Sunday, February 6, 2011

WIP Loves OA and So Do I

It's February, and I am officially sick of this winter and I'm ready for some lovely Afternoons in October! :)  Well, Trish must have read my mind, check out the current kit at WIP Let's face it, you mention October Afternoon, my knees go weak.  Can this Campfire line be cuter? (confession: i say this just about every oa line...)  I am a complete and utter sucker for cute animals.  If there is one thing I have learned in the last year: an embellishment is an embellishment.  It may have nothing to do with my page, it just embellishes, lol.  Well, in this case, I think the wilderness animals embellish my Yellowstone photos quite appropriately!

I added this little owl onto a couple of chipboards from American Crafts. I figured that he needs a house even if he lives in the wilderness :)  I can't help it, and I must say it, how cute is he?!

I also made this card for a co-worker who just welcomed a second son into his family. I am unofficially the card maker for my team at work.  It's almost a little embarrassing to be the crazy crafty lady, lol, but I mostly don't mind.  I do think people will complain about this card as it is quite 3-d, it won't be easy for the folks to sign, oh well :)


It looks like this kit is still in stock, rush on over to WIP and get yours!! It's an extremely versatile kit, you'll see a completely different look of a layout from me sometimes next week.

That's it folks, it's Superbowl Sunday and I've been scrapping relatively madly.  But now the BIG GAME is almost on, I must take leave and go park in front of the TV to see the last game for a long long long while (even without the labor agreement problems!!).

32 comments:

sweet craf-tea chick said...

fabulous LO and card, JJ! what an adorable collection and you use it so brilliantly! thank you for sharing and have a wonderful Super Bowl Sunday, hehe! *hugs* steph :)

curlyqmosaics said...

Such beautiful creations! I am so in love with the dear card. Absolutely love the details!

Nathalie said...

Great page and card Jing-Jing!! J'aime beaucoup les details surtout la bordure surlignée de feutre blanc! Les petits animaux sont super mignons aussi!

Kathy Martin said...

Fabulous page and card! You ROCK girl!

lotte chew said...

wow both project are beautiful!!!!!! love the patterned papers !!!! fab card

Sue said...

I love how the paper works so well with your photos Jing-Jing! Great layout and card. :)

Aubree said...

Fabulous layout! Certainly the perfect kit for you pixs!

Karen B. said...

Hmm, I am the crafty crazy lady at work as well but my coworkers are so el cheapo that they'd rather purchase an impersonal one at WallyWorld instead of asking me. Oh well. Your layout is gorgeous, great visual feel to it. And your card, too cute!!!

DeeDee said...

Love both of those. :) Such a sweet card. (I am the crazy crafty lady in m circle too. :)

Ryzmomplus2 said...

just love what you did with the kit! ahh yes I love OA too....

Virginia L. said...

Can't get over your BIG talent!! This page is amazing with the critters and that card is super adorable! I think the card is VERY fine as there's no sharp hat pins or anything too 3D at all--perfect card for a baby boy!!

Pearl said...

ooo you definitely have the pics for this line !!! adorable layout & details ! Sweet baby card too !

Stacey said...

I have to agree that I too have an OA addiction. Fantastic layout. So super cute!

deana said...

We're talking serious cuteness here! Love your little animal scene and that scalloped border simply rocks!

Were you happy with the game tonight? Wasn't sure who you were pulling for...?

teacher jessy said...

You always make OA looks so good!! Look at the layout and the card... beautifully done!! I am the unofficial cardmaker at work place too. LOL!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous page and card! and thank you for htese great shot from the CHA!! merci ;-))

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous layout, Jing-Jing! love those adorable critters you added. and the card is super cute! perfect for a newborn boy! love them both!

Jocelyn said...

Love this one JJ.....how cute!!!!

Yeppers...Super Bowl SUNDAY and the Packers won!!! YIPPEE!!!!

Have a great week!!!

Tanya Tahir said...

awww this is perfect in every way! I just posted a layout using Campfire too and had to giggle about your comments regarding the cute animals embellishing the pages - in my case, they are just embellishments as they had absolutely nothing to do with the photos LOL...but I think they're cute so i still used them :)

Keri said...

OA gets me EVERY time too! :)
Love this multi-photo layout, with the opposing title and journaling blocks...so adorable!

irene moira said...

love ur LO & card, Jing-Jing.. thanks for sharing. u make me want to get some fr the "campfire" collection, though i don't know what pic of mine will match that camp stuffs >.<

patricia said...

Magnifique. Love it!

Barb P said...

I adore that layout, Jing-Jing! Love the design, the photos, the colors -- and of course, that little owl. So nice of you to give him that nice, cozy house! Love the card too

Melanie said...

LOVE this layout and card! You have such fun projects. The WIP kit this month is fab--like always :)

Charlene said...

I LOVE OA too! That and CP are my fav's! Love the added birdhouse and the pictures are so darn cute!!! Great page and love the card :-) Have a wonderful week!

Debbie said...

Love the cute littler critters on your layout and card! I have them somewhere and need to use them! Love the layout and the scallop border on the right!!!

Jennifer Larson said...

The buttons are my favorite, along with the burgundy strip on the right! Gorgeous page.

We should scrap--let me know what works for you! I'll email you.

Keshet said...

Yum! These are so fun. I also love Campfire, but I'm afraid buying it would require me to go camping:)

jamie said...

jing-jing-...you just make me smile to read your thoughts and gestures (smile). i like your card, no matter how 3-d it is. and i know what you mean about being the 'crafty' one of the lot. everyone makes a deal, no? oh well...we all need our 15 minutes of fame.
~j

angie gutshall said...

So cute! Love the design!

Christie Bryant said...

LOVE this layout and LOVE OA just as much as you, my dear!

Cute card - the co-worker's HAVE to love it!

Samantha Sibbet said...

love these! Jing Jing, sounds like you had fun in LA!! I didn't go, 2 hours drive away, pathetic of me!