Thursday, March 3, 2011

She Sparkles... and I do too a little...

Shout it out from the rooftop, I'm a guest star at Jenni Bowlin Studio Mercantile!!!  I'm not playing this one cool and collected, this is stomping mad insane awesomeness!  I am very proud and pleased with the two layouts I did using JBS's latest Be Our Guest line, the new chipboards, rubons etc. Thank you Jenni and Doris!

This layout used the Color Room palette #48. I thought the soft pink background is entirely too perfect for the palette.  I rarely do layouts without journaling, but in this case, I said all I wanted to say with the title. 
I hand drew the swirls and then handstitched brown floss. I quite adore the end  result.  I used these little pieces of orange felt from Fancy Pants a long time ago.  I added a little more detail by stamping brown ink using a small mist's cap.  I was looking for a stamp that is a tiny circle, but I found the cap to be just as usuful.  And of course, the heart is a JBS chipboard piece covered with JBS paper.  I layered a tag, the title, the button and added a pin.  All layering made possible with Helmar's zapdots. 

Thank you so much for visiting, please check us out at the Color room and try out this beautiful palette :) and thank you JBS again for having me!! 


22 comments:

Nathalie said...

WOOHOOOO! Jing-Jing!!! You rock!!! Ta page est tellement belle!!!! Toutes mes félicitations!!!

Rhonda Merry said...

Very Cute LO. I love this weeks color palette and I am not a big pink/lavender fan. And yes! You both sparkle!

curlyqmosaics said...

This is such a cute/fabulous layout! I love the stitching...so whimsical!

Charlene said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! Yeah JJ!!! That is so COOL!!!!! Did I tell ya COOL!!!!! Awesome LO...love the stiching and the picture is precious!!!!!!!

Blossom inch said...

gorgeous Jing Jing, I like it!

Tanya Tahir said...

this is unreal!! Loooove the white space! You should be proud that is soo so awesome - congrats!! :)

teacher jessy said...

Very beautiful! Love ur brilliant way of thinking!!

Karen B. said...

Congratulations! They should make you a part of their team permanently-this page is soooo cute!

liana suwandi said...

wohoo way to go JJ, love it!!!

Keri said...

Seriously, I really really really love this SO. very. Much. :-)
Congrats on the well-deserved guest spot with JBS!!!

Melanie said...

Congrats! That is SO exciting! I'd be shouting from the rooftops :)

I love your stitching doodles--what a fantastic touch.

deana said...

Well of course they asked you. You are a rock star...

LOVE the page...gorgeous! And the hand-stitched swirls are the perfect finishing touch!

Have a great weekend JJ! :-)

Christie Bryant said...

CONGRATULATIONS JING-JING! I'm so excited for you! I love the beautiful simplicity of this layout! Fabulous!

xoxo

Sandi Cl~ said...

Well, another toot for you, girlie! Love this one to pieces .. such a cute smiley daughter you have. Love your hand stitching .. I still have not done that on a page. I am realy proud to get machine stitching on mine. Great pallette!

Jennifer Larson said...

This LO is absolutely GORGEOUS! No wonder you are a guest star! Congratulations!

sweet craf-tea chick said...

fabulous layout, JJ! love your handstitching, wowee girl! amazing! stunning work as always. thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Kim said...

this is gorgeous , I love that swirly stitching really sets the layout apart!

Emily Leiphart said...

Woohoo! Congrats on your guest spot with Jenni Bowlin. Awesome, awesome! I LOVE this sweet layout. The little circles with felt and the stitched swirls are amazing!!

Stacey said...

Beautiful. I love the stitching! Just fantastic.

Alice Wertz said...

love the layered elements and your hand stitched swirls are fabulous!! love love this super page, Jing-Jing! congrats, too! wow!

Belinda said...

Lovely! :) The swirl is awesome!

Stéphanie said...

félicitations pour être invitée à créer pour Jenni Bowlin, c'est génial !! et c'est bien mérité !!
à bientôt