Friday, March 18, 2011

A Little Birdie Told Me...

The debut kit of Front Porch Kits by the Little Blue House is now sold out!  Talk about record time since it went live only just a few hours ago! 

This kit featured the most adorable line "It's the Little Things" from Fancy Pants, and a few sheets of Echo Park and Bella Boulevard thrown into the mix.  It has a lot of fun goodies and unique things.  I really enjoyed creating with it.  I have two projects to show right now as the last one still needs to be photographed.

Here my kids are playing "patient."  Other children play "doctor," mine much prefer to be the patient.  I think they might have inherited their feigning abilities from their, ahem, mother :)
I used a deep edge Martha Stewart punch here, and look, these yarns are so much fun to use!  I have absolutely zero yarn stash, so to get a little bit in the kit to try is seriously fun!
Here Second Child does a public reading in the living room to no one in particular.  It was seriously way too adorable.
There were two pieces of tag chipboards in the kit.  I decided to add photos to mine and hook them together using the gloriously beautiful yellow ribbon.  I don't think I can say enough good things about the Fancy Pants' "It's the Little Things" line, way way way too fantabulous!! 
The weekend is here and I am looking forward to some fun times ahead.  The Color Room blog hop was a huge success and I want to thank everyone who stopped by! 

Again, before I go, local folks, don't forget about the October Afternoon's Warehouse sale!

Here are the details:

Date: March 24-27
Time: 10am - 6pm Thurs-Sat & 12pm - 5pm on Sunday
Location: 5708 Upper 147th Street West Unit 101 Apple Valley, MN 55124

37 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

What cute creations for what looks like an adorable kit!

Rhonda Merry said...

I love what you created with the kit. very cute.

Mina974 said...

Very beautiful creations!! Yasmina

Karen B. said...

Wish I could make a road trip to MN for the sale.... Your layouts are great as always, such a wonderful balance of color.

Julie said...

rock on girlfriend!!!!! love your work!!

now.....
i need that punch
upset i don't have that kit
grrr why don't i live next to the oa warehouse????

xoxo

Tanya Tahir said...

Wow JJ that looks like a fun kit! Loving the yarn! Both layouts are fab and oh-so-cute - loving how your girls rather be the patient and second child with the public reading to noone in particular is adorable!!!! :)

jazsutra said...

OMG ! the photos on the layout "the patient" cracks me up!! so very cute! Gorgeous pages to remember you loved ones JJ!!!

Thanks for your bloglove ;)

jaz

Jennifer Yates said...

GORGEOUS work girl!!! I love all the yellow in yours! :)

jamie said...

omg! jing jing! (smile). those layouts have amazing details to them. great use of the tags and photos. really. i love it all.
~j

teacher jessy said...

Cuteness to the max!! Love both layouts :)

Merrilee said...

What a cute kit and I love the layouts you made with it!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Adorable creations. Love that glittery bird. :)

Keri said...

What a great kit! Love that cool glitter-yarn and the background on the first LO...love the scallop button-border, the title idea, and the double-tag arrangement on the bottom LO!

Jocelyn said...

What a great kit....man I missed out on it...I need it...now!!!!!

Love what you did with the kit and that yarn is just fabulous!!! The heart punches are perfect!!!

Wishing you a great weekend sweet friend!!! :-)

angie gutshall said...

This is a great looking kit! I will have to keep them in my favorites to check out next month :)

Love what you did with the kit!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

What a great looking sold out kit. I looked at it last night but thought I could scope it out today .. LOL Anyway, so I just bought another Imagine cart instead! Love your pages .. your kids are adorable! So much details on these .. love them!

Christie Bryant said...

WOWZERS! SO cute! Love, love your projects. Wish the kit wasn't sold out.

deana said...

Gorgeous pages! Love the designs! The kit looks so cute! Awesome that it sold out so quickly!

Love that passed on your feigning abilities! Too funny! How are you feeling, btw?

Susan said...

Your layouts are adorable. Wasn't the kit amazing?! Now I can't wait til next month's.
Susan

Alice Wertz said...

super layouts, Jing-Jing!! LOVE those yummy papers and your girl is just adorable!! how can you not scrap these photos?? love love the details on both, too. fabulous work as always! have a beautiful Sunday!

aina said...

Sooo beautiful pictures and great colours set together perfectly! So good to visit your blog! Wish you a nice sunday :-)

kathie said...

Beautiful layouts Jing-Jing. I particularly like the second one - so adorable!

Ange said...

Too funny on the patient lo! Very adorable!!

WriterGirl said...

Hello gorgeous!! Great layouts girl!

Pearl said...

fabulous designs here! yeah ! that FP line is fab I thought but I'm sitting it out . Promising times ahead for Front Porch kits !!!

Kathy said...

Wow you always leave me speechless. Between your photos and your layouts I always find a knockout here. Hugs, Kathy

Aubree said...

Love your creations...especially the "public reading" layout! I love that you kept the tags w pictures centered but placed the background just off center. This kit has such a great mix of papers and embellies! No wonder it sold out so quickly!!

Keshet said...

The kit is adorable!

liana suwandi said...

wayyyy to cute!!!! I want that MS punch :)

Barb P said...

I love your use of color and space in your layouts. Adorable, as always!

alexandra s.m. said...

j'aime tes deux pages et leurs sujets mais la mise en page de la deuxième est absolument GENIALE!

Merci Jing-Jing!!

Larajc said...

we will be away for our anniversary on Saturday. I think we are going (Rhonda from the Scrapbook Shop) on Thursday. Maybe someday we will meet up! Love you projects, as always!

Kim said...

these are both so delish, I love the reading one too too cute!!!!!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Jing-Jing, your layouts are pure eye candy! I could stare at them all day long. I love how you combine papers and embellishments. I really love the double hearts border on the first one and the tags on the second. Such cute photos of your kids, too!!

Charlene said...

I think my fav is the 1st one but OM gosh girl they are all fantastic!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Fabulous pages, Jing-Jing! Just love what you did with those hearts, and the reading page is a topic near and dear to my heart!

Belinda said...

Hmm, maybe you should just pick me up some goodies and send them my way! :D Man, why are the warehouse sales never in my part of town?

Anyhoo, lovely layout! :) Looks like a great kit!