Thursday, April 7, 2011

Work in Progress March Projects

It's finally time to share my projects using the March kit from Work in Progress kits!  This kit is full of Echo Park Playground goodies that I absolutely adore!  The colors are bright and cheerful, just the way I like them :) 

The first layout I did with this kit was a 2-pager.  I admit it, this took me an entire weekend.  I don't understand why 2-pagers take me more than twice as much time as two single page layouts, but they do right now...  I think the lack of practice is a major factor.

I take very few pictures in the winter.  For one thing, there is not enough light indoors, and it's too cold to go outside for photos. These were taken from my second story window of her playing in the backyard.  The crazy girl was burying herself in the snow!
I hand-drew this swirly line across the two pages and then stitched using floss that matched DD's coat.  I thought this really tied the two pages together nicely.  The idea came to me when I thought I was done with the layout already :)

So this is my 2-pager, please stop by WIP blog and read the little blogpost I wrote on 2-page layouts and a few scrappers who inspire and amaze me with their 2-pagers!
Next layout... Holy buckets, this is quite the sudden change from sub-zero temperatures and snow in the backyard to slipping and sliding in the backyard, no?  But that's how versatile this kit is!  I just HAD to use those Cosmo Cricket water drops, so I decided the most appropriate photos to go with them were her on the new water slide. 

Lastly, a 'thank you' card using the March kit.  Hopefully, it has found its way to the Color Room blog hop winner Patty Folchert :)

20 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Absolutely awesome! Love the stitching on the first one and the second one is super cool! Good work on the kit!xoxoNadia

Jocelyn said...

Love the JJ!!!!! This line is awesome!!!! That stitching is awesome girlie!!!

Great Kit!!! I am off to check it out!!!

Wishing you a great one!!! :-)

scrapopotamos said...

That 2-pager is inspiring! But your daughter? She is CRAZY!!!!! LOL!

Larajc said...

adorable as always! I love your card! Cute as a button!

Keri said...

Love the cut-out splashes on the slip-n-slide page, and using the Playground products for a Snow page is awesome, so clever, love it! :)

Jessica said...

Awesome pages! I LOVE that two pager- I may have to lift it! :)

Aubree said...

Fantastic 2-pag!! I agree, that hand stitched swirl across the two pages really brings it together!!

Christie Bryant said...

Fantastic layouts! I love the hand stitching - especially fun that it was an afterthought. Your cards is adorable too!

deana said...

Another amazing 2-pager that will be "out for pub" soon, I'm sure! Gorgeous, gorgeous work as always! You are the best! :-)

Karen said...

love these projects- that first LO is so fun :)

Alice Wertz said...

so fun! your hand stitched swirl is fab in the first one and the water drops are the perfect accent for your second layout. you are amazing, girl! super projects!

teacher jessy said...

I would prob take many weeks to finish that 2 pager. Lol! I still can't brave myself to create that. Bravo to you & it looks really good!! Awesome work for the second one too!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hi, JJ! Love your 2 pager .. why do I never do those anymore? But you're right, they take longer .. gotta matchy match the both of them. for Love the stitching .. fab swim page ... btw .. I don't ake many winter photos either . for all the same reasons!

Karen B. said...

Love your layouts, and the diversity in both the design and the seasons, wow! And that card, well, the card is too sweet!

Belinda said...

So sweet! Love the stitching, the cur out splashes, the use of the unique products for a snow page! :) So fun!

Re: your comment - Heh, I guess it depends on how you look at it. ;-) Not sharing over the internet yet (at least not in any public forum ;-)

alexandra s.m. said...

Waouh! Je suis emerveillée par ta capacité à exceller dans tous les domaines! Ta page double est formidable ainsi que la simple et puis tes cartes sont toujours magnifiques!

merci pour ce partage!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Darling projects, JJ! I love the hand stitching (let me know what needles you use 'cause my embroidery ones make big, ugly holes in my cardstock) on the double-pager and the water drops are so perfect for the second layout. I love seeing your rare cards-this one is adorable!

deborah said...

absolutely adorable creations with the kit , my dear !!

yyam said...

Okay, I think two-pagers are challenging...you've done a fab job! Love the happy colors and the stitching to tie everything together!

Really lovely projects!

Janetcraft said...

Hey, Jing Jing..FAB hand-drawn stitching go around the layout..
Cool!!!