Sunday, April 3, 2011

If You Love to Eat Korean Food, Clap Your Hands

This month, I have the privilege of guest designing for 3 Scrappy Boys using its Trio kit.  It is a delightful mixture of Studio Calico, Echo Park, and JBS papers and a big pile of fun embellishments.  I think I really love the primary colors in the kit and the layouts seem to flow forth so effortlessly.

I had the rare opportunity to eat at a Korean restaurant and with Lucy Edson during my visit to L.A. for CHA.  I finally had the photo to scrap a page that is "about me" if you will.  For those who might be concerned, the food was about to be cooked at our table, hence the raw meat.  Believe me, I was way too busy eating once the stuff was cooked to take pictures! lol.

I used the Pagoda cartridge to cut out this bowl and chopsticks.  The little red strips are Studio Calico stickers that I halfed to make them even thinner.  I approve the Asian elegance in my color choices *grin*
These letters are cut from a sheet of Studio Calico paper "Step Right Up." I adhered them with Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive to some Bazzill naked chipboard pieces and then trimmed and sanded them down.  It's like getting a full set of alphabet in one sheet of patterned paper, love that!

I also want to share a couple of videos I have done recently. I make some fabric flowers after stiffening up the fabric using Helmar's Fabric Stiffener & Draping Liquid.  It is a little messy but the results are very worth it!  You can see the fabric flower on this layout.  

In this video for Shimmerz, I use my favorite Coloringz colors to make a sunburst paper imitating one from Sassafras.  It's a little long, but I think you would get the idea quickly after just a couple of minutes :) 

That wraps it up for today from me.  Monday is just one sleep away... where did the weekend go? sigh...

31 comments:

Janine K said...

Fabulous page JJ and you can keep your raw meat picture!! Glad they cooked it for you! LOL!

Karen B. said...

Sounds really yummy... Your videos are always spectacular and fun and informative as well.

Keri said...

I, too, approve the Asian elegance in your color choices *grins bigger* ;)
Gorgeous page with a gorgeous kit...love the bowl&chopsticks diecut, really cute and chic!

Alia said...

Oh what a cute page! Love the little chopsticks and bowl, and such great journaling too!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Adorable page! Loved your videos .. I haven't used any fabric stiffener in years! So glad to be reminded of that .. might be some flowers in my future!

Mina974 said...

Fantastic layout JJ!! I think I would love to aet Karean food too!!! Bisous

deana said...

Oh my goodness. I learn so many cool things from your videos! Awesome masked sunburst page...can't wait to see what you do with it! And I love, love that Korean food page. That bowl & chopsticks are just perfection! I'm clapping for your work and all kinds of food (especially th kind I don't have to cook!). :-)

Charlene said...

Cute LO Jing Jing! I have never tried Korean food, but will have to :-) Love the bowl and chop sticks! Awesome!!!

Tanya Tahir said...

ooo I love the bowl and chopsticks! I love Korean bbq too - we have a few of those restaurants here where the food is cooked at your table. Yummmm...I'm hungry now!

Congrats on the OA GDT too - awesome stuff!!! :)

Pearl said...

oooo yeah ! love me some Korean table bbq anyday ! & ginseng chicken soup and and .....lol

Wonderful Asian elements with the Cricut !

Larajc said...

as always, wonderful layout!

Kim said...

OOOO Gosh this i sust awesome I LOVE LOVE LOVE hwat you have done with the letters, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ellen s. said...

love love the layout! and that core...wahooo!

and congrats over at OA! WOOOOOOT!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your Page Jing Jing and videos!
so professional and informative!
alors maintenant je crois bien que ce produit est mieux que la "spray" que j'utilisais...a essayer donc et puis excellente idée que ce "sunburst"

Bravo!!
Fantastic work!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super fun page. Love the adorable bowl and chopsticks. :)

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME vidoes, Jing-Jing! I love your fun and creative videos--as always! Again, I'm sold! I need to get that Helmar goodness! Those fabric flowers are gorgeous!! BTW I love Korean food ,too! I love Kim-chi! WEll, I pretty much love anything that is food -related (LOL), of course, YOUR page!

liana suwandi said...

really fabulous, now you make me wanna eat korean :) slurp

Alice Wertz said...

clapping here! =) such a fun layout and really like the bowl and chopsticks details and your handmade chipboard letters. fabulous work. off to watch those videos! =)

Keshet said...

You are one BUSY lady! The layout looks delicious:) Are you going to winter CHA, too?

teacher jessy said...

I love the videos!! Thanks for sharing awesome tips there. Love the bowl & chopstick you created in the layout :)

Emily Leiphart said...

JJ, my mouth started watering when I read the journaling! LOL I just had breakfast and now I'm hungry again. This layout is so fun and I love those colours. The chipboard letters you made out of pp are awesome and I love the bowl with chopsticks, too. I was trying to figure out if the main background is stamped or if it's pp 'cause it's gorgeous! Thanks for the awesome videos, too. This is all so perfect.

Kryssi said...

*CLAP CLAP CLAP* The bowl and chopsticks are such a fun touch! Love this layout!!

Aubree said...

oh we MUST go out for Korean when you are in town!! Love the bright layout and the way you used the letter paper for your title! Awesome design!

Debbie said...

Two great videos!!! Definitely need some of the fabric stiffener!!! I already have the die. Your layout is so colorful. Love the lettering!!

jamie said...

your korean layout IS adorable. (spoken like chandler bing).
diggin' those chopsticks.
you are simply the bees knees.
~j

Debbi Tehrani said...

Ooh! Love me some Korean BBQ! Seriously cute page, Jing-Jing! How adorable are that bowl and chopsticks! You are so clever!

Christie Bryant said...

OK. Firstly, your Korean Food layout is FABULOUS!!! Second, love the fabric tutorial and thirdly, you ROCK the Shimmerz girl!

Karen said...

The page is awesome and loved the videos- I think I am gonna have to try out the fabric stiffener- and I Need that die :P

PattyO22 said...

I am new to your blog but you are one of my favorite scrapbookers! Love you layouts and the Korean BBQ layout is awesome. I am Filipino but have access to lots of great Korean food. It's so delicious. Keep up the great work and thank you for your new videos.

Belinda said...

*Clap clap!* :) What a fun layout and when I'm home I'll have to watch the video! :) Such a cute page and i love the chopsticks!

Lydia said...

Really Beautiful layout Jung Jing love the Core!! Also great tutorial using the fabric stifener!! :)