Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mother of the Flower Girls

This summer, my kids will be flower girls in Sarah and Chris' wedding.  Sarah and her sister were flower girls at my wedding ages ago, so it will come full circle! The kids are so excited about this opportunity! In fact, long before Sarah called them to duty, First Born was drawing herself into the wedding scene and I had to temper her high hopes by throwing away that drawing. This weekend we went dress shopping for the Flower Girls...  Here's to hoping that they don't grow too much between now and the wedding this summer, lol!

The other development is that I am going to host a bridal shower for Sarah!  I've never hosted an official shower before so this will be quite a challenge.  I'm thinking of making the invitations myself, oy vey, I really need to figure out a design that won't be too exhausting.  You know the most interesting thing of it all... even though I have an Everest pile of supplies, to produce 20 identical invitations... I might have to get some duplicates! What a strange thought that is!  I'm also thinking a banner, cards for prizes, a mini-album for the bride, etc etc.  I got my work cut out for me!  Oh yeah, there's cake and food, but that's easy, the immigrant workers my parents will be back, and they will be in charge of that, lol. 

Now onto scrappy stuff... here is a layout I did using 3 Scrappy Boys April Trio kit. I love these bright colors together and DH is indeed certifiably yummy **big grin**  Seriously, the kids get their good looks from him.  Too bad they couldn't get his blue eyes, lol.




Once upon a time, you wouldn't catch me dead layering like I do today!  It's wasteful!  Now, I can't use enough Helmar Zapdots to prop everything up so I can add just one more layer.  Even so, it might not look like a lot of layers to you, but it is to me!  I love Studio Calico's stickers, their colors are so vivacious!  I also adored these Maya Road half circle chipboards. I wish I have more of those, I can think of so many things to do with them!
Yep, a heart on J :) my Mr. Right, who is all too patient with my incessant and obsessive scrapbooking. 
That's it to wrap up this weekend.  Tomorrow is back to the trenches, after all, supplies have to be earned, one way or another!

34 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh my gosh... Your line about the immigrant workers killed me!!!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!!!

Super cute layout!
I have layering issues.. do not like big puffy scrapbooks!!!! Same with cards.. they have to be able to fit into the stinkin' envelope!!!

TTFN!

Sue said...

Oh what fun to be in charge of the wedding shower, Jing Jing. You're going to be great at it. I'd love to see all your creative touches on it. :) And both your girls are going to be flower girls? How sweet is that? Oh and thanks for your get well wishes on my blog. I need them. :)

Keri said...

LOVE this, love the heart on the J, the journaling strips, and the use of the SC sticker! You're too self-deprecating, though, girl, HE made a fine catch too, and is super-lucky to have YOU!!! :)

Pearl said...

wow ! go you with the shower preparations ! woot ! & no fear ! your girls can easily have any color eyes once they are teens or adults - colored contacts, baby ! lol .

Fab layout with the EP !!!

Tracy said...

Awww your girls will be adorable flower girls.
My SIL is putting a shower on for my hubby's neice. Funny now as I am doing the party favours, the diaper cake, asked to make a baby album and the games, lol.

deana said...

Something tells me that the invites, decor & everything else about the shower will be perfect! You'll be the hostess with the mostess! Can't wait to see photos of the beautiful flower girls, too!

Another stunning page! Loving your layering & pop dots for sure!

Have a great week! :-)

Courtney said...

awww - what a sweet layout.

and you are totally going to rock the bridal shower!!

Barb P said...

Good luck on the wedding shower and being the mother of the Flower Girls.I love your layout and all of that layering!

LisaW said...

My daughter will be a flowergirl in November and I can't wait to go dress shopping with her!! I hosted a shower last year and ended up getting the invites from Tiny Prints. Excellent value...especially when it looked like the bride wanted 60 invitations!! Good luck JJ.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, JJ. I'm sure that your shower invitations and decor will be spot on perfection. But as to your layout .. not too layered for me .. my albums bulge as you might know and that is fine by me. Love seeing Mr Right pages .. not enough of us admit that!

curlyqmosaics said...

I love your layout! Very cute & fun!

Virginia L. said...

Wooohoo! I see more flower girls' pages coming! YAY! I was so looking for the Helmar stuff at the Scrpfest yesterday.. still didn't see any! I love your layerings and layout! FABULOUS!!!!

teacher jessy said...

You gonna do awesome with the shower! With ur expertise in scrapbooking these are easy peasy!! You go girl!!

Layout is beautiful as always. Love how u played with the kit!

Nadhrah Maidin said...

your color placement always been very nice. I love it jing jing. Thanks for visiting my blog and leave comment. but u visited my shop blog. Here is my personal blog..http://www.chunot76.blogspot.com/

Charlene said...

You are too funny! Love this LO with its bright colors and I laughed abot the layers, I love the look, but lots of product lol!! Your girls will make adorable flowers girls and you will have lots of adorable picture to scrap :-)

Alice Wertz said...

love the colors in this! love how you used the half circles. fab design as always. LOL! love how you described your loving parents, too! ahhhh... i bet that will be some super yummy food! =)

Alia said...

I know the shower will go great!! :) Such a sweet LO!

Jocelyn said...

You are toooooooooooooo funny!!! I just adore your Blog!!!

Love that LO...SUPER DUPER it is!!!!

Wishing you a great week sweet friend!!!

jazsutra said...

Have fun at the wedding JJ and i just know that your kids will look sooo pretty as the flower girls ;)

and that page, ...itz cool!!

love
jaz

Janine K said...

Oooh your two little girls will look so super cute as flower girls!! Gorgeous LO and the layers do suit you style now! :)

scrapopotamos said...

Very nicely done, that Mr. Right. And sooo jealous that you weren't in charge of my shower! Maybe I will get married again! I vote for you to be maid of honor this time!

Aubree said...

Love the layout!! You did a fantastic job using and highlighting all of the fun elements of this kit!

Feel free to throw me some special party when you are out in August!! I want a mini-album! :)

Rhonda Merry said...

It's nice to have a mr. right. mine is patient with my scrap happy mess of a dining room. awesome LO JingJing.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a super adorable layout, Jing Jing! I love that paper line, and you are rocking the layers. I absolutely love me some patterned papers, so this is right up my alley!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. :)

Keshet said...

I adore this layout!

Rhonda Merry said...

Oh!Please...i am not the published girl. and I saw your 2 FPK projects. I love your work. But thank you for the kind words. :)

Jennifer Larson said...

Oh, wow, your final comment applies to my husband too! Love how you used the SC. Gorgeous!

Chantal said...

Oh yeah this is totally rockin'!!! I think layering rocks too! Looks totally freakin' awesome! WTG!

Mandie said...

love, love, love this layout, jing jing!

Christie Bryant said...

What a 'love'ly layout! So cute. You know that I love the layers!

Fun for your girls to be flower girls! Can't wait to see photos this Summer!

Kim said...

ooooo way soo cool jing Jing, the layering the design, those circles....all just perfect!

ellen s. said...

love how you used those rubons!!!

have fun making shower arrangements....i would include wine in that equation somewhere ;)

Emily Leiphart said...

You're hilarious, Jing-Jing, calling your parents migrant workers and how you wish your girls got your hubby's blue eyes. Yup, I thought the same to myself - wish my baby got his Dad's hazel eyes. Heehee. What does your hubby think of this layout? LOL I love it and it doesn't look like it has as many layers as some of your other layers but it's still fantastic nonetheless!

Eila Sandberg said...

Been stalking your blog for some flower girl layouts, had to be stinkin cute your little sweet peas! Told you I just crack up reading your writing, chuckling all the way through your blog post about the tenants in the basement! :))