Sunday, March 13, 2011

Struck Down

The nasty virus had its way with me. I had no idea how bad it was going to get even though I had lost my voice on Thursday.  I suppose being at work made me feel as if things were really not that bad.  Having the doctor tell me that it wasn't strep was another boost.  Then Friday came, the water park day, and I no longer could swallow without the entire body convulsing with it.  All of a sudden the codeine the doctor prescribed seemed ineffective.  My throat was throbbing and each swallow felt like an extremely dull knife determined to cut through it all.  I didn't end up going to the water park, and it was only because Second Child came down with a fever!  I haven't stepped foot outside the entire weekend, and I haven't had much energy to scrapbook.
My little set back aside, this Thursday, the Color Room celebrates its 50th palette, and we are going to have a design team blog hop!  Instead of the typical release at the Color Room, the design team members will be showing the layouts on their own blogs.  I hear rumors of prizes as well :)  I look forward to sharing my project, it's a good one :)


I knew I was saving this layout for a special occasion, and what can be more special than a virus laden weekend, eh?  LOL.  This is actually one of the first layouts I did in 2011. I just never got around posting it here on my blog.  You may have seen my strawberry layouts in the past and know my affinity for strawberry picking and eating.  If you ever wondered what we do with all the summer berries we collect, here is the answer!  DH is a master smoothie maker and we enjoy this tasty treat throughout the year using the berries we freeze during the summer. 


Now after this weekend, I can tell you that the smoothie also has soothing health benefits for your sore throat. Nothing like the silky smooth cold going down my throat helping it out oh-so-temporarily!

I used some SRM Stickers to decorate the edge of the layout.  That bird is from Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird collection.  Can it be cuter? I don't think so!

That's it from me folks.  Be sure to check back on Thursday for the Color Room blog hop!  It will be oh so fun! 

31 comments:

sweet craf-tea chick said...

oh JJ, i hope you feel better soon! please take care and rest.
and your LO is delicious! those smoothies look yummy! makes me want one right now, hehe.
get well soon. big *hugs* steph :)

Pearl said...

Awesome ! all year round strawberries ! woot ! fab layout with the BG !

Get well soon !!!!

Virginia L. said...

So sorry to hear that you didn't make it to the water park...ah well, better get well first, right!? I adore the sweet colors in this one. And that smoothie photo makes me long for summer! My DD and I LOVE homemade smoothie! Excellent use of the SRM Stcikers for the border layout! Delicious!

Kim said...

oooo I love love the birdies singing scattered throughout your layout! so cool!

Karen B. said...

Entirely way too cute, hope you will get better soon.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Well well well ... didn't make it to the water park .. I know you were sooo looking forward to it ..heehee! Seriously, so sorry that you're sick and your little one as well. Sounds like you definitely need to take it easy .. and maybe re-visit the doctor! Anyway, your page is awesome. Also saw a win for you over at Cosmo .. congrats. Take care and let us know how you're doing!

Wati Basri said...

oh no..hope you feel better soon!!
and that smoothie layout is just fab :)

Heather Jacob said...

gorgeous page and that smoothie sure looks yummo!!!!!!!
love the colours and great details ... awesome LO .. hugz x

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh Mince alors!
Je suis navrée de lire que tu ne vas pas du tout mieux!!
en tous les cas ta page est magnifique et moi aussi j'ai hate d'etre à jeudi ;-)

Chantal said...

Oh my - I'm drooling after seeing your scrumdidiliumptious layout! So yummy!!! I'm looking forward to TCR celebrations and yay for prizes! lol! I hope you get better real soon chickie! :D

jazsutra said...

Rest well and get well JJ, Beautiful layout of daddy and daughter ;)
luv,
jaz

Alice Wertz said...

hope you and your girl are feeling better. sending you hugs! love the sweet layout!! mmmm..... those smoothies much be good with the fresh fruits from your garden! can i stop by to have one? =)

Charlene said...

Oh Girl...My daughter has the same thing...sounds like.. She is going to get antibotics today :-) I really hope you and the kids are well soon! I thought maybe she has strep throat..we will see.

what a fantastic LO ...the colors and the pic...sigh...just adorable!

deana said...

Yummo! That smoothie looks delish! So not happy to hear your still not feeling well and now your daughter isn't either! Awful! :-(. Please get well soon....

Sending big, big hugs...

Debbie said...

Love the layout!!! One can never tire of your fabulous strawberry layouts! Hope you get to feeling better soon!!!!

Jennifer Larson said...

Oh, take care! Sorry about the water park. Hope you wee one gets better soon too.

Thank you as always for your kind comments! Once I'm done with grading this week, I'm going to shoot you an email an suggest a scrapping day!

Emily Leiphart said...

I LOVE-Y this layout and I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so awful! I hope you feel better SOON!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Perhaps a little blog award will cure all? :)

Larajc said...

feel better soon! Great layout! Spring is coming, YAY! BTW, are you going to the OA Warehouse sale?

Alice said...

oh, so sorry Jing-Jing... I know how hard it is when mom is sick! glad you have the strawberries to help you through! looking forward to that first red, ripe strawberry this year.... just hoping the ground hog doesn't come back! feel better!

Maria said...

awesome!

http://design-elements-blog.com/

Maria said...

hope you feel better soon. warm hugs

http://design-elements-blog.com/

Christie Bryant said...

I'm so sorry you have been so sick all weekend! What a bummer! I hope you're feeling better...or will soon.

I love your smoothie layout! Just looking at it makes me hungry. YUM!

Hang in there & feel better soon.

xoxo

jamie said...

Bless your heart...that virusy thing is everywhere. Daughter's number two and three have been suffering through the past week. Ready for it to be done.
Gorgeous layouts, JJ...love stopping by!
~j

[[Azura]] said...

beautiful LO!!!
hope you feel better..:)

liana suwandi said...

JJ, I hope you feel better soon, take care yourself, drink a lot of water and take a rest!

Laina Lamb said...

Hope you are better!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Hope you feel better soon! :)
Love your adorable layout. Smoothies are a favorite in our house too. :)

Belinda said...

oh no! Hope your daughter is feeling better! Get well soon! And this layout is just way too fun! LOVE the fun border!

Aubree said...

What a fabulous use of these papers! You are hopefully on the mend by now! With all of your talk of smoothies and yummy looking pixs, I had to run out myself and grab a frozen treat as well!!

teacher jessy said...

Sending lots of healthy vibes to your household! Hope everyone is improving :) Love that layout of yours and what a wonderful way to use the stickers!! Yummo indeed!