fresh, happy palette...definitely SO you, girl!
Love the varied banner shapes and the layered labels!

sarah said...

BEAUTIFUL much?! I think so. Love this page!

how have you been?!

hugs,
sarah.

Karen B. said...

Whatever happened to those Mrs Grossman stickers? Di we all use them up in our sticker journals? Great layout, so bright and fun and you have some beautiful girls!

Maryfrances said...

Hey Jing-Jing...great layout. Love all the little goodies you added to your page! Hope you are well?

Anthea said...

what a gorgeous colour combo and Layout!! Totally loving that title!

jamie said...

frankly, i have always loved your way with layering your stickers, labels and what not. you should declare it 'your thing'! you may need to make your own with your current project that is stumping you.
~j

Lydia said...

You and me both!!! I love working with the bright and fun colors!!! Love this layout and all the great banner shapes!!

Virginia L. said...

Wow! Are these colors gorgeous! You rock with this layout (well, all layouts really!). I love love everything about it! Thanks for the eye candy!

Tanya Tahir said...

LOVE your use of stickers here! It is such a cute photo of your girls - who cares what they are wearing ;)

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement on my blog - it means so much to hear it from you, one of my biggest scrapping idols!!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Your girls are so adorable! Loving all the beautiful layers and details on this happy, colorful page, Jing-Jing!

Beth Hallgren said...

You are the queen of layering...I bow to you :))That palette is gorgeous! I might have to find time to do thisone.

Patricia said...

Hello, this phot is adorable and I love the bees.. too cute!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love it Jing-Jing!!!
Pure eye-candy<3

teacher jessy said...

Definitely of my fav layouts of urs!! I love the ur take on the colors and the choice of papers! The clustering on the left is beautiful. Wow!

Deana said...

Oh my gosh... that page is GORGEOUS! Just STUNNING! My new fav JJ Nickel page for sure!

Pearl said...

oh my ! love this color combo & what you've done here ! so much wonderful details !

Christie Bryant said...

Fantastic, gorgeous, lovely! I LOVE this layout and I adore your sticker stacking.

Emily Leiphart said...

OMG, this has to be my favourite layout of yours ever. The photo, the colours, the layers, they all amaze me! You are so inspiring!!

Small Garden Design said...

cute page! Love the banner title!
backyard design

Belinda said...

Love the banner title heading! So cool! Totally cute layout! Yeah I totally collected stickers as a kid and I still have some that I found the other day. Just stuck them onto my husband for fun -- he didn't seem to appreciate the stickers as much!

Johni said...

Fantastic.! This has to be my favourite layout of yours ever. The photo, the colours, the layers, they all amaze me! You are so inspiring!!

los angeles fumigation