Friday, May 27, 2011

Sweet Six & Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I haven't been very good with putting published projects up on the blog, and I do have a small back log, so I will just start with this little mini-album that I created using Midnight Rooster's kit sometimes last summer.  This was published in Create: Mini-Albums 2010.

I still haven't scrapped a single layout of her last birthday.  I find these photos just too full of clutter and that's one of the reasons I turned to a mini-album.  I need to do a better job of scrapping celebrations, holidays, etc.

This mini was the first time that I really incorporated using fabric.  I received these adorable two pieces in the Midnight Rooster kit and just used Helmar Quick Dry adhesive and glued it directly onto the Maya Road chipboard album.  Thankfully, it's not like I'm making a piece of clothing. It's amazing how glue and scotch tape can hold fabric together :)


Well, she wraps up another school year in just a few days.  Growing like a weed, there are clothes that I bought for her only months ago that are short on her already.  We'll be clothes shopping for sure after a summer of swimming and playing in the sun!

The long weekend is upon us!  I plan to do some scrapping, but I first must go find my mojo.  Just want to give a shout out to BFF Jessy who is running a half marathon on Sunday.  Godspeed!  Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Memorial Day to you!

27 comments:

Stacy Cohen said...

This is absolutely darling!!! Hope you have a great long weekend!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

just gorgous! Love this.

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous mini! love love the fabric cover. i would never thought of doing that. super work as always. looking forward to seeing more of your pubed works! =) have a fabulous weekend!

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous mini! love love the fabric cover. i would never thought of doing that. super work as always. looking forward to seeing more of your pubed works! =) have a fabulous weekend!

Sue said...

that's one cute fabric covered mini.

Pearl said...

Have a super Memorial Day weekend !!! Great fabric cover for the mini the pics are just adorable !!!

alexandra s.m. said...

c'est tellement MIGNON!
Bravo ;-)

Tanya Tahir said...

this mini is awesome!!! Love love love every detail!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous mini album, Jing Jing! I think this is the perfect solution for busy photos. And I'm with you, I have a hard time scrapping birthday, holiday, fair, etc. photos because there's just too much going on. Thanks for the inspiration.
And I hope you guys have a fabulous holiday weekend!

Teresa Wilson Rogers said...

The mini-album is so sweet and amazing. I can't believe how fast your daughter is growing - I feel like I have been watching her grow up! BTW, saw your "Pick Strawberries" mini-album in the June 2011 Scrapbook Trends just yesterday. Congratulations!

Nadhrah Maidin said...

wooohoo..such a cuteness album. your fabric cover is just awesome idea.

scrapbookertink said...

Super cute mini album, love it.

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely precious and darling!! Cherish the moments as they do grow up like weeds! Have a sweet weekend!

Helena said...

Cute!

Rbarakat said...

Oh my gosh this is adorable!!! I hate scrapping birthdays and holidays too! they are so busy and not usually good pic ( at least mine aren't good! LOL!)

sweet craf-tea chick said...

super duper cute, JJ! love it! thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Tracy said...

Love your mini album.
I agree our children grow up too fast :(

Jennifer Larson said...

Gorgeous, as always. You are the Jedi Master at minis!

Are you going to CHA? Let me know if you are!

teacher jessy said...

Sigh... at one mo, I thought I was the BFF... lol!! Just teasing you. The layout is just FAB and congrats on the pub! Love the cover for sure & those details in the inner page is lovely :)

Christie Bryant said...

Such a sweet album! Your daughters are so lucky to have a mom that documents their life so beautifully.

Charlene said...

Darling!!!!!! You are so dang talented Jing Jing!!!! I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend and are enjoying the help (Parents) lol!!!

Karen B. said...

Your mini album is fabulous! I love the colors.

Janetcraft said...

wow what a stunning projects...!!! I love it Loveit loveit!!!!!!!

Keshet said...

This is so so cute, JJ! Love!

Mandie said...

OOOOOOH!!! fabulous!

Emily Leiphart said...

Cute, cute, cute! I adore that fabric and I love how you made a Sweet Six album.

Courtney K said...

this is the cutest mini album ever!!