Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Remember

Current events had never before moved me to scrapbook until this past week. It was a moment to take pause, to reflect, and to remember.  "Whatever it is or will become, this is a moment to take notice. That much is clear." - Candy Crowley, CNN Chief Political Correspondent

I'm not going to say a lot more other than what I wrote in the journaling. I will say that I celebrated National Scrapbook Day by finishing this layout this past Saturday. It's been a while since I created a layout just for me, and that was a lot of fun :)

I used an assortment of patterned papers for this layout: Basic Grey, Jenni Bowlin, WRMK, and retired Scenic Route.  The "remember" are stickers from an October Afternoon element sticker sheet.  The white letters and heart are from Doodlebug. I also painted a Scenic Route chipboard star blue, using acrylic paint, boy it's been a while!  Again going all out, I inked the edges of the blue star!  lol.

I think my favorite part of this layout is the color scheme once I decided to start with WRMK - Old Glory. I feel We R Memory Keepers is just one of these manufacturers who crank out amazing collections one after another, never flashy in its marketing, but always completely solid in its products!  I've been a fan and collector for several years now :)  

I always thought the JBS' Be Our Guest would be an amazing collection for USA related projects and I was right. I can't wait to use this color and patterned paper combination again for other Americana layouts in the future.

23 comments:

Tanya Tahir said...

You know, I am not American but I remember watching the tv live as the second plane hit and I remember having those same feelings. I couldn't believe it had really happened. One of the first things I did when I travelled to NYC was visit ground zero. I visited the museum and I cried. I couldn't help it. It was a very moving experience being there at the site. I would love to scrap it but I didn't know where to start so those photos remain unscrapped for me. Very inspiring layout.

Sue said...

This is just so beautiful Jing Jing.

Jocelyn said...

What a wonderful LO...I love the journaling.....the tribute...and YAY for scrapping this!!!!

The papers and colors are Fabulous...You are so very talented!!!

Wishing you a great week sweet friend!!!

Karen B. said...

What a powerful layout.

Kim said...

very beautifully and heart felt written.....

Teresa Wilson Rogers said...

Jing-Jing, your layouts never fail to amaze and inspire me!

Keri said...

What treasured journaling to scrap, Jing-Jing...I've definitely never dared to document that day, the fear and the uncertainty and anger and shock...not being able to get a hold of my sister who lived and worked in NYC at the time...I really should.
Thanks for the meaningful inspiration today, it's a lovely, powerful layout.

Chantal said...

WOW. This is incredibly moving, Jing-Jing! I'm almost speechless.

xo

Charlene said...

WOW that brought instant tears to my eyes...I feel all those things. Yay! for thinking to document it...A VERY powerful and moving LO done beautifully!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful layout and journaling. I made a page about September 11 five years ago. It's an important thing to document in our books. It's changed life so much. Very touching what you've created here, Jing-Jing.

deana said...

Completely awesome... the design, the photo, the product. LOVE it. It inspires me to make a page about my memories of all this.

Rbarakat said...

This is fantiastic and inspiring Jing Jing!

liana suwandi said...

That's so wonderful JJ. Love your journaling and the tribute on this!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Most meanigful page I've seen a long time. I love when we take time to go deep like you have with this one! God bless America!

Pearl said...

awesome journalling ,my friend !

Good to see folks talking about these historic moments in our lifetime ! ;)

Alice Wertz said...

this is so pretty and classy, Jing-Jing. and just perfect for the subject. there are things that we'll all remember for the rest of our lives and things/acts that can not be forgiven. this is one of them. it was a good day and a good day to reflect. love your layout. hope i could read your journaling a little better though. my eyes are bad and just couldn't read it. talking about getting old.... =)

Melanie said...

Fabulous! I love how you recorded your feelings and your personal events of that day. I have yet to do that, and need to. It was a very emotional day for me.

I love the look of your layout as well--those JBS products worked perfectly.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is a very moving layout, JJ. I've never seen anyone scrap that moment in history and I love that you remembered it this way.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

WOW...What a great page to remember this moment in history. Beautiful page. :)

Christie Bryant said...

Such a beautiful LO. Your journaling is amazing. I don't think that there is one of us that will forget 9/11.
This layout is what scrapbooking is about, what an amazing memory to share as part of your personal history.

xoxo

Keshet said...

Beautiful, JJ! What a great idea for a layout!

alexandra s.m. said...

very beautiful and moving Jing-Jing!
Thank you ~

Audrey Pettit said...

Really, really beautiful page, Jing Jing. I love that you scrapped this topic. :)