Friday, April 8, 2011

The Color Room Palette 53

It's Friday, yay, and I have another project on the October Afternoon blog.
Meanwhile, a new color palette by the Color Room was released and here is my take on palette 53.  This palette was really challenging upon first look.  Then I reminded myself that I can focus on just a couple of colors and use the rest sparingly.  That made this layout come together rather quickly.  I used a frame from Laina Lamb's DigiKit - Favorite Frames to cut the top note shape out of the MME papers.
Who knew picking apple would be such hard work?  Second Child used all of her strength to pull down on the apple. The whole tree shook mightily upon releasing the apple...
Now onto the most exciting part about this layout, I am really stoked about these flowers...  They are cut using Laina Lamb's Rolled Flowers digi-kit. I will try to contain my enthusiasm but they are ama-freaking-zing!  Seriously, they are unbelievable.  You cut the flowers and you roll them up and they look so so so good!  They are a little on the bulky side of things so I loosened up the roll a bit and tried to flatten them out as much as I can. Seriously, if this flat woman can handle it, so can you! I added the little primas next to them, oh for cute, lol...
That is for this Friday morning, a few more hours and then it's the weekend!  woo + hoo !

28 comments:

Jules said...

woohooo for weekends!! love these layouts jing jing and don't get me started on those flowers. Ama-freaking-zing! lol ... love them! x

scrapopotamos said...

Ok, Jing Jing, now roll me up some flowers and send them to me so my pages look half as good as yours. Try as I might my rolled flowers never come out that nice?

jamie said...

your enthusiasm exudes all over your blog. you will have to do a little tutorial on those flowers. some of us need details.
the layout is dreamy and beautiful.
~j

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Jing Jing!!

Chantal said...

Super awesome work, Jing-Jing!!! I love those flowers - and I don't even like flowers much! So that's saying something! I REALLY love your take on TCR palette... so inspirational - totally awesome! :D

deana said...

Girl, I am telling you what. You have completely outdone yourself with OA this month. If they don't invite you to be on their DT, something is very, very wrong.

FANfreakinTASTIC work!

Have a great weekend!

irene moira said...

sweet Amelie.. gorgeous LO, jing2..
o how i miss TCR.. hehehe.. i feel like i'm not flowery enough, compared to the other members, hehe..
yet, it's still fresh in my mind, once, u post a comment for my LO, i copied it to my desktop and i read it again n again, to cheer me up on tat tough day..

Sandi Cl~ said...

Loving all this week's pages .. you are on such a roll .. and so funny about those gorgeous flowers! I LOVE the TCR pallette this time and hope to find time to play .. working on a BIG project first! TGIF!!

Aubree said...

This is Gorgeous!! Did you use your new cartridge for the bracket cut? I adore those flowers!! Now if only I had a digital cutter!!

aina said...

Beautiful LO, and yesss the flowers is amazing too!! Wish you a great weekend :-)

Jocelyn said...

Just stunning....wowza...those colors are Fabby!!! I love all the patterns and the flowers and embellies!!! JUST SWEET!!!

Wishing you a great weekend sweet friend!!!

Karen B. said...

Entirely way too sweet.

Julie said...

fabulous page!! you rock girl!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is absolutely stunning, Jing-Jing! Your daughter is so cute and I love the 'fancy that' chipboard. Cute!! The details are amazing and thank you for the tip on focusing on a couple of colours and using the rest sparingly.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous, JJ! Those flowers are so awesome! Gotta look into those! Fantastic job with the colors!

curlyqmosaics said...

This is so beautiful! Love all those gorgeous flowers and that soft aqua paper is so dreamy!

Alice Wertz said...

what a gorgeous layout, Jing-Jing! yummy yummy colors and LOVE all the details. love your layout over at the OA blog, too. your girls are such cuties!! =) fabulous work, girl! yeah, that means EVERYTHING!! =) have a fabulous weekend!

Nathalie said...

Elle est trop trop belle cette page Jing-Jing! Tes fleurs sont superbes et les couleurs sont fantastiques, sans parler des photos de ta fille... le tout est vraiment d'une beauté!!!!!!

Christie Bryant said...

So, so fabulous! Gorgeous!

Ange said...

Gorgeous lo! The flowers are awesome!!

MamaJ said...

Love the flowers! :) And I like how they give an extra pop to everything!

Heather Jacob said...

wooooowwww!!!!! this is totally amazing absolutely lovin' all of this page ... you have done an awesome job of this palette .... a real stunner .... big hugz x

Kim said...

this is just delish, I adore your handmade flowers and your little touches are just perfect!

Linda Beeson said...

I am so in love with the colors of that layout! What an amazingly soft look and CUTE flowers.

Pearl said...

the Potrait line is definitely spot on for this palette ! I think I will be trying rolled flowers more after seeing yr layout here ! lol

Patricia said...

Gorgeous!

Sue said...

love love love this layout, Jing Jing!

Fryne said...

amazing!!! love it totally!!!