Thursday, March 10, 2011

You Know That Old Saying...

When a window shuts, the door to the Front Porch opens...
LollyChops and Tracy of the Little Blue House have teamed up to bring you Front Porch Kits.  I am beyond thrilled that they asked me to join their team and I look forward to working some magic with their kits.  The big launch date is March 18 and there will be a kick-off held that night on Ustream live at the Little Blue House in Keller, TX. The full kit contents will be revealed during the show as well as peaks into four complete projects you can make out of this fabulous kit! 

I have seen sneaks, chirp chirp cute :)

I paid a visit to the doctor's office this afternoon because I was getting increasingly worried that it might be strep.  She said strep throat doesn't present in the hoarseness in vocal cords, and that it might be two weeks before I get my voice back completely.  WHAT?!  Already this morning I had to bang on the walls to get the kids' attention!  I asked for a note so I can get out of going to the indoor water park tomorrow, but she gave me codeine instead for my sore throat.  She also told me to rest my vocal cords.  How is that happening when I'm going down the big water slides?!

Before I go, the Color Room's breathtaking palette #49 is up.  I attempted it but I did not finish, grin.
I will leave you with my last Work in Progress Kits layout for March.  The DT members all did something with a floating banner.  Mine was created from the tags included in the kit.  I trimmed them to get the rectangle shape.  Then I used a square corner punch one one end of the rectangle to create this banner shape.  I traced the pieces with a black pen to give them more definition. I could have inked the edges for that matter, but I chose to outline this time. I first adhered the ribbon onto the layer and used Helmar zapdots to layer the banner pieces slightly covering the ribbon piece to hopefully create the banner look. 
That's it folks, wish me luck at the indoor water park, maybe I will just take a couple of codeine and nap there!

30 comments:

sweet craf-tea chick said...

hehe you're too funny, JJ! get well soon and have fun at the waterpark ;p'.
love your LO! wonderful banner and love the mix of DPs you used. thanks for sharing and have a happy aloha friday!
*hugs* steph :)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

LOL @ "when a window shuts.." Thats cute! Sorry to hear you are having throat trouble. Yeah...HOW can you rest your vocal cords when 1- you are at a watr park 2- have kids..??? LOL. Cant wait to see what these new kits are about! How exciting!! CONGRATS on being on the team..Hope you get well soon..:o) Have a great weekend, Nadia.

Jessica said...

seriously stunning layout!

jessicabree

creativesoup.forumotion.com

Sandi Cl~ said...

Sorry you are still on the injured list. Doesn't sound to me like you need to be in the water .. like with other people .. Anyhoo .. I haven't visited the LBH yet but plan to next week .. just a few miles from me. I've been meaning to go but hate the traffic between here and there. Take care, darlin'!

Emily Leiphart said...

Those new colours are beautiful! I became a member of the Color Room thanks to you and I'm learning so much about scrapping from your layouts. Thanks for the awesomeness, Jing-Jing!

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on Front Porch DT!! You are rocking in the scrapboooking world! Love the layout today--so perfecly layered!Have fun @ the water park!

Keshet said...

Oh fun news JJ! Congrats!

Nathalie said...

Your page is super cute and I have just outlined everything on my last page as well (great minds...) ~ I am very happy for you about the Front Porch DT (I was wondering if they were going to have a DT call after I saw the announcement on Lolly's blog...) ~ Congrats!

Tanya Tahir said...

oooo love your layouts!! Congrats on the dt news...I will be eagerly waiting to see your Front Porch projects - who wouldn't want you on their team, you're a STAR!!! :D

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh I love the Lo's and the colors!!! YUMMY!!!

Well I think you should take the pain meds and nap...let everyone else scream down the water slides!!!

Have a great one!! :-)

Pearl said...

o my ! that's a mighty quick door opening ! Sounds great this new kit adventure !!!

All the best with the waterpark outing !!!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super adorable page. Love the banner title. :)

Alice Wertz said...

love love your banner and thank for the tips on how you made it! so clever. super layout as always!! hope you feel better soon and hope you still had fun at the water park!! you could make a paper sign that says "AHHHHH" or "scream" LOL! think that would work while you go down the big water slides? =) have a lovely weekend, my friend!

Linda Beeson said...

That new kit club looks so fun, what an adorable little logo. Your other projects are soooo cute!

Keri said...

Love the banner (used that square punch technique, btw, it rocked!) :-) and love the For the Record goodies.
I will keep my eyes PEELED for your reveal at Front Porch...congrats, CONGRATS!!! I hope someday we get to work together again!
Good luck with the codeine and lost-voice...hope it finds its way home soon!

Julie said...

amazing girlfriend!!! congrats!!

LG said...

Hope you feel better soon. Have a great weekend

alexandra s.m. said...

J'espère que tu ne souffres pas trop!
En tous les cas: Mille Bravos! Tu es incroyable ;-)

angie gutshall said...

Love the bright colors! Such a cute design and cute photos :)

Ange said...

Gorgeous lo! The banner is really fun and I love the scalloped border under the photos.

deana said...

So exciting to hear that a new door opened up for you... ;-). Can't wait to see their debut! I know you'll do amazing things with their kits!

I'll tell you what you told me...take the meds! Hope you feel better soon. I can't think of anything much worse than being at a water park while you're sick. Sending get well wishes and big hus for a quick recovery!

deana said...

Big HUGS, that is...gotta love autofill...:<

Barb P said...

I love that banner!!!!! Your layout is just too stinking cute. Sory about the sore throat and having to go to the water park. Maybe the park humidity will help the throat? Probably not ... Hope you're feeling better soon!

Chantal said...

Astounding as always!!! Love your post title - it reminds me of The Sound of Music!!! :D :D :D You are so super talented and funny too! WTG!

Charlene said...

Well girl I hope your throat feels better soon!! Im starting to get a sore throat and am being agressive in treatment..I dot want to be sick!

Congrats on your new team!! You will postively rock it im sure..as you are awesomEEEEEE :-)

Janetcraft said...

Jing Jing! this layout is FAB! how do you do such beautiful work at ALL times?? You are really a SIFU!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Love your page! So clever how you turned those tags into banners!

Christie Bryant said...

Codine? That will knock you out for sure!

Congrats on the Front Porch gig! You're so talented, they're lucky to have you!

Love the homemade banner and the layout!

Hope you feel better soon!

xoxo

Belinda said...

Way TOO cute! Love the fabulous banner!

Jennifer Yates said...

Hey my DT friend! I hope you are feeling better! I just love your layouts and can't wait to see what you've created for the FPK!! It should be a fun ride! Stay well!!