Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hometown Summer Continues...

Maybe if I continuously post projects using Hometown Summer, the weather will catch my drift and actually warm up? Normally, our tulips would have flowered and withered by this point, but the weather is acting as if we skipped spring entirely and went straight into autumn!

In less than two weeks, my parents will be back in our basement.  The kids are pretty excited since they usually get a ton of new books and other things upon their return (candy, ugh!).  First Born specifically asked for a Qipao, a traditional Chinese dress. My dad's first reaction on the phone was... "I'm not sure they have these for kids." Seriously?  Is it kinda like there's no cowboy hats for kids in Texas?

Here are a couple more projects using Work in Progress kit featuring Hometown Summer. Second Child really enjoyed the water slide on the cruise ship.  She played on that thing for hours at a time.  On the first day, she still wasn't sure about the water, the slide, but by the second day, she was fish in water.  Her sister was too busy going up and down on the big slide, but this little one was just perfect for her :)


The title is cut from the "Graphically Speaking" cartridge.  The water park on the cruise ship was actually named "Water Works." Perfect!  I also cut out some waves and stacked them on top of each other.  I used the same paper as the background so it fades into it, a little bit subtle, perhaps too subtle. I should have inked its edges :)

Here is a fun card using SRM Stickers sentiment. Just to be clear, dear weather, this card is not for you!  You haven't been great whatsoever!  But seriously, how cute is that little dude on the skate board?  Check out his specs, lol, so adorable!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope your week is going well.  I will be back with a Color Room layout next!  It's been a while!

26 comments:

Christie Bryant said...

Such a fantastic layout and card! You are such a wonderful designer and I LOVE this line!

I feel the same way about the weather here in Idaho...where are my tulips?

Nathalie said...

Oh la la !!! Je craque compl├Ętement pour ta page. J'ADORE les couleurs, la mise en page, tout quoi!!!

Karen B. said...

A fun layout, and your little one sure looks like she sure had fun too! I agree, I think summer has skipped over us stately neighboors.

Shirley said...

Love them! Tulips are still up here but then it's been a crazy spring. Not sure where your parents are but they have cheongsam for girls. My parents got some in HK before.

Rhonda Merry said...

Love it all JingJing. Cute product and cute projects!

Virginia L. said...

You rock with these paper! Love your bright-colored layout, not everyone can do as well as you (especially moi) , my friend!! And as for the Qipao, I think you can get the kiddie ones in major China town here in North America, but it's not the same! Hope your parents can find a source...if not, the girls will be wearing the adult size in a few years before you know it!! I adore that SRM sticker card! Totally CUTE!!

deana said...

I am loving what you did with that line SO MUCH. And how cute is that little girl sticker wearing the floaties & the swim goggles?! Love it!

Tracy said...

Your layout is so cute. I love it :)
That is a fun card :)

alexandra s.m. said...

ARGH! You're so good it hurts!
Love the L.O and the dimension you were able to create! and the card is so so adorable!

Merci, du beau boulot, une fois de plus!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super fun and adorable. I love the lettering on your sweet layout. :)

Chantal said...

Oh golly gosh this is awesome, Jing-Jing!!! I LOVE your layout - the colours and design are amazing! WOW!!!

Kim said...

oooo how fun and summery is thi s layout, I like your combo of photos and your design totally totally cool!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! SO cute! You do it all, girl. Fabulous layouts, fabulous minis and fabulous cards!

Jocelyn said...

Love these....what a Happy LO and Fabby card!!!! Oh the weather here...is cold...sweatshirt cold....

Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day sweet friend!!!

Keri said...

No Spring here either, what is UP?!? *pout*
LOVE how you framed everything with the number paper, and really REALLY adore the font and paper you chose for the title, looks AWESOME!

Emily Leiphart said...

Adorable layout and card, JJ! I. must.get.a.cutter. Too funny about the Chinese dress! They sell them for all ages here. ;)

Alice Wertz said...

so very fun and delightful! she sure was having a blast!! super projects, Jing-Jing! love them! your girl will look so cute in a Qipao! pictures please if she did get one! =)

Angela said...

send the warm weather this way too!! thanks for the info!! Great layouts (goes without saying!!)

Rbarakat said...

Adorable LO! I love all your summer work! So fun !

Aubree said...

Your use of these papers is nothing less than fantastic! Your layout and card are so fun and playful!!! Great work as always!

Pearl said...

Great work with these creations ! way to go using yr Cricut catridge for the titlework !

jamie said...

i see your cute little guy on that card. see, why did you need me to show it off when you did so splendidly a job on your own!
and seriously...how cute is that happy-go-lucky face going down the slide? that is so adorable. great shot. and great, great layout. i like the cut out letters for sure. assuming it is cricut?
well, here in the rockies the weather is shaping up nicely. join us, won't you?
~j

Charlene said...

What a fantastic LO!!!! I love this line...your going to enable me to get it arent you???? :-) The card is so cute too!!! I hope that you have a spectular Mother's Day!!!!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

You totally rock all the fun, vibrant and colourful lines when let free to create! There is nobody who can crack me up the way you do with your layouts, not to mention your poignant writing!! The little dude in his goggles is one of those little details of yours. Weird weather indeed JJ, we had SNOW up here last week! cheers!

Sue said...

Love the way you work with bright colours, Jing Jing!

Belinda said...

Oh I hope the weather will listen to you! :) What a fun layout though! So many fun bright colors!