Monday, March 21, 2011

My Nest and Shimmering Stuff

Here is my third and last project for the premier Front Porch Kits "A Little Bird Told Me."  The gallery is up and I am so glad that I was able to contribute to its awesomeness :)  I seriously adore the Fancy Pants papers featured in this kit, it's so beautiful and easy to use!
I just love these bits and pieces we get in the kit.  I used the yarn and formed this little nest and added the two diecut birds into it.  I used Helmar's Fabric Stiffener on the blue fabric. Once it was dried, I used a My Favorite Things die to make the flower.  I really like the end result of a fabric flower!!  I have a video of me using the fabric stiffener coming up, it's a bit messy but so worth it!!  Lastly, the feathers, lol, should have made a hat and put it in that :) for a card or something, lol.  They look cute on the birdies too :)  
I am working on lots and lots of projects right now, for the WIP kits' sold out March kit and a video for Shimmerz.  I'm hoping it will turn out as I have imagined.  My idea is to use the latest two lines of products from Shimmerz, the Coloringz and Shimmeringz together.  You can now get all of these products at Scrapbook.com
That's it from me for now.  My voice is almost completely back but I was told that the cough is here to stay for a few weeks.  Last time, I coughed for over three months, so a few weeks doesn't sound all that bad!  What can I do eh?

33 comments:

SkyeMJ said...

This is just stunning work!
LOVE the buttons and brights :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Totally awesome design. And that yarn twirled bird nest is brilliant! CAn't wait to see your new videos!

Keri said...

Adore the yarn-nest, the little googly-eyes on the birds, and the fabric-stiffener flower is gorgeous, love the firmer look of it!

Mina974 said...

Wonderful layout!! Love the design of it! Yasmina.

Belinda said...

Oh that nest is brill! :) Glad your voice is back.... even if not completely.

Chantal said...

Oh how gorgeous is this! Love the nest you made - soooo TWEET!!! ;D

Alia said...

Love your use of the buttons and the sweet birdies!

Jocelyn said...

Wow....this is just PERFECT!!! I love the buttons and the colors!!!! What adorable birdies!!!!

Wishing you a great one and now I am off to check out scrapbook.com!!!

Karen B. said...

Can't wait to see your tutorials, you have some of the best out there. Cute layout, the flower is just amazing.

Larajc said...

awesome layout! Glad you are feeling better!

Wati Basri said...

Loving all the little details that I could see here...awesome!

teacher jessy said...

The clustering is gorgeous! Love the birdies and the nest :) and of coz that layout of yours :)

Debbie said...

Just love the use of the yarn for the birds nest! Cute layout!!! Wish the kit hadn't sold out so fast!!

Aubree said...

That nest is awesome and I adore those freathers on your bird!!

Look at you breaking out the sewing machine as well!!

Great layout!

deana said...

Oh, now how CUTE is THAT?! Adorable little nest & birds... adorable little girls, too! :-)

liana suwandi said...

ahhh love the use of button and cute little birdie :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Awwww, this is so, so cute, Jing-Jing!! I love the photo and that soft, soft nest. The googly eyes on the birds just make me giggle!

alexandra s.m. said...

J'aime beaucoup ta page!! et ce petit nid ets tout siplement merveilleux!

xox

Courtney said...

love that nest and those googly eyes are too cute!!

Tanya Tahir said...

awww this layout is super super sweet! The way you made the little nest is soo adorable. You always do such amazing things :)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Sweet and adorable. Love the fun little eyes on the birdies. :)

Christie Bryant said...

Awesome layout! LOVE it!
I'm going to have to try that fabric stiffener, it sounds fabulous!

Alice Wertz said...

awwww... love love love the beautiful nest you created!!! amazing details. fabulous layout, Jing-Jing! looking forward to the fabric stiffener video! would like to give that a try!

Kim said...

oooooooo how delightful is that little birdie nest I love it!!!!!!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

how creative is the nest! i always enjoy the twig on your pages and the SMILES on your two little beauties, JJ!

Charlene said...

WOW did I say WOW?? Perfect LO...that nest is so cute and the buttons add the right touch :-)

just jennifer said...

just love how detailed your layouts are! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jennifer Larson said...

I'm a sucker for buttons. These look terrific! And I adore the photo--terrific looking with the black accents.

Keshet said...

Love this one, JJ!

Trish said...

Beautiful layouts, JJ! Love how the black makes the colors pop!

Pearl said...

Too cute ! That FP line sure is a winner this time !

Nadhrah Maidin said...

the birdie is awesome. It fits nicely in your lovely LO

irene moira said...

jing jing, all 4 LOs are just so adorable!! love them so much!! thanks for sharing & inspiring mee. :)