Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Body Pump

I began going to the Body Pump classes at the YMCA last fall and I confess that I'm completely addicted.  For starters, my thighs have never been huger.  Jay was the first to notice, as apparently my muscles were bulging out of my jeans.  He also points out that this class is not designed to help me lose the donut around my waist, and at this point, I'm okay with that.  The class is 60 minutes of pain followed by a day if not two of soreness.  Yet I eagerly look forward to it with a healthy dose of dread :) 

Body Pump also hooks me up with the latest and greatest music!  Sure I listen to my 15 minutes of music on my way to and front work if I'm not listening to sports radio, but I'm pretty sheltered from trendy things that can't be bought at a scrapbooking store.  But now you can catch me listening to Usher, OMG, I say More!  lol. 

One last layout using the 3 Scrappy Boys' April trio kit.  It started out as an attempt to use up some leftover paper scraps and turned into my favorite one of the three.  I particularly like the sticker border I created, layering again, my version of course :)  Try as I may, I just can't get crazy enough with layering like certain other people... and don't think I don't tell her that she wastes products ;)


More Helmar zapdots popping up the elements here and there.  Oh my younger self would so not approve of these bulks! 
I punched out this Q from the Studio Calico Paper "Step Right Up" I'm very proud of this actually... she is a Golden Pig, while that was unintentional, it was, however, intentional that her middle name's initial has a little piggie tail :)  If you are racking your brain trying to come up with a name that starts with Q, rest assured that it is not Quimby, it's a phonetic concoction of her Chinese name. 





Before I head out to Body Pump, sneak peeks have begun for the next Front Porch Kits...  Now off I go...


23 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Bravo pour cette gym! Tu as du courage et du mérite!
Ta page est délicieuse, tous les élèments semblent avoir été posté là où ils devaient etre naturellement!

Bravo ma Copine et aussi bravo pour tes messages en Français! Vraiment tu m'épates!!

Hugs from Lyon ~

Karen B. said...

Bulging muscles must help with your layouts, right? That's why you keep going? Love this layout AND all the bulk.

deana said...

If only she would just give you the leftover product that she's wasting, right? ;-)

The page is simply gorgeous, and your daughter is beautiful. And I'm with you on the popped up embellishments. It does tend to make the scrapbook fill up a lot quicker.

Have fun in your class! :-)

Rhonda Merry said...

Unfortunatly(NOT!), I shop faster then I can layer, so layers become mandatory to keep things in check in my craft space. haha...

Love this LO. It is adorable!

I'm excited about the next FPK reveal too. Chat with you on Friday.

Rhonda

Mina974 said...

So pretty!! J'adore ta page!! Bisous de l'île de la Réunion!!

Keri said...

Love the buttons and pops of yellow here, and the Front Porch peek looks definitely intriguing!
My thighs are already the hugest part of my body :(, so I'll pass on Body Pump, LOL, but let me know if you ever find the magical class that gets rid of the body-donut! :) :)

Tracy said...

Such a sweet layout. That photo is too much, what a sweetie.
I LOVE fast paced music, the faster the harder and faster I walk or work out. But during my Reformer class I don't care that she plays this type of music as I want to sing and dance, lol.

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Aesome to hear about your class. How much fun it sounds like. Keep going !!

Love this layout...she is so cute here. Yes ..priceless phot indeed. Why do kids have all these expressions? LOL..my two are the same. But you know what? Let them keep on having them I say, because soon enough it will dawn on them that they cant act like that ..and then innocence will be lost forever!

Hope you are well, Nadia.

Larajc said...

Keep up the great work with the body pump, so happy that you enjoy it! Exercise is addicting! I could not see your layout, but I just wanted to say, I bet it is another amazing one!

Lene said...

WOW - LOVE this one !So adorable !

Have a nice week !

Christie Bryant said...

Wowzer! You make body pump sound good!
Love the adorable layout!

Debbi Tehrani said...

That is just the cutest photo, JJ! Love all your sweet details and layers! Yeah, you got some layers on there!

Alice Wertz said...

that face is just priceless!! too cute! love your row of wasteful sticker design, too! LOL! fab layout as always, Jing-Jing! gotta get me some zapdots since i am addicted to having dimensions on my cards.... =)

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous layout, Jing Jing! I just adore that border you created. Love the pleated ribbon, too. :)

Nadhrah Maidin said...

the kit are awesome...and with ur touch, it looks so attractive. great work there.

Charlene said...

Would you LOOK at that face?? Priceless lol!!! and the LO?? GORGEOUS!!!

Patricia said...

Beautiful page...

Bente Fagerberg said...

Stunning layout JJ! Love the green and she is just so stinkin' cute. Soo inpressed with the body pumpin'
Take care!

Emily Leiphart said...

This layout is so cute!! I think your layers are perfectly 'you', Jing-Jing! You blog as if you want huge thighs? LOL

teacher jessy said...

I wish I am as determine as you are JJ! I can't even move my butt for the threadmill at home. Lol. That layout is so beautiful. Love the details for sure! Gosh her cheecks!!

Courtney K said...

she's a cutie pie!! love that green background with all the bright colors on top.

Stacy Cohen said...

Love the layering . . . great page!! And kudos to you for your exercise routine (that's a foreign concept to me).

Tanya Tahir said...

I LOVE this layout, the photo is just classic!!! I love Body Pump too - I do it at least twice a week! :)